Where wii are from

Ronan

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
THis is where you can say where you are from and what it is like there.

Im from Glasgow, Scotland which is a really dreary, rainy depressing place (its not just the weather either, its everything) although up north its the most beautiful place in the world in the summer. In glasgow though if you have some good friends its actually allright. (especcially if you support Celtic fc ! :yesnod: )

BTW, sorry about the wii pun in the title :blush2:

Theres a thred about this some ware

Nice thread.

I live in Atascadero, California and it is really a nice area. The sun is always out and the weather is usually just right. It is a pretty small town and there are rolling hills everywhere. We have no big stores such as Walmart or Bestbuy or anything so it can sometimes be a pain if you need something. Very curvy roads. If you like to drive like I do then there are little road courses all over the place to find. Atascadero is maybe 10-15 minutes away from Paso Robles. A lot of the Paso area was shown in the movie Sideways. It is wine country. It is also roughly a 20 minute drive to the coast and to highway 1 which snakes up and down the California coast and was voted one of the top most scenic roads. (Can't remember thats for America or the world.) It is one hell of an amazing drive.

Well thats my home town. I like it. I wish I didn't have to drive all the way to Bakersfield to get to a dragstrip though.

Scream said:
Nice thread.

I live in Atascadero, California and it is really a nice area. The sun is always out and the weather is usually just right. It is a pretty small town and there are rolling hills everywhere. We have no big stores such as Walmart or Bestbuy or anything so it can sometimes be a pain if you need something. Very curvy roads. If you like to drive like I do then there are little road courses all over the place to find. Atascadero is maybe 10-15 minutes away from Paso Robles. A lot of the Paso area was shown in the movie Sideways. It is wine country. It is also roughly a 20 minute drive to the coast and to highway 1 which snakes up and down the California coast and was voted one of the top most scenic roads. (Can't remember thats for America or the world.) It is one hell of an amazing drive.

Well thats my home town. I like it. I wish I didn't have to drive all the way to Bakersfield to get to a dragstrip though.

Thats probably the exact opposite of what glasgow is. :lol:

ive been to portugal a couple of times....its quite good, better than spain.

Also, celtic won the european cup there in lisbon in 1967!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

MetroidZ said:
I live in UK. im Portuguese tho. :cool:
Hes one of them get im lads

Uk Manchester
Home of the big spikey thing

Vev-Robot said:
I live in Skellefteå, Sweden. It's pretty far north, it's as cold as death and it's pretty dark all the time. I hate it.

You wouldnt happen to know about henrik larsson would you, he is the king of kings!

I live in Missouri (United States). The area I'm in is full of farms and rednecks. It's not a fun place for a techie to be. I've traveled to almost every state in the US at least once (I only lack the northern part of New England, Washington (DC and the state), Oregon, and Hawaii.

***EDIT***
OH! Not to mention that here it's hotter than hell in the summer and then freezez over in the winter. Our summers are worse than parts of the southern US and according to my contacts in Alaska, the winters can be similar.

Perth, Western Australia :)

The most isolated capital in the world, I'm guessing outisders don't really know what to expect when they come here. It might be the most isolated but it has a massive urban sprawl, and it's gonna keep sprawling! (for those who dont know, urban sprawl means how far out the city stretches, so by massive urban sprawl I mean... go figure :p )

We've got a little bit of most parts of the world here, we have alot of Asian restraunts, a Swedish hotel, a gothic nightclub (and they play good music :D ) There's strong undercurrent of Italian culture (although it's slowly seeping out due to the influence of Asian cultures) and as being part Italian I suppose I feel somewhat connected to it...

We have a rail system that connects the main metropolis (where I live) to the rural parts of the state, which is good fun to travel on. Additionally there are numerous bus connecting even the most remote parts of WA which are nice.

Politically, theres a massive diversity of opinions, but there's a strong left-wing following here, as well as some underground political groups which are always up to something. But for the most part, no ones really too fussed, as we consider ourselves to be on the outlands of the international community, probably one of the safest countries to be in aswell at the moment (apart from that atrocious drive-by mosque shooting in the past week).

That's about all I have to say about Perth for now!

Cardiff, Wales.

Capital and largest city of Wales, and frequent location in the new Doctor Who series (despite being able to travel anywhere in space and time). The weather is rather unpredictable, although inclined toward rain. We've got quite a bit of history, and there's a castle in the middle of town. We're also home to Cardiff University (which I go to), plenty of clubs, and Spillers, which claims to be the oldest record shop in the world.

There's quite a diverse range of peoples here, particularly South Asian and Chinese. Cardiff's a student town as well, so politically this city tends to be rather left-wing.

Ronan said:
ive been to portugal a couple of times....its quite good, better than spain.

Also, celtic won the european cup there in lisbon in 1967!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
ofcourse its better than spain.

btw, how did u feel whenm celtic lost to FCPorto for the uefa cup a few years ago? ahhh good times. :ciappa: (then porto went on to win the champions league) :ciappa:

in glasgow the main thing is sectartionism between catholics and protestants
(im catholic). This all arisen when irish catholics came over from (guess where) ireland and there wasnt the best of welcomes from a lot of glaswegian protestants (most notably murders, and rapes)
This sectarionism still goes on, though only through the two football teams celtic and rangers where usually at games the rangers fans sing songs about their hatred for irish catholics and about killing them (did you know that rangers did not sign one catholic player until the late 70's?)
Of course this isnt all one sided, this is partly to blame for the ira attacks on innocent people (a lot of people whom were supporters of them and catholics!) but it has been pretty much borught on by the british government and people (did you know back until the 70's employers would ask for your school and if it was catholic you were almost definetely not getting the job)(also until recently most of the police force were protestants, nothing wrong with that but there were some pretty harsh beatings and brutality over the years)
But it is pretty much dead now but for some mindless idiots who think they have some 'cause' (im in favor of a whole ireland but fighting is obviously not the way)

Back