Wavebird or Classic controller

JStrobes

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
New Orleans
Wii Online Code
7966-9725-8404-6106
I want one of these to use with my vc games but im not sure which one to get. What do you all recommend?

Classic Controller

Use the Classic Controller for VC games... the Wavebird/GameCube controller won't work with all VC games.

If you're like me and are obsessive over matching hardware, the Classic Controller is for you.

If you're going to get GameCube games, play the GameCube games with the GameCube controller. I'd pick a platinum GameCube controller.

I wish they would release a GameCube special edition controller that has the same look (font, style) as the Wii controllers.

Dude, get Nintendo's wavebird. It's wireless and works with MOST virtual console titles, not to mention it works with GC titles. I picked one up just for this purpose and I love it!!

when you say most, which ones arent gamecube controller supported?

i'm just gonna buy an original wired silver controller. wires don't bother me much, so i don't think the wavebird is worth the xtra money.

JStrobes said:

It's not like there's a list. . .we don't even have a list of what games they are releasing to the VC. As they release games, the icons on the download page will indicate the compatible controllers. I'd say that 99% of the VC games will be gamecube controller campatible.

Go with the Wavebird since you can play both GCN and VC games with it and its wireless but if your not going to buy GCN games then just go with classic.

You could also try buying a used wavebird controller fromeb games or some thing they sell for $15.99 (at least here they do). Compared to the classic which is $20 right? I may be wrong but that's what I did.

JStrobes said:

Some Genesis, Turbografx-16 games. NES games you can play with your Wii Remote, and SNES games are more natural played on the Classic Controller.

Back