Where are the aftermarket Wii Controllers?

anark

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2007
Toronto Canada
Wii Online Code
5636-7810-2729-9129
It's been a while since the system has come out... how come no aftermarket companies have controllers out? they'd make a killing especially since there's a shortage...

anybody know when some are slated to come out?
Allan!

i dont no a date but madcatz has been working on them.

I would imagine because Wiimotes are just a bit more complex that a traditional controller. Before it was just push buttons and relay correct signal; now its push buttons, detect movement, and relay correct signal.

I think it might have to do w/ copyright laws and regulations. 3rd party companies normally have to wait a certain amount of time to pass before they can emulate the controllers. Just a wild guess from me though.

I'm worried. I mean, think about it: 3rd party accessories have always been somewhat unreliable. What is going to happen with the Wii? My guess is they are going to become INCREDIBLY unreliable. 3rd party companies couldnt even put buttons in properly so that they would work long-term, now they have to worry about getting the controller to detect motion and whatnot. And if I am correct, will this mean that a lot of third party producers will leave nintendo?

It gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

I don't understand why people are having such problems with third party stuff (except for the stuck memory card fiasco, not their fault.) If everyone who says that they are unreliable and are like that one guy who regularly throws the controllers against the wall, they should be shot. I have many third party controllers for my PS1, GC, and PC (as its all third party) and nothing has broken on me.

Personally I'm looking for some cheap alternatives for Red Steel multiplayer when my friends come over that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Back