What TV To Get???

For a PS3? You won't get the full experience of a PS3 unless you buy a TV with 1080p capability. The cheapest you will get one of those would be around $1500.

Jorge said:
For a PS3? You won't get the full experience of a PS3 unless you buy a TV with 1080p capability. The cheapest you will get one of those would be around $1500.

He needs a HDCP TV. I agree, OP you need to save up and get a decent HDCP TV, its worth the wait. There might be something cheaper than 1500 out there but its going to be a tough find.

i might recommend buying used or refurbished. Use craigslist.com also if you are in the US of A.

DRMARIO said:
$500 .. Thats around £300 right?
I'd be very surprised if you got a half decent TV for that price...
Why not save up and get a good one??
more like pushing £260.

19" hmmmmm
I would prefer to just wait ya know. Get some more money. It will be worth it. Get a job or keep working extra shifts if you already have a job

Gaz said:
more like pushing £260.

Yepo!

500.00 USD = 253.717 GBP

Last edited:
spicka said:
Ok everyone, im buying a new TV in the next few days/weeks and i dont know what to get. So im looking for suggestions!

I want..
-HDTV with at least 720p but i would like 1080i
-Around 30 inches
-LCD not Plasma
-$400-$500
-HDMI input
-Reliable Brand
-16:9 widescreen

Thanks For ANY Help!!!
:eek:ut: I am with everyone else here. Thats not going to get you much. I dont think W* has one in that price range. You might want to post your question in AVS forum www.avsforum.com Save some more$$$$

If you want to get one now, I rather get the 27' olivia than the 19' samsung one. How long do you think you can save another 500 dolars??

Wii_Smurf said:
19" hmmmmm
I would prefer to just wait ya know. Get some more money. It will be worth it. Get a job or keep working extra shifts if you already have a job

Yepo!

I cant get a job, stupid child labor laws, i have tried to do odd jobs for people but they people are always like "id rather do it myself", my parents wont give me any money because they already are, im fu**** :mad:

I also saw these

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=5000000&N=4001382+5000029&pos=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&ec=&topnav=

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11212734&whse=BC&Ne=5000000+4000000&N=4001382%205000030&Mo=1&pos=1&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

I personally would have a smaller TV with a good picture than a larger TV with a picture that looks like a 1st grade student drew.

Jorge said:
I personally would have a smaller TV with a good picture than a larger TV with a picture that looks like a 1st grade student drew.

the bigger the better.....

unless you are just choosing between a 30 and a 32 for example... if it is for 2-4 inches, I'll get the better image, but if you find a deal for a bigger one, like if you are between a nice picture 32 inch and a ok 37, I'll get the 37

Mau said:
what tv do you have now?

Well i had a 17" phillips LCD EDTV, and i just sold it on ebay for $250 (i made $20, i bought it for $230 a few months ago)

Now im using crappy trutech 15" 4:3 LCD SDTV, that i bought 2 years ago, which is better then the 13" tube tv i had before that

So i dont really need that big of a tv because its just going to be a bedroom tv

spicka said:

Aim for some of these.

Sceptre X37SV-Komodo 37" LCD TV

* Has a built-in ATSC digital tuner
* HDMI/DVI with HDCP
* 1000:1 contrast ratio
* 8ms response time
* 1366 x 768 (WXGA) - 1080p through HDMI

Sceptre's X37SV-Komodo is a 37" LCD TV that seems to have every feature you could ask for in a TV. It can show images up to 1080p through the HDMI cable and it has a built-in digital/analog tuner. It has DMI and DVI with HDCP copyright protection. The contrast ratio and response time are consistent with other LCD TVs.

LG Electronics M3701C-BA 37" LCD Display

* Does not have a built-in ATSC digital tuner
* 1600:1 contrast ratio
* 8ms response time
* DVI and Component inputs
* 1366 x 768 (WXGA) resolution

This is a nice-looking LCD TV from LG Electronics that has DVI with HDCP (DVI can connect to HDMI components with an adapter). LG lists the contrast ratio as 1600:1 but I saw it for 1200:1 at Pricegrabber. The bottom line is that it's pretty good. The specs are all comparable to other models in this price range. The only downside is the lack of a built-in digital tuner.

ViewSonic N3751w 37" LCD TV

* 8ms response time
* Three HDMI with HDCP inputs

ViewSonic makes computer monitors so you have to believe they know a thing or two about LCD displays. This patricular television looks interesting. For starters, the N3751w has three HDMI inputs with HDCP. The picture enhancement technology is called ClearPicture, so basic cable/satellite should look pretty good. The other specifications mimic other models within this category.

I'm aiming for a 37' TV...the problem though is that I'm afraid that my parents are going to claim it as their own tv and when I'm ready to move out or w/e that it won't be coming along for the trip....but yeah all in all I'm not going to sacrifice quality for a lower price. Not in this day and age.

This looks like a nice product though...I'd definitely buy it in a heartbeat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Panasonic-VIERA-37-HDTV-Plasma-Flat-Panel-TV_W0QQitemZ110110144781QQihZ001QQcategoryZ61400QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can someone please explaim to me VGA vs HDMI vs Component. I know component cables are pretty good according to most people. Which out of the three is the BEST? What do the letters stand for?

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Aim for some of these.

Sceptre X37SV-Komodo 37" LCD TV

* HDMI/DVI with HDCP
* 8ms response time
* 1366 x 768 (WXGA) - 1080p through HDMI

Sceptre's X37SV-Komodo is a 37" LCD TV that seems to have every feature you could ask for in a TV. It can show images up to 1080p through the HDMI cable and it has a built-in digital/analog tuner. It has DMI and DVI with HDCP copyright protection. The contrast ratio and response time are consistent with other LCD TVs.

LG Electronics M3701C-BA 37" LCD Display

* Does not have a built-in ATSC digital tuner
* 1600:1 contrast ratio
* 8ms response time
* DVI and Component inputs

This is a nice-looking LCD TV from LG Electronics that has DVI with HDCP (DVI can connect to HDMI components with an adapter). LG lists the contrast ratio as 1600:1 but I saw it for 1200:1 at Pricegrabber. The bottom line is that it's pretty good. The specs are all comparable to other models in this price range. The only downside is the lack of a built-in digital tuner.

ViewSonic N3751w 37" LCD TV

* 8ms response time
* Three HDMI with HDCP inputs

ViewSonic makes computer monitors so you have to believe they know a thing or two about LCD displays. This patricular television looks interesting. For starters, the N3751w has three HDMI inputs with HDCP. The picture enhancement technology is called ClearPicture, so basic cable/satellite should look pretty good. The other specifications mimic other models within this category.

Thanks For all this info but, i want something in the 23-2 inch range, its for my room, which isnt that big

Back