What aftermarket wireless GC controllers work?

I bought the Intec pair

I purchased the Intec pair from amazon for like $27 for both. That is less than 1 Wavebird. I used them on the Wii and they work great and they have rumble, which was a must have for me. They do feel a little cheaper, but then again they are.

To me they are better and cheaper than the Wavebird because they have the rumble feature.

csi guy you need to take some more ridalyn and get a grip.

learn to read (or repeat 1st grade for reading comphrension) before you just SCREAM at people with out probable cause. you have 1000+ posts and probably 99.9% of them are "argumentative"

chill out.

as for "allan" do as you want. you want to sign, sign. how do ANY of us know its not/or is your real name? besides a BUNCH of you post your name in your profile so what difference does it make?? :) i dont know about aftermarket controllers for the game cube im sorry i know pelican wireless worked really well for my PSP. id say just get em anyways. if you dont like them, you have 30 days to return them :)

<3 jilly

(signed just to piss CSI guy off)

I'd agree with those citing quality issues with cheaper controllers. The tactile feel of the controller has more to do with how the game feels than you know. If you've ever compared a $5 keyboard to a more expensive one, it's the same thing. Sure, they both work, but the more expensive ones will generally feel better. Same thing with computer mice.

If you use a third party controller exclusively, then you might not notice the difference, but if you ever switch between the nintendo made controller and a third party controller, the difference in feel, quality and game play will stick out badly. Personally I've never bought anything other than Nintendo brand controllers just because I find the feel of them to be better and less distracting when playing games.

That said, Nintendo has created some junk controllers, the SNES and N64 controllers were the flimsiest they ever made.

I've purchased 4 wavebirds, all from Walmart for about $27 a piece. Cheaper than even Nintendo.com. Might want to check it out if you happen to have a Walmart near by.

Well... up here in canada i don't think the wavebirds are that cheap. I ended up getting a pair of I-con wireless controllers. Tried them out with mariokart64 on the VC and they work without a hitch.

Having never touched the wavebirds, i have no baseline for comparison so it doesn't bother me that they're "cheaper"

thanks for your input people.

I'm glad not everybody here is like csiguy lol. then again, our society would fall apart if that were the case.

Allan! (and yes. that's my name. lol)

afterthought review:

Cons
- it uses 4 AA's not the usual 2
- no rumble feature
- no instructions to use the marco button (but website link provided)

Pros
- has an off switch

but it works and the buttons don't feel too bad.

meh. it's just for mariokart64 lol

Allan!

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the review - I've been thinking about getting aftermarket wireless controllers too, as here in the UK, the Wavebirds are stupidly expensive (if you can find anywhere that has them still).

I just checked on Amazon and they're selling at £25 which is $50 each! I don't want to spend fifty quid/a hundred bucks on 2 controllers that I'll only use a bit, so I found a guy on ebay selling 2 non-official ones for £15 ($30), plus £12 ($24) shipping from the States to the UK.

£25 for one Wavebird or £27 for 2 unofficial ones... I think I'm gonna go for the unofficial ones ;)

yup.... aftermarket seems the way to go if you want best 'bang for your buck'.

If you don't throw your controllers in anger like some other poster mentioned, i'm sure you'll be fine.

The only regret with the I-Con controllers... is that they use 4 AAs and have no rumble feature. Double check before you get yours!

Allan!

Back