What're ya watchin'?

Hard to be nostalgic about something recent

Some Skate 3 glitch videos, it must be the DERPyest game of all time

[video=youtube;kXSaqyChZ_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSaqyChZ_E[/video]

AC:IV is certainly lookin' to be an improvement on AC:III's "shortcomings" (although I s'pose linearity of missions is definitely a legitimate shortcoming). But that ain't my main worry, I'm still very much concerned 'bout the return of broken multiplayer and glitchiness overall... If AC:III had so many problems, can one year's worth of development solve 'em? 'Specially since everythin' is new.

To me, the wors thing bout AC3 was that it was so dull all round.
-I mean in history books the events like the tea party sound very exciting, but in the game they were just flat and lame.
The characters were lame also. and boring...

So, worst AC game I've played, although very pretty.

But that's so off topic...

Been watching How I Met Your Mother. It is hilarious!

Good sir, our opinions on AC:III do not run parallel in any way.

Good sir, our opinions on AC:III do not run parallel in any way.

I did love Red Dead, and I love westers, and American history too. So it was quite strange that I could not fall in love with AC3. I quess the world in AC3 just lacked the ambience of a real frontier.

[video=youtube;rxwJLxk4I-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rxwJLxk4I-s&t=2021[/video]

OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH

I did love Red Dead, and I love westers, and American history too. So it was quite strange that I could not fall in love with AC3. I quess the world in AC3 just lacked the ambience of a real frontier.

Can't agree with that either. I quite liked the Eastern frontier (though I'm certainly biased, since I myself am from the ol' pine forests of the East) and how completely different travelin' about the wilderness was from anythin' in past AC games. I felt the towns and such locations were well-put together as well. If there's somethin' in AC:III I'd complain about, it definitely isn't the locations or their execution.

Though the lack of background music outside'a missions really did hurt the ambiance.

Can't agree with that either. I quite liked the Eastern frontier (though I'm certainly biased, since I myself am from the ol' pine forests of the East) and how completely different travelin' about the wilderness was from anythin' in past AC games. I felt the towns and such locations were well-put together as well. If there's somethin' in AC:III I'd complain about, it definitely isn't the locations or their execution.

Though the lack of background music outside'a missions really did hurt the ambiance.

what abou the gambling??? a bit lame, eh!?!

Not in the slightest. What other mainstream game has Mills available as a minigame?

SumMEHslam

A INFERNO MATCH WITH A PIN FALL WIN!!

Not in the slightest. What other mainstream game has Mills available as a minigame?

You really are a fanboy...

When I saw the gambling dens appear on the map, I though; Roulette! Poker! Blackjack!
-But when i stepped into the den, it was just surly blokes playing the dullest ever boardgames. Argh! WTF?!?!? Did I step in on the Oklahoma Nerd Convention?!?

You really are a fanboy...

Yes, of gambling. Hence my excitement towards Mills findin' it's way into a mainstream game (on that note, Fanorana as well). If I was a fanboy of Assassin's Creed, I wouldn't be so vocally displeased with Ubisoft givin' us a completely unfinished game.

Most forms of gambling wouldn't be found in Colonial America, 'cept amongst the wealthy who can afford things like game tables. You play gambling with average Joes and people who live off'a it in taverns, not those of royal blood and the rich. Furthermore, IIRC those card games were only just barely invented in the 17th-18th century in other countries. It's historically inaccurate to find 'em played in the Americas. Google tells me Roulette was invented even later. On that note, I don't actually know if Fanorona was played at all in Colonial America (perhaps slaves brought it over?), but either way it's better than seein' Poker or Blackjack again, gambling games you find in every damn M-rated sandbox vidya gaem these days. You may not enjoy a good board game, but I sure as **** do. Though, the computer is a cheatin' sunovabitch on expert.

Can ya really not appreciate if a game would include other older games like Go or Mah Jongg over forms of now-common gambling? Or at the very least, be understanding of it if the games are accurate for the video game's setting? You said ya were a fan of RDR. Didn't ya enjoy Liar's Dice because it was somethin' new to ya?

Back