What is holding me back? My TV

Tantillus

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Hi. This is my first post. I have a 13 inch tv that has been sitting in my closet for the last several years and its the only one I have. I was thinking about getting a wii, but if I do I need a new TV. I want one that is capable of displaying the 480p digital signal that is the best the Wii can provide. Can anyone link me a good TV to buy that is not to expensive but can handle that? Thanks.

Ouch, I would suggest getting any TV thats bigger than 22in, in order to make it enjoyable, they're cheap too...
I'm not talking about lcd's or plasmas
You can never tell a good tv over the net either, your best choice is to go to WalMart or something and find one... Warehouses have plenty of small sized tv's going pretty cheap, like Costco, Sam's Club.

Best place to ask about this is avforums.com. They are very knowledgeable and helpful long as you are polite.

Personally I tend to reccomend Samsung myself. They are excellent build quality and my HD set has been running my 360 really well. Mine is 27" and was £500.

Black Friday - Circuit City

many huge HDTV's cheap...

how does a 52" for $1,000 sound?:cornut:

paintba||er said:
but just so you know the Wii doesn't output in digital.
Of course. Nintendo announced long ago that the Wii runs in 480p Morse Code output. I thought this was common knowledge? Didn't you guys get the carrier pigeon?

my tv is 20 inch but i wont be stand/sitting no more than 6 feet away which means that the size is fine.

Olevia 323v is your cheapest bet. If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks on shipping, you can get one for about $350 - just check pricewatch.com.

Here's the specs and info:

Olevia.com

It's HD-Ready, which means it has an analog tuner, but not a HD-tuner. But if you're this far behind on TV technology, I doubt you'll have much use for an HD tuner.

i take it hd ready t.vs can still produce a 480p picture? dont know what the difference is between hd ready and hdtv'.

Back