Which TV?

samt1

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
3808-6033-3392-6834
i like the first link, looks nicer and the same price, but im just guessing and looking at first appearance :)

My guess is no one here has a clue about either model and neither do I. Ask this question over on avforums.com It's British site and very friendly and knowledgeable. I visit there Wii section and also had help on a couple of purchases, mini dv cam and plasma advice.

Dude definitely get the top one. That looks sweet. And it looks like a good deal too from what I've seen on eBay and stores like Best Buy, Target, etc. Hopefully I can save up some money real soon to get it.

Thanks everyone, i must admit I was going for the Samsung but after looking at the Panasonic, got to go for that one!! Also 'sparc' thanks and will definitely post on the avforums website and see what they say.
Thanks again, will let you know when I have ordered it! oh bless Mr Credit Card!!! ha ha

to be honest i agree with sparc, in the fact that most people dont know whats going on...

people are saying the first one.....fine, but when they are saying the first one 'cos it looks nice', well so does the second one, and looks are only opinions anyway.

if you look at the specs, which are what actually matter here (unless you like the looks alot more and have a superficial view on this sort of thing...) you will see the samsung is actually the better tv. the panasonic has a contrast ratio of 1200:1, samsung has 5000:1. thats a big difference, you will see quite a difference in pictures that have dark areas of the screen, or just contrasting colours, which alot of games would have....

the samsung doesnt have an inbuilt digital tuner, so if you wanted to watch freeview for example, it would mean running a freeview box. (or if you had sky this wouldnt matter anyway)

i have an older version of the samsung, with the built in freeview, and i cannot complain against a single thing about it. i have also looked at the panasonic in stores with a variety of different sources, and there is nothing wrong with it.

both are good tvs, and at the same price its kind of up to you, and nobody else really.

as an aside i would probably aim to buy from amazon, as play have been shelling out a lot of grey import tvs...

anymore questions just shout

and for the record, i think the samsung looks nicer :p

In my opinion the Samsung is a better TV. Personally I do not think Panasonic makes a good television.

I used to work as a salesman in a Home Electronics store and I would definitely recommend the Samsung. Much better all round. Particularly 'cos of the contrast ratio. Makes a big difference when you're playing games. :thumbsup:

I prefer the look of the Second one...

If the Performance of those 2 are the same then Overall the 2nd one wins xD
Try to look for User Reviews xD

I have a 19" LCD Samsung as my computer monitor and I got it 3 years ago, and the thing still looks awesome. Samsung is a really good company.

I got a Sony 19" Monitor. If my PC was in my Room I'd connect everything to that LMAO! But sadly I can't :( It's downstairs

For plasmas you can't go wrong with Panasonic, I love my 42" 9uk series tv. Panny plasmas are highly recommended at avs and mine has a contrast rating of 10000:1. My wii arrives tomorrow, can't wait!

IMG_4368.jpg

definitely check out www.avsforum.com for which LCD to get

Back