Bigger the tv, the harder it is?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
hmmmmmm thats deff something strange, however i know in the settings you can change the TV setup on the wii. like theres a setting to make it standard or HD??? i think thats the correct lable-ing is it HD? i just know there is a setting.

man that was helpful wording. god i hope someone can better elaborate cause i just cant seem to find the words! i just know that i saw the setting the other day when i was fiddeling around with it
well, there are really 2 screen settings, one for rez and the other for screen shape (widescreen or standard screen), yes, there is an HD setting, not sure if it will help with this problem, but knowing the video lag on SD connection on an HD TV, that could be what's causing it, otherwise I think the problem is a standard screen setting on a widescreen television, usually overlooked

Mau said:
is the really big one a plasma tv???
No, just a widescreen. It's over 50"...the smaller one is 36". They're both nice, but the on the bigger one the controls are just so finicky.

C'mon guys, its all about the LAG. As earlier mentioned but not noticed. tsk tsk...

You guys really think that the tv tells the wii what size it is and the mote/console bluetooth connection somehow tells how far away you are??? The only idea that is crazier than that is Popular Science's ideas on the pointing function...

Yes, it's the lag in many HD TV sets. If there is an option for calibrating lag, play around with that.

Guitar Hero 2 had a lag calibrater, so I believe it's up to the developer.

Brawny said:
C'mon guys, its all about the LAG. As earlier mentioned but not noticed. tsk tsk...

You guys really think that the tv tells the wii what size it is and the mote/console bluetooth connection somehow tells how far away you are??? The only idea that is crazier than that is Popular Science's ideas on the pointing function...
Yes it's lag....I'm not saying its the ACTUAL tv, but the bigger the TV the worse it is...and that's true.

ssbb_lover said:
Yes it's lag....I'm not saying its the ACTUAL tv, but the bigger the TV the worse it is...and that's true.

I'm playing on a 51" screen and it's no different from playing on the 27". I think it depends on the TV, some do some processing before displaying the image.

Back