Whats with all the hype about Wii Silicone Skins

challengeme

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2007
Theres soooo many people who are buying silicone skins for the controller, and I even saw some for the actual game console.

Is it for ergonomical use or just for style. I'm just wondering.

its just for a the style, makes the wii look cool even more sexier ;) .

~Rival

I bought some a long time ago cuz I have sweaty palms. It actually helps me in keeping my controllers clean. Plus its kinda stylish too. All 4 controllers with different colors. It kinda looks cool.

yes i too suffer from clammy hand syndrome so i bought the skins and i love them!

however, becareful when removing them to change the batteries especially the girls. i accidently ripped one because i have long nails WHOOPS! luckily, they are relatively inexpensive enough to buy more :)

Actually theres been a lot of cool things to get for the wii...I found this deal on a deal site of wii accessories for 60% off.

Link

use the coupon: wii60off

to get 60% off your items, plus free shipping.

nah i never drop or let the wii remote slip. my hands dont get sweaty.

I use mine so when you lay your controll down you don't pick up 1 or 2 before you pick up yours. I bought 3 different colors

I don't like them. My friend got one, so I'm not just guessing this. It completely hides the + and - buttons, along with the home button, and the 1 and 2 button are pretty deep down, too. If you're playing a game that requires quick access to those buttons...it sucks.

I'm sorry but they look like condoms....really rubbery thick condoms....sick I know but thats what I see when I look at em and I can't imagine myself putting it on and taking it off everytime my Wiimote needs a battery change. Its just TOO strange...lol.

If they are like the rubberized Ipod Skins I would stay away from them. The Ipod ones trapped hair and dust between the skin and Ipod causing the Ipod to not work properly. They also scratched many Ipods. There are some nice battery covers that have a rubberized back that work well for sweaty palms I picked up a pack of 2 for like $5 at circuit city. I think Nyco (spelling) makes them

wiisports said:
Actually theres been a lot of cool things to get for the wii...I found this deal on a deal site of wii accessories for 60% off.

Link

use the coupon: wii60off

to get 60% off your items, plus free shipping.

Thanks alot im gonna get a console skin to see how it looks
:thumbsup:

I love my remote skins. At first I wasn't that impressed and didn't really feel a difference, but the next time I had to take one off to replace batteries I tried it without it and I really noticed it then. Plus I was bowling one time and slammed the remote into a glass of coke and it went flying but the glass didn't get broke and everything was fine. I am not so sure the glass wouldn't have broke if the cover hadn't have been on there, so I'm glad it was.

The different colors also make it easy to pick up the remote that you want, as someone already pointed out.

Love 'em! Want more too. After a while some GOOD recharge batteries will come out and then it won't be so much on and off with the cover anyway.

After holding the Wiimote for an hour or 2 my palms would get sweaty. Also, even though the LEDs tell you, it is somewhat easier to distinguish player 1-4.

Back