Wall Cling (What unconfirmed third party characters or first party can do it)

sorabrawl

WiiChat Member
Nov 8, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2222-2222-2222-2222
The only one I can think of that can do wall cling from third party is Rayman

You mean like ZSS's laser whip recovery?
Here are a couple:
-Sukapon
-Zero
-Frogger (with his tounge, but I'd absolutely HATE to see him in the game and I highly doubt he will be)

um thats a pretty long web site to scroll around, where is it that your talking about?

I believe SoraBrawl means this part:
Brawl central said:
We've explained to a general degree, Lucas' and Olimar's Smash attacks, but now we also have some "statistics" for some players, inlcuding the mention of a new technique called "Wall Cling". This is different from wall hopping, as it's believed that the player sticks to the wall for a few seconds in preparation for a controlled wall jump.

How it works: When close to the wall, Diddy Kong, Sheik, and Squirtle will automatically stick to the wall. It seems they may be the only three, or at least from the starters, that can do this. The article DOES mention that the characters can cling to the wall for a little bit, but doesn't specify how long exactly. My guess is 2-3 seconds. When on the wall, you tilt the joystick in the opposite direction to do a wall hop without wasting a midair jump. Yoshi and Chris from Brawl Central discovered this exclusively, once again.

At :16, you can see Diddy doing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZ2h5O8qeo&eurl=http://www.brawlcentral.com/news.php?y=2008&m=1

Yeah, but only 3 have been confirmed to be able to do wall clinging.

This makes me wonder what other techniques there is. Ink dropping and edge hugging are other techniques, so I'm curious to how many more there are.

don't see how it can be useful in any way...just like crawling, imo

You'd think Mario would be in there, as his wall jump/cling is a major part of Super Mario Galaxy.

TJgamer said:
Yeah, but only 3 have been confirmed to be able to do wall clinging.

This makes me wonder what other techniques there is. Ink dropping and edge hugging are other techniques, so I'm curious to how many more there are.
what is ink dropping and edge hugging? i've never heard these terms.

to balrogs.pa:
ya but you could already do that in melee with some characters...like if all it is is a delayed wall jump then its the same as using CF YL mario or shiek in melee...just seems easier to do...correct me if i'm wrong though

ithing characters like snake, and pit can only hover to the wall to hang on as their wall cling.

Back