warranty question

Gregtheman10

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2007
lets say i go buy a 360 elite, and i buy the 3 year warranty. if it breaks 6 months after i get it for example, and i take it back to the store for a replacement, do i re-buy the warranty and does it restart or something like people are saying, or does it still end 3 years from the date i bought the origional?

Unfortunately that would end the warranty. So if you were to purchase a new console after that one broke you would have to purchase another warranty on the console. At least that's what I believe would happen. However you would probably have to talk to the employees of the store you bought it from.

ok, so i take it back to the store, the warranty ends, and they give me a replacement console. i would then rebuy the warranty, which is essentially like buying the new console for $50 right?

Gregtheman10 said:
ok, so i take it back to the store, the warranty ends, and they give me a replacement console. i would then rebuy the warranty, which is essentially like buying the new console for $50 right?

Or send it to microsoft and keep the warranty (no one is the wiser! :lol:)

ohhh so thats how it works, if you send it back to microsoft they pay for the shipping, you keep the warranty, but you have to wait a few weeks..ok thanks guys i understand now

Gregtheman10 said:
ohhh so thats how it works, if you send it back to microsoft they pay for the shipping, you keep the warranty, but you have to wait a few weeks..ok thanks guys i understand now
Yep, this is how it works; however, as stated by Microsoft, the new three year warranty comes with your purchase...you don't have to purchase the extra warranty. It makes sense that when you get a replacement that a new three year warranty would begin on the new console (the replacement), but there is probably a clause that says that the warranty only lasts from the date of the original purchase. Anyway, most of these problems have apparently already been fixed...most of the broken consoles are coming from the older versions from what I hear.

Back