Well, MOHH2 online is ruined...

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
It's official: the cheating has begun.

I've kind of suspected it a few times, but I just finished a game, in which it was undeniable. The game had been going on a long time by the time I joined, but there was one guy with a score of something like 100 (kills)-1 (death). His kills kept rising and he never died, despite several obvious occasions during which he should have. One time, I put two solid shots in hits head with a sniper rifle--nothing. Then a minute later, when another dude on my team and I were blasting him, a grenade blew up right next to him (as in, he was standing on top of it)--nothing. Not only did the 50 bullets we pumped into him fail to kill him, but neither did a grenade right underneath him.

So, it's only a matter of time before the whole online portion of the game is destroyed, and EA will do nothing about it.

Too bad. The game is actually pretty decent online (for the Wii). I guess I will just sell it afterall while it's still worth something.

Yes maybe he is cheating or maybe he is amazingly good. If he died at least once than maybe he wasn't cheating. Also it isn't ruined just because you have encountered 1 cheater. He will probably get caught. Don't worry i say, it is only a matter of time until he is gone.

Desi_Wii_G said:
Yes maybe he is cheating or maybe he is amazingly good. If he died at least once than maybe he wasn't cheating. Also it isn't ruined just because you have encountered 1 cheater. He will probably get caught. Don't worry i say, it is only a matter of time until he is gone.

And who's going to do it? EA? I doubt it.

And who's going to stop the thousands of other players from cheating?

mushroomedmario said:
the way i see it, it can not be as bad as cs, it's a wii, not a pc, totally dif people, i doubt there will be that many hackers

Apparently this is your first online console game. Every play the original SOCOM? The cheating became rampant within the first year of release. Sony could do nothing and did nothing, just as will be the case with this game.

Atomheart said:
Apparently this is your first online console game. Every play the original SOCOM? The cheating became rampant within the first year of release. Sony could do nothing and did nothing, just as will be the case with this game.
Oh god Socom was ruined I agree. But the Wii is not as easy to hack, its true I mean think about it. Why hack a Wii?

Can you set up Private games...where only people with a password can get in?

I really dont see why people hack during online games, these are the people that arent there for fun...kinda like carrying a guitar around just to pick up chicks.

It's not ruined by any means, just either:
a: join a new server
b: ask for a votekick
c: set up a private match

how about post an online "cheater's thread" so that we can search for them online and report them.

phillepino said:
how about post an online "cheater's thread" so that we can search for them online and report them.

thats a great idea. I hate cheaters and as a socom player, they've ruined the game. Don't let them ruin this one. Put that thread up phillepino so we can report them.

Yeh just votekick him or instantly join another game.

Too bad hes rank will go skyhigh and the ranking is ****ed up than.

theres ways to prevent it but not fully stop it, why dont they load the server with anti hacks too kick the hacker or w/e.

But i dont see this happening because nintendo doesent give a rats about online

Back