Want Good Wii Games, Then Buy Them

What is so hard to understand for you all that the wii is being purchased for the novelty of it, and not hardcore games??? Do you people not comprehend the fact that 90% of the Wii's install base is the casual gamer, hooked on the system for the motion control. People who game hardcore already own a 360/PS3, and as the poster a few above me mentioned- will only buy a wii game that appeals to something different and unique from what they can get on 360/ps3.

Why buy MOH Heroes 2 when you have Halo 3 and COD4??? Why buy Zak and Wiki when you have Mass Effect and Assasins Creed? Same goes for No More Heroes (that game will not sell).

The hardcore bought the Wii for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and minigames--please try and process that...maybe it will FINALLY sink in. Then we won't have to see anymore threads like this!

Budo said:
Game sales are a reflection of the consoles market. I don't think anyone should be surprised by numbers like these anymore.
Thats exactly what I was trying to say.

Bumble14 said:
What is so hard to understand for you all that the wii is being purchased for the novelty of it, and not hardcore games??? Do you people not comprehend the fact that 90% of the Wii's install base is the casual gamer, hooked on the system for the motion control. People who game hardcore already own a 360/PS3, and as the poster a few above me mentioned- will only buy a wii game that appeals to something different and unique from what they can get on 360/ps3.

Why buy MOH Heroes 2 when you have Halo 3 and COD4??? Why buy Zak and Wiki when you have Mass Effect and Assasins Creed? Same goes for No More Heroes (that game will not sell).

The hardcore bought the Wii for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and minigames--please try and process that...maybe it will FINALLY sink in. Then we won't have to see anymore threads like this!

**Applauds**

This is so true. To tell you the truth I dont want 3rd party games that are on 360/PS3 on the Wii. Because aside from motion controls the Wii version offers nothing special while PS3/360 has alot more features, also better graphics isn't everything but it sure is a plus.

I want 3rd party games that are only on the Wii (No More Hereos) and are unique enough to set itself apart from 360/PS3. I bought the Wii for 1st party games, not 3rd party because they tend to suck or I can just buy it on the 360/PS3. Sadly No More Heroes isn't my type of game enough to spend my money on it over games like GTA4, DMC4, Too Human, CoD4, Halo 3, etc. Thats why I like 1st party games, they usually set themselves apart from other consoles. For example I can't wait for Mario Kart Wii because their are no other games like this and its the only racing franchise I like.

I dont buy many games but I purchased 3 third party titles to support em: Madden 08, Zack and Wicki, and Resident Evil 4.

Back