Which character are you best with?

... Er, I'm not really a skilled Olimar user. I just know how to handle most characters ably. The only characters I can play technically with are Toon (sort of), Wolf, and Meta.

Is any one good with Sonic? Every time I go to basic brawl on wi-fi I always beat Sonic even when they team up against me and they still could'nt beat me!:lol: Anyway....

His aerial moves, besides his hard to land B-air (due to a hard to use mid-air jump and predictable short hop) have no KO potential, F-air is very hard to land unless you "combo" into it, and you can't "combo" into it at KO-able percentages.

I disagree, Fox's U-air is quite capable of KOing and personally I don't think his F-air is that hard to land. It just takes practice. It's much better than his F-air in Melee, which I thought was totally useless due to his quickly falling before the move was even finished.

My best might be slowly shifting towards ZSS. Either that, or I'm about even between her and Pika. One tends to be more suitable for match-ups that would have left the other disadvantaged, so it's hard to tell.

Is any one good with Sonic? Every time I go to basic brawl on wi-fi I always beat Sonic even when they team up against me and they still could'nt beat me!:lol: Anyway....

I'm not bad with Sonic. I could use some work with him, but I'd say I could definitely put up a decent fight with him...especially moreso than the amateurs of Basic Brawl.

Last edited:
If anyone on wiichat does worse than those basic brawl n00bs, they need to gtfo, lol.

I disagree, Fox's U-air is quite capable of KOing and personally I don't think his F-air is that hard to land. It just takes practice. It's much better than his F-air in Melee, which I thought was totally useless due to his quickly falling before the move was even finished.

Ofcourse U-air is capable of KOing; only off the top of the screen though, and since it's both innacurate and harder to land than most aerials, it's not a reliable KO move.

And no, his F-air isn't hard to land, but landing it correctly can be a hassle, mainly because depending if he's standing or in mid-air, he only has a certain window to use it depending on where the opponent is, which can make it predictable and thus, innacurate.

Fox's melee F-air has it's uses, ya know. It's not a bad combo tool if you need to get in a weak hit and then say, do a (BARREL ROLL!) grab and continue a combo. It needs to be L-canceled to accomplish this, ofcourse, which no pro would ever have a problem with.

Fox's f-air can be easily DI out of, so yeah, not a really good move. oh and about the discussion of the star animals, Falco is the best out of all 3, hands down.

to stay on topic, my best chars are Marth and IC's. :)

Oh god. Not Ice Climbers... I hate ICs to death, I have trouble with them (nearly as much as Olimar w/o Meta).

... I havn't seen anyone say they mained ICs in awhile, huh... They aren't a very popular duo, are they?

yeah, not a lot of people use the Icies. I only picked them up, since the Marth-MK match up is really annoying in high level of play. I have it easier fighting MK with them, than with Marth.

but yeah, 0-death kills are teh smex~

i've got a friend that mains Sonic. in fact he goes exclusively for low teir characters. he'll play a game for a while but once teirs are released he goes exclusively for low teir, never bothering to look at anything else. Sonic is his best.

CK, this guy has a CF that makes you think Melee CF returned in Brawl. it's that EPIC

One time, I was Sonic, there were two other Sonics and one wolf, and while one Sonic was fighting Wolf, the other two were taunting him. Fun match!

How come when I leave, people begin posting?

But what happened to me? My main went from Wolf to Craptian Failcon. I'm still trying to get better. I think it's just where my Wolf is rusty. But then again, I'm still trying not to kill myself 2/3 times every fight. So there's where I need help.
I haven't played online in forever =P

I have always considered Ike my main but then there are situations when I can't beat someone with him and I bring my subs which are
*coming out of a box* Snake
*jumping out of the Wolfen* Wolf
*crashing down in his spaceship* Olimar
*just finished killing Motherbrain* Samus
And then there are my sub subs that I'm currently working on.

I hate that in FFA there is always those people that don't fight and choose Pit and stay in the edge so they could just taunt "The Fight Is On".

Back