What the Heck? Ooops.

Actually XBOX 1 doesn't, I know for a fact, I may have some "copies" of my XBOX games that work fine with a software mod. These are, of course, games I already own, the backups are in case something happens to the initial disks. The disks are written at normal disk reading direction. Also, I think that guy did mean to actually cross the wires inside the motor, not from the PSU, obviously running opposite wires from the PSU will wreck it, but I have done this before with motors, looking back. I wouldn't be surprised if XBOX 360 doesn't either, since there are modders there too.

Last edited:
csiguy4u said:
It might be worth mentioning that Wii games don't use CD's. . .those are sooo 1990's. Wii's use DVD's. And yes you could get a CD/DVD to run in reverse by switching the +/- leads to the drive motor.

Trying doing that with a writer, and tell me how that goes. You can rip Wii and GCN games from the discs, writing them again is another story.

I believe someone could just get the firmware and reverse engineer it. I don't think you have to go to such lengths as opening the drive up. Just that someone will eventually just find a way to program it. It'd most likely have to be low-level programming though (hardware level)

xbandaidx said:
I don't think you have to go to such lengths as opening the drive up. ...... It'd most likely have to be low-level programming though (hardware level)

You kind of contradicted yourself there budd.

Interesting. So is it possible to make a console where it is impossible to make backup copies of games? If so then why don't companies do it?

I think no matter how consoles do it, they will be cheated. If they have them download directly to the console, people will copy them, they use cartridges, people make hardware to copy and make their own, CD's, copy, DVD's, copy again. It's endless. If Hitler himself delivered the game to you and told you that if you distributed it to anyone else, he would start WW3, people would still do it.

FYI Kryptenx, shut up, make a point or leave. You show your ignorance by not proving me wrong. There's software development and hardware manufacturing, you can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
ftcmark said:
Actually XBOX 1 doesn't, I know for a fact, I may have some "copies" of my XBOX games that work fine with a software mod. These are, of course, games I already own, the backups are in case something happens to the initial disks. The disks are written at normal disk reading direction. Also, I think that guy did mean to actually cross the wires inside the motor, not from the PSU, obviously running opposite wires from the PSU will wreck it, but I have done this before with motors, looking back. I wouldn't be surprised if XBOX 360 doesn't either, since there are modders there too.

i also have a modded xbox (have for years) and im 100% it is backwords. the xbox ISO's can be written to DVD on a normal spinning DVD drive because the data in the ISO is backwords so the data is being written backwords even though it is spinning normaly. not sure if that made sense

Xbox games weren't written in reverse I thought, nor were ps2 games. Which is why they had loads of xbox/ps2 isos up on torrent trackers.

There were GCN isos up on torrents also, but to play ripped gcn games you had to actually get the lan adapter thingy and you had to mount the iso on your computer.

vagrant said:
Xbox games weren't written in reverse I thought, nor were ps2 games. Which is why they had loads of xbox/ps2 isos up on torrent trackers.

There were GCN isos up on torrents also, but to play ripped gcn games you had to actually get the lan adapter thingy and you had to mount the iso on your computer.
you can rip the xbox DVD onto the xbox itself and then FTP the contents over. if you write those contents without first making it an xbox ISO (the data is backwords) and just make it a normal ISO. it wont play.

CaliforniaBeachUSA said:
Eh so then maybe Wii users will do the same with that technique?

Not that I condone ripping off nintendo, but yes this most likely will be the method. I have no idea how that will work exactly though. There would be methods of homebrew via an SD card if it wasn't for the fact that wii games take up 4+ gb.

True. Has anyone been able to make backups with the SD card? I was told there is some sort of encryption and that each game transferred to the SD card can only be played back onto that same Wii it was downloaded from. Is that true?

Back