what is up with australia?!?!

thendis

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
Hello everyone, glad to have joined Wii Chat. I just have something to get off my chest.

I am fortunate enough to have bought the Wii on its launch day in Australia, and am loving it so far, but I am VERY disappointed with the australian retailers. Maybe it's just my city (Adelaide), but absolutely no stores I have been in to have stocked any Wii merchandise -- no games, no consoles, nothing except for a few wii controlers (and even those are very hard to find).

If it weren't for nintendo bundling Wii Sports with the console, I literally would not be able to play a game with my wii, 2 weeks after buying it.

This is not a case of shops selling out, they never had them to begin with.

This is just not good enough IMO.

Is this the same for other countries?

i feel better now :)

Totally know how you feel LOL

Such a pain..coz JB have risen their prices to 94.98 now!

And Myer is outta stock..so is Target...and Dicksmith only have 2 fricken games...uggghh...oh and Toys R Us only have..what...Cars and Spongebob? (I got Cars though..on launch day...it's a pretty cool game)...and EB games..dunno what is up with them...they seem to be selling just a few games..and they're SO expensive!

Hopefully these shops restock soon...and lower the prices...

Is it hard or really expensive for you guys to order stuff from the internet there?

Or are there not internet stores that have games right now?

Internet stores here in aus arent very reliable...I got zelda an gettin wii play for xmas but really want elebits or DBZ! Anyway, my local EB has wii points so ill get them.

Most stores in melbourne only have a few of each accessory also, ebgames, jb hi-fi, myer, target, Big W.

i found the cheapest of all would be k-mart/bigw/target. and EB Games the most expensive.

too bad that adelaides too small of a state, u might want to get a friend from melbourne or sydney to buy and post a couple games for u :)

most stores have stock of at least one game,

-IE i bought red steel from EB games (which was their only game in stock)
-and i had to go to Big W to buy Zelda (which was also their last game in stock)
-Finally found a Wii remote+Play from another EB store across the state
-and just got 2x wiimote cover set from JB Hi-Fi yesterday

even in melbourne u can tell its a hassle to find accessories, u'll have a harder time in adelaide

Reply to taco- i think majority of us aussies just prefer to buy stuff that u can see first hand, cause internet can be quite dodgy, + a lot of us r doll bludgers so we don't own credit cards (centerlink ftw)

actually you bring up another important issue Chidori -- the price of games.

What currency conversion tool are they using to get $95? USA are selling them for $50, which means australia stores really shouldn't be selling them for more than around $70. Even if you add an extra $5 a game for postage, that's still only $75-$80. grr

over here in greece . were gettin them at 60€ . kinda alot . pretty upset about it but ill live .. ne ways . i went to 5 different stores and i found that each store has a few different games .. 1 had zelda n tony hawk .. another had rayman n red steel n call of duty .. and the others just have wii play and super moneky ball .. maybe you just need to try different stores .. >? dont know just a thought

Back