what should i do about SSB: Brawl?

P13Z0MB13

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2007
i am defenatly getting it, but i want to know what are the chances i will be able to pick it up on opening day? i live in a place where there really isnt many big citys around, and the only place near me where i could get it would be wal-mart, or hollywood video... even to this day in my area it is almost impossible to get a wii, wal-mart orders 10 a week, and they are sold out almost instantly, i had to get mine off of craigslist. but anyway, what should i do?

Should I:

-expect it to be there on opening day?
-show up at wal-mart at midnight?
-drive 75 miles to a place that can pre-order it?
-something i havent thought of yet?

I think that this is a game that you don't want to run any risks of not being able to play it. If you have the option, and the means... I would say find a way to get a pre-order. Showing up at Walmart at midnight would also be a good choice, but Camping out at Walmart would be a better choice in my opinion.
Do you have friends who would be willing to make an hour-something road trip to pick up a copy of (from what I've heard) the best game this year, if not ever?
I know that it's a tough decision, and it doesn't seem like an hour-something drive would be worth it... But I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't regret it.

And if you couldn't get it at midnight, and had to wait until you could buy it somwhere... How much would you be kicking yourself?

!S

I feel its just major hype. Even Halo 3 didn't sell out first day, and it had more mass marketing. I personally will be sleeping till 7:00, then go to Target and get it then. Chances are most gamers are going to the Midnight release at GS, so I think Targets safe. I feel Walmart will be the same, in your case.

And even if it sells out in your area, should you really care? You've waited this long, a couple more days won't kill you. ^_^

Stevwen said:
I think that this is a game that you don't want to run any risks of not being able to play it. If you have the option, and the means... I would say find a way to get a pre-order. Showing up at Walmart at midnight would also be a good choice, but Camping out at Walmart would be a better choice in my opinion.
Do you have friends who would be willing to make an hour-something road trip to pick up a copy of (from what I've heard) the best game this year, if not ever?
I know that it's a tough decision, and it doesn't seem like an hour-something drive would be worth it... But I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't regret it.

And if you couldn't get it at midnight, and had to wait until you could buy it somwhere... How much would you be kicking yourself?

!S
LMAO mabey the best game of the year, but no where close to the best game of all time.

Come on guys it's only smash bros what's all the fuss about?

Get girfreinds or something jesus :lol:

Like mentioned before I don't think it'll be -impossible- to find. Look around places that sell games and I'm sure some of them will have it in stock. Don't look at places that might get a bunch of reserved like Gamestop or EB, etc.

ive got my copy pre-ordered in a town thats an hour & a half drive away, and im goin there on opening day to pick it up...imo, thats ur best option

im just gonna get up early and go to walmart when they open it's not that complicated and even if you fail to get a copy more will come

ally_uk said:
Come on guys it's only smash bros what's all the fuss about?

Get girfreinds or something jesus :lol:

lol true enough.Im sure places will have it,no biggie

Well that depends; if there aren't many people going to the walmart at midnight, that would be your best bet. Shame there aren't any GameStops near you so you can preorder (that's what I did)

the only thing that ever sells out is the wii, and gh3 but that was becuz they got the shipment at the end of jan

If you have any friends that live near a Gamestop, have them preorder it for you then you caxn go see them to pick it up when it comes out!!:smilewinkgrin: :lol: :yesnod: :cool: :wtf:

If you haven't pre-ordered it, it's best you wait a few days. It's highly likely that you won't get it on the first day.

Back