Which TV?

gnahc79 said:
For plasmas you can't go wrong with Panasonic, I love my 42" 9uk series tv. Panny plasmas are highly recommended at avs and mine has a contrast rating of 10000:1. My wii arrives tomorrow, can't wait!

IMG_4368.jpg

definitely check out www.avsforum.com for which LCD to get
We get alot of customers that come in asking for Panasonic plasmas. Many of them have brought in internet printouts or magazine reviews that praise Panasonic up and down. I see ALOT of pixelation in their televisions. For a quality plasma you can't miss with a Samsung or Pioneer. LG has a couple models that look very niiice.

Jorge said:
We get alot of customers that come in asking for Panasonic plasmas. Many of them have brought in internet printouts or magazine reviews that praise Panasonic up and down. I see ALOT of pixelation in their televisions. For a quality plasma you can't miss with a Samsung or Pioneer. LG has a couple models that look very niiice.

To each their own :). I see better picture quality with pannys vs other displays with the proper display settings. None of the awful 'vivid' crap that most major retailers use for their displays, yikes.

I guess I don't see why people like it when there is obvious pixelation. Consumer Reports really doesn't matter nowadays when all TV's are primarily bought to the customers' preference.

Sorry for the tangent ppl :p.

IMO there's no pixelation....and I can't find a single credible opinion/review (not just some person) to support that there is obvious pixelation. Maybe my google skills suck.

Exactly how did you test for pixelation: which display & size, viewing distance, in what conditions, which components, cables, etc? For me cable SD through s-video/Tivo S2 is excellent, and DVD (Panasonic s27) through component is great as well. All from ~6' away. No cable HD comparison since I'm waiting for the Tivo S3 to drop in price :).

Anyways, it seems like you're set on your opinion...at least we can agree that the Wii is tons o' fun.

There isn't a stat I'm looking at that shows pixelation. I look at the TV while I'm at work and see it.

Thanks everyone for your replys, going to have to make my decision, I posted on avforums and only got one reply which was to tell me the links didn't work so I posted up the models numbers aswell but no replies, so bit dissapointed about that. Got a few weeks to decide so will just have to pick one. Will definitely look into the whole grey imports with Play.com as well

Thanks again!!

well maybe reading the posts that are helping answering your question..

people have moved off the two tvs you asked about and are going on about something you havent asked about.

i didnt write much of a detailed post, but it was more than enough to point out an answer for you..

Back