questions on MOH:H2

kmcheng

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
just got MOH:H2, not bad I guess, still need sometime get use to play online game in Wii on TV other than in computer on the LCD monitor.

In the online play, can I set the game to always display others' name and color (so that I can know if he s friend or foe) instead of display it only when I point the cursor to it (too slow this way)? You know, if I know it is a friend, I won't do team kill. By the way, which side/team is red and which is green? I got confused.
Also, I think that the rifles' killing power, like M1 and K98, is lower than I think. When I shoot these two rifles for 1 to 2 shots, especially in close range, the guy should be dead right away. But end up I need to 3-4+ shots.
And, how do I tell if the guy is dead? I don't have a HDTV, so quite hard to tell.
Also, I think the steps on throwing grenade is too complicated. You know, press Z to set off the pin, B to set target, and then throw... I rather just press Z and threw it. I love the kick grenade function though, cute. In computer games it is to threw it back.

Sorry, I am a rookie on this game

Last edited:
Friend is green (Allies) Foe is Red (Axis)
You know the enemy is killed because he won't be on the screen at all anymore, he fades away. Also if no one is shooting at you anymore you know he's dead :lol:

kmcheng said:
just got MOH:H2, not bad I guess, still need sometime get use to play online game in Wii on TV other than in computer on the LCD monitor.

In the online play, can I set the game to always display others' name and color (so that I can know if he s friend or foe) instead of display it only when I point the cursor to it (too slow this way)? You know, if I know it is a friend, I won't do team kill. By the way, which side/team is red and which is green? I got confused.No, I dont think you can unfortunately. This is extremely annoying when sniping. Always look at your radar so you can tell if it is a teammate or not. Red is Axis, Green is Allies. The radar will only show your teammates.

Also, I think that the rifles' killing power, like M1 and K98, is lower than I think. When I shoot these two rifles for 1 to 2 shots, especially in close range, the guy should be dead right away. But end up I need to 3-4+ shots.
And, how do I tell if the guy is dead? I don't have a HDTV, so quite hard to tell.I dont use the M1 or K98, so I'm not so sure about that part. But telling the guy is dead is also a problem for me, and I have a pretty nice TV. Sometimes, when people die, they will fall down, but sometimes, their body just freezes. I always look at the bottom right of the screen if I'm not sure to check for the "[Your name here] killed [Opponents name here] (Weapon)" thing that comes up.

Sorry, I am a rookie on this game. No problem. :wink:

Hope I helped. :smilewinkgrin:

thanks, you guys!
Some more comments:
Is Thompson pretty much the same as MP40? The only thing don't like about Thompson is it just got 20 rounds in a magazine while MP40 got 32, so got to reload Thompson's clips very frequently.
StG's shooting speed is slower than I think, should be the same as BAR. Or is it the same? Feels like slow though.
The bazooka should have more than 3 rounds.
I like the rifles' reloading speed though, very fast. And the reloading sound is very real, comes from the wiimote.

kmcheng said:
thanks, you guys!
Some more comments:
Is Thompson pretty much the same as MP40? The only thing don't like about Thompson is it just got 20 rounds in a magazine while MP40 got 32, so got to reload Thompson's clips very frequently.
StG's shooting speed is slower than I think, should be the same as BAR. Or is it the same? Feels like slow though.
The bazooka should have more than 3 rounds.
I like the rifles' reloading speed though, very fast. And the reloading sound is very real, comes from the wiimote.
Tompson is slightly more powerful, but I use MP40 because of the larger clip. It gives you a bigger margin of error in your aiming. But if you think your an ace, use the tompson.

kmcheng said:
should I use zapper to play this game?

I definitely wouldn't. Like IGN said, We would rather flick the wiimote instead of turn a hunk of plastic around. (Not exact words.) Something to that extent.

I don't know, zapper makes it more real, at least in the arcade mode
Let me try online play without zapper next time.

I've gotten good at this game, Im #1 90% of the time online. If you want to do your best don't use the zapper, learn to recognize all the uniforms, I never look at the red/green name, and get good timing for the granades. If you have a direct view of someone the, granade shouldn't hit the ground before it blows up. Once you get your timing down its really easy to hit people on ledges and balconies as it blows up in mid air. This is a bit cheap though.

I'm not trying to brag, I'm just giving some tips.
Also how do you kick granades, not that thats practicle because people cook the hell out of them.

kick grenade: press and hold C button for zapper and - button for elite
It is fun, but not really practical - the grenade goes off pretty fast, unlike the previous MOH or COD3, which have a few seconds delay.

I tried, play without zapper indeed is a A LOT easier. I don't know if it is a good news or bad news.

As I played some more, I am fed up with the underpowered rifles, like the M1 and K98. I should be able to shot once or twice to finish the guy, but always end up needed 4-5 shots...

kmcheng said:
thanks, you guys!
Some more comments:
Is Thompson pretty much the same as MP40? The only thing don't like about Thompson is it just got 20 rounds in a magazine while MP40 got 32, so got to reload Thompson's clips very frequently. I personally prefer the MP40 in the Sewers, Thompson in the Village and sometimes in the Port, and StG everywhere else.
StG's shooting speed is slower than I think, should be the same as BAR. Or is it the same? Feels like slow though. No, I think StG is faster. In my opinion, it is a much better gun, its my primary gun.
The bazooka should have more than 3 rounds. Definitely agreed, but they might become too powerful? Idk.
I like the rifles' reloading speed though, very fast. And the reloading sound is very real, comes from the wiimote.Yeah, I love having a speaker in the wiimote :)

Getting timing of the grenades right is KEY, I'm still not good at it yet. It feels like I'm ALWAYS getting killed by grenades, theyre very pesky if people know how to use them right.

uloseiwin said:
Getting timing of the grenades right is KEY, I'm still not good at it yet. It feels like I'm ALWAYS getting killed by grenades, theyre very pesky if people know how to use them right.

of course, they go off 1-2 seconds after they hit the ground, you don't really have the chance to kick it. When I play previous MOH and COD, often time I can throw the grenade back if I want to, it gives you about 4 seconds.

hey, what is your name in H2? I want to add you. You know, you are a great helper. :yesnod:

BTW, any way I can improve the firepower of the rifles? I mean, if I cannot do one shoot/two shoots one kill (which I should be able to with a rifle), then the rifles are pretty much useless (I don't know about sniper rifle).
I also discovered that I pretty much need to empty the whole clip in Thompson to kill a single guy (half a clip for MP40). As for BAR/StG, the firepower are supposed to be greater than Thompson/MP40, but I think it is about the same.
From this setting, I think the more firing speed the gun is (Thom/MP40), the better chance you can kill. For the fire power, these MGs and those rifles are pretty much the same, unforunately.

Last edited:
I started to be a little tired of the game.
For me, besides using the Thompson and MP40, I can barely use other guns to kill effectively. Like I use BAR or M1, I keep shooting several shots each person (BAR doesn't shot very fast), but can't really kill. I mean, then what is the point?
When I keep shooting but can't kill, that guy is going to kill me.

kmcheng said:
of course, they go off 1-2 seconds after they hit the ground, you don't really have the chance to kick it. When I play previous MOH and COD, often time I can throw the grenade back if I want to, it gives you about 4 seconds. Yeah, I often see the little kick grenade button while I am running away from the grenade, and every single time it makes me hesitate, and it costs me. Once you get grenade throwing down, you can be deadly.

hey, what is your name in H2? I want to add you. You know, you are a great helper. :yesnod: Thanks, glad I could help. :) My name is BFAuloseiwin due to my clan. If you want to join, PM me. That goes for anyone else who reads this too :)

BTW, any way I can improve the firepower of the rifles? I mean, if I cannot do one shoot/two shoots one kill (which I should be able to with a rifle), then the rifles are pretty much useless (I don't know about sniper rifle). The sniper rifles are great, yet I am a horrible sniper. Snipers get very annoying at the Port, I cant stand them sometimes. As for the other rifles, I tried the M1 once, and deemed it useless.:sick:
I also discovered that I pretty much need to empty the whole clip in Thompson to kill a single guy (half a clip for MP40). As for BAR/StG, the firepower are supposed to be greater than Thompson/MP40, but I think it is about the same. ...Maybe. I know for a fact the BAR is more powerful, and probably the StG. The thing is, on most maps (except for Sewers), unless you are very very good at aiming, youve got no chance to hit people with the majority of your shots if they are moving. In the Sewers, its different because people tend to run right at you: thus I go with the faster firing MP40over the slow but powerful StG. On Village you might consider an MP40/Thompson, but I use StG the majority of the time. It's just my style.
From this setting, I think the more firing speed the gun is (Thom/MP40), the better chance you can kill. For the fire power, these MGs and those rifles are pretty much the same, unforunately. Gotta hate those rifles :crazy:

Hope to see you online in MOHH2 :)

Back