Weird marks on Wii?

wiiplayer5

WiiChat Member
Oct 30, 2007
Hi everybody!

Quick question:

I packed up my Wii for a move recently, and I noticed that there are all these little marks on its surface. It's the side that would be the "bottom" if the Wii is horizontal, or the "left side" if the Wii is in the vertical stand.

There are also marks on the "top"/"right side," but fewer.

They're most visible under a light. They're not dark -- they're white, but they're just weird textural differences. Maybe caused by heat? I don't know.

If any of you have the chance, could you check your Wiis and see if you have a similar phenomenon? I'm just curious if I'm alone with this.

Thanks much!

I'm saying, I noticed this WHILE I was packing it up. Like, I had no reason to look closely at the Wii until I was packing it up. But whatever caused the Wii to be marked up, happened before I packed it up.

These aren't really scratches per se, more like little white marks speckling the surface.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar situation... couldya check out your wii under a light and report back? You'd make this brunette very happy. :)

Last edited:
i got some scratches on mine when i first tried to take it out of that little stand thing and the stand scratched the sides a bit.

It is from your box... same damn thing happened to mine. If you look at the edges of the two blue boxes within the whole box, you'll see their perferated and kind of wavy. Well combine that with the "soft" finish on the wii and you get those wavy hairline scratches that look like someone took a very high grit sandpaper to it.
If your convinced that is not it, then make sure you never box it up without plastic around it because you'll just pick up more scratches on the wii.

Back