Who Won E3?

i think it was Sony then Microsoft then Nintendo
and you forgot a game that was annouced at Sony's conference it was like ModnationRacers or something
it looked pretty cool, build your own tracks and online racing. looked like a mario kart on sterioids.

but honestly, nintendo sucked. i mean they didnt announce anything other than Metroid (overrated) and a mario which looks exactly the same as the old one.
im not impressed.
Microsoft did well with MGS and that cool motion thing.
but i was really disappointed with nintendo. hope they do better in the future
:yikes:

Sony won.

Other than the Halo things and L4D2, Microsoft didn't have anything that really made me want a 360.

Nintendo only had 2 highlights: the EPIC looking Metroid Other M and a new Mario Galaxy. the rest of the time i was thinking 'does Nintendo even bother trying anymore?'

Sony had an EPIC FF13 teaser, a FF14 teaser, the new PSP and some EPIC PSP games, FF7 becoming a PSstore downloadable, God of War 3, and and a couple Epic looking new titles.

Hands down, Sony won E3

The only company that won is the one that you wanted to win. Personally I own a 360 and a wii and I wasn't too excited about anything for the 360. Project Natal looked cool, but it's not going to work as good as it seems. Nintendo on the other hand is getting all the hardcore games that everybody has wanted. I mean 2 new marios a new metroid, red steel 2, NMH 2, and Sin and Punishment 2.

Sony I didn't really care about, although I saw some videos of the PsP Go and it looks horrible. It looks more like a phone than a game system. They got it right with digital media, but none of the games will be very powerful and even though they think 16 gigs will be a lot to fill up, with movies and games it won't be much.

I don't know about "winning" but Sony interested me the most. Their motion controller + Eyetoy looks superior to Natal to me. How the hell are you going to implement Natal into games without any buttons? I seems to me like their biggest feature is their biggest limitation.

Uncharted 2 is absolutely fantastic, MAG's gameplay looks intense and unlike any scale gaming has seen before on a console.

Do I really have to say anything about God of War 3? It speaks for itself. Jaw dropping.

Modnationracers looks like a cool idea, and with all the custimazation I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

Gran Turismo >>>> Forza 3 IMO. Graphcis are stunning, realism is stunning, and the series has been great in the past gameplay wise so that should continue.

I'm interested in hearing about the new exclusive, "Agent" by Rockstar.

FF14 exclusive was big. Square Enix rarely disappoint.

Also interested in The Last Guardian. This was supposedly the game the BBC reporter was like spazing about. He said it's incredible and unmatched.

PSP was huge this conference, with PSP Go, and LBP, MGS, Motorstorm, and Gran Tourismo coming to it. Might re-buy one soon, but not positive.

As for Nintendo, I'm excited about New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Can't wait to play co-op with some buddies. New Metroid is intruiging, and looks great at this point.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = Must Buy. Other than that, not so sure.

For Microsoft, well, I already covered my opinions on Natal. It's amazing that they can create that Milo program, but I think this will be one of those features that the novelty wears off fast.

Splinter Cell looked great to me. Looks better than the last few at this point.

Really not a fan of Halo at all. ODST just isn't interesting to me.

MGS was a big announcement, but Solid Snake's saga is over, so not so sure how Raiden will be as main character. Kojima was interviewed and he's not enthusiastic about this game at all, so if his heart's not in it, it might be lackluster... Then again, it's Kojima and the man's a genius...

Not interested in Crackdown 2.

Left 4 Dead 2 will be huge. That's definitely a stellar title for the system. Also, Mass Effect was a great RPG, and with Bioware working on it, the 2nd should be awesome too.

Other than that, nothing doing for me for M$.

Multiplat- Modern Warfare 2!! MUST BUY.

Bottom Line: Sony interested me the most. The focused on what matters- games. No M$, I don't freakin care whether or not I can join facebook with my 360. And seriously, are gamers loners anymore?? What's the point of watching a movie online when friends are at different houses. That's so freakin dumb. Nintendo showed a few great games, but were a bit too off topic for my liking...

Sigh, /rant

Who gives a **** who won, seriously??? Since when did E3 become a contest to be judged by fanboys who have nothing better to do with there paltry lives then criticize the 3 greatest entertainment companies on the planet.

So criticizing those who criticize is better? No one here has posted anything negative, so by definition, all posts have been constructive criticism, and last I heard, constructive criticism was healthy. Competition is the backbone of capitalism, the very concept that allows more than one gaming giant to exist, thus giving you the pleasure of experiencing the video game world from three different angles. It's our right to criticize and, in actuality, is the reason our capitalistic country has thrived the way it has. Criticism does not equal fanboyism; it equals free expression of thought.

So criticizing those who criticize is better? No one here has posted anything negative, so by definition, all posts have been constructive criticism, and last I heard, constructive criticism was healthy. Competition is the backbone of capitalism, the very concept that allows more than one gaming giant to exist, thus giving you the pleasure of experiencing the video game world from three different angles. It's our right to criticize and, in actuality, is the reason our capitalistic country has thrived the way it has. Criticism does not equal fanboyism; it equals free expression of thought.

You missed the entire point and in true critic fashion focused on finding the fault within my statements. It is not your right to criticize anything, it is no more your right to continually find fault within the world then it is to walk up to someone and slap them in the head with fish. It is your right to express your opinion, but doing so does not entitle you to anything. Which brings us to my point, just be happy. It is an inherent belief of today's youth that they are entitled to all the greatness in the world, you are not. Earn it, those before you did and so should you.

As to how criticism has allowed capitalism to thrive, I'm sorry I don't see the connection. I was under the impression capitalism thrived thru free enterprise, collaboration, innovation and a sound infrastructure, perhaps I was wrong. According to your statement it thrives because individuals such as yourself spend their time finding fault with the world they live in. Ok, so if that is true let's think about this for a moment. Let's say their are 20 people in a room carving toothpicks, out of those 20, 1 is actually carving a toothpick the other 19 are criticizing the poor single souls every attempt, you are correct sir I see how under criticism production can increase, allowing for greater quantities of goods to be produced, in turn creating a consistent and even market flow which will allow for continuous growth and investment. Instead of 20 people producing twenty usable toothpicks in an hour, we now have one person producing the perfect toothpick based on the opinions of 19 critics, seriously how could a system like that not thrive. Yes I am taking it to extremes, but once again just trying to make a point. Don't get all bent either I know the point you are trying to make, there has to be opinions in order for innovation and creativity to flow, I get it, but say that, don't make a broad generalization. I probably shouldn't have made the comment about fanboys, but I did, life goes, who gives a ****, move on.

And yes there are negative statements in this post, read it again they are there.

I have no desire to argue the merits of your words over mine, I simply had one thing to say "who gives a ****" seriously. With all that is happening around us does it really matter who the biggest bad ass on the block is? Be happy we still have games, with the way things are going and the advent of liberal protective society in the years to come we may all be reduced once again to pong, by those who wish to save us from ourselves.

If any of you think I am overreacting or being the biggest ass in the world, sorry. All I wanted to say was "who gives a **** who won, we all still have great games to play so be happy and stop worrying about **** that just doesn't matter"

You missed the entire point and in true critic fashion focused on finding the fault within my statements. It is not your right to criticize anything, it is no more your right to continually find fault within the world then it is to walk up to someone and slap them in the head with fish. It is your right to express your opinion, but doing so does not entitle you to anything. Which brings us to my point, just be happy. It is an inherent belief of today's youth that they are entitled to all the greatness in the world, you are not. Earn it, those before you did and so should you.

As to how criticism has allowed capitalism to thrive, I'm sorry I don't see the connection. I was under the impression capitalism thrived thru free enterprise, collaboration, innovation and a sound infrastructure, perhaps I was wrong. According to your statement it thrives because individuals such as yourself spend their time finding fault with the world they live in. Ok, so if that is true let's think about this for a moment. Let's say their are 20 people in a room carving toothpicks, out of those 20, 1 is actually carving a toothpick the other 19 are criticizing the poor single souls every attempt, you are correct sir I see how under criticism production can increase, allowing for greater quantities of goods to be produced, in turn creating a consistent and even market flow which will allow for continuous growth and investment. Instead of 20 people producing twenty usable toothpicks in an hour, we now have one person producing the perfect toothpick based on the opinions of 19 critics, seriously how could a system like that not thrive. Yes I am taking it to extremes, but once again just trying to make a point. Don't get all bent either I know the point you are trying to make, there has to be opinions in order for innovation and creativity to flow, I get it, but say that, don't make a broad generalization. I probably shouldn't have made the comment about fanboys, but I did, life goes, who gives a ****, move on.

And yes there are negative statements in this post, read it again they are there.

I have no desire to argue the merits of your words over mine, I simply had one thing to say "who gives a ****" seriously. With all that is happening around us does it really matter who the biggest bad ass on the block is? Be happy we still have games, with the way things are going and the advent of liberal protective society in the years to come we may all be reduced once again to pong, by those who wish to save us from ourselves.

If any of you think I am overreacting or being the biggest ass in the world, sorry. All I wanted to say was "who gives a **** who won, we all still have great games to play so be happy and stop worrying about **** that just doesn't matter"

Don't forget that games are just for fun and talking about them are also fun. Just like sports are for fun but talking about who's team did better is also fun. Not trying to disrespect you or anybody but this is all just for fun.

This is as dumb as it gets.

E3 IS NOT AN AWARD SHOW! Watch the grammys or even some American Idol.

Back