Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

gingerkid said:
yeah i figured that. im not sure but how do u achieve smash attacks? that might use motion sensing which im okay with like a swing of the wiimote and boom smash attack.

That is very possible and likely probable. Not sure though. =p

I will try out the 4 types of controlers and then decide which is the best one for me, although I would do good with any of those.

I believe they all have the potential to be fantastic. But we won't know for sure until the controllers are in our hands and we're doing our best to whip each other.

i didn't really feel like reading through all fifteen pages of this discussion (just the first few), so if someone already came up with the following ideas (or if these concepts have already been confirmed by nintendo) i apologize as i did not mean to plagorize someone else's idea MOVING ON

i can honestly say that the way i envision the wii remote to be used for brawl, to be somewhat simple (based on the controls for melee) well for starters, you got the nunchuk's joy stick for control (i'm assuming brawl is retaining the 2D aspect of SSB), and with the joy stick you have A and B buttons back on the wii remote, which can be used in conjunction as they were before (ex. -> B for link was his boomerang attack). however, one thing that is notable missing from the transition between the GC to wii controller is the C stick. Still, i can see this easily remedied for C stick attacks in brawl by simply holding the C button down and then moving the joy stick on the nunchuk (you didn't move when you used the C stick in melee, so this is no hamper to your gameplay). O.K. so far we've covered basic A and B button attacks, and C stick (button) attacks, but what about jumping? well, i see this to be again no big worry for the wii controller. jumping could be executed simply by shaking the wii remote up and down, or maybe even easier by tapping down on the D-pad (whatever is easiest, i guess). and as people above mentioned, the smash attack could be handled from some unique movement of the wii remote for each character. (like for example, link's smash move would probably involve slashing the wii remote like a sword repeatedly and faster for more damage. or pikachu's would involve directing his volt tackle ball with the pointer of the wii remote into enemies.)

again, i apologize if these ideas have already been presented in this forum, or on any other site, i haven't really read around the internet of this topic except here, and what i did read here didn't include any specific detail to the exact controls of the wii remote (except on this page, and the firsr few pages of this thread. sorry, 15 pages is just too much to read, especially over the summer). so, if i offended anyone for accidentally stealing their ideas, i was unaware and i apologize. mods, you can delete this post if this is the case. and if this is totally original (or close to it) i hope you enjoy my ideas, and it never hurts to rep. thanks.

Last edited:
i dont even have a gc controller but i will proballly buy a classic but i will truy out the wiimote

if the controls were really like i described them, would anyone be more inclined to use them?

i would use the GC controller cuz i am used to playing SSBM, everything would get to complex for me lol =p

in response to JT.'s comment...

i know that, but a lot of people (myself included) are used to hitting a separate button to do so (like the C pad on n64, or X or Y on Gamecube) i know up is jump, but i've gotten used to hitting a separte button, as i'm sure a majority of players have, and if the D- pad on the wii remote is unused as to current, then why not make a simple push of the down direction (or any direction really) an alternate jump besides up on the control stick? that's how they've done it before, and it would really surprise me here if they didn't include and alternate jump button

ill probs use the gc pad or classic controller, classic controller has lots of easy access buttons

good new everyone! the smashbros website has just announced that you will be able to set your own controll configuration! you will also be able to save this configuration to your "name." im assuming they will still have default controlls for each of the 4 controll options.

Back