why do people say ppl are born gay????

Well, there's no evidence even though people are studying into the 'gay gene'. I always come across this conversation on MSN because people love to challenge religion.

I ask you.

If a Christian says people are born gay and God created us equal. Does that make us all gay or straight?

Griever said:
Studies have found that it is possible that homosexuality could be do to a genetic defect in the chromosomes much like the one which causes people to be hermaphrodites (sp?). It's not been properly proven, though, and genes are only half of a person since the other half depends purely on how you are brought up. If you are brought up in an Islamic society, for example, you have a lot slimmer chance of being homosexual even if such a genetic defect does exist.

(And, yes, it is a defect. That's not to say that homosexuality is bad but homosexuality is definately not something which would be allowed by evolution alone. The reason it and other genetic defects are seen in humans is because we have the technology and population to overcome them and animals don't. Ever seen a homosexual, wild animal?)
ive seen lesbian domesticated rabbits

Griever said:
Studies have found that it is possible that homosexuality could be do to a genetic defect in the chromosomes much like the one which causes people to be hermaphrodites (sp?). It's not been properly proven, though, and genes are only half of a person since the other half depends purely on how you are brought up. If you are brought up in an Islamic society, for example, you have a lot slimmer chance of being homosexual even if such a genetic defect does exist.

(And, yes, it is a defect. That's not to say that homosexuality is bad but homosexuality is definately not something which would be allowed by evolution alone. The reason it and other genetic defects are seen in humans is because we have the technology and population to overcome them and animals don't. Ever seen a homosexual, wild animal?)

But you do know animals can be homosexual too?

Because there are some. Infact one male dog was humping my sister's male dog once, lol.

But my sis's dog is straight just to keep things straight here....

Last edited:
(lol lots of typos herein, im not gonna change them either)

animals rely on instint and senses to controll them, where as humans rely on rational. When an animal such as a male dog humps another male dog, its merely reacting on instinct rather than choice, in this the dog will probably hump your leg or a duck. I have seen both happen. There is a type of rat that was discovered that would hump ANYTHING.. why? because its instinct is telling it to hump. This cannot be linked to homosexuality because we are not creatures of BLIND instint. Some may say, men will hump just about anything with a hole... but I think thats going too far.

Furthermore, if you look at the bonobo chipmanzie, you would find some bizzar sexual patterns which, I dont want to get into detail here due to the age of possible audiences, but lets just say they opperate primarily off sexual pleasure. They use it on their kids, parents, to get food from another, to greet another... I have also seen them pee in their own mouth. What does this say? it says there is a organism that cannot have rational to act, but act on social expectations.

Which then brings us to the human being. Homosexuality is not something that you are born with. There is no dna gene that specifies someone as gay or not. Rather, it is a mixture of social upbringing, behavior patterns, identity, and chemical balance.

So you might see two little girls. As children, they are not aware of the sexual perspective. Thus we can say a childs innocence. So one little girl acts like a princess, more concerned with social interaction and coloring in books. Another little girl is more physical in nature, playing with a toy car and crashing it, not really interested in social interaction and emulation. These girls, one turned out to be straight, the other a lesbian. Imagine how their personalities are viewed in the public light? In each human being is the desire to fit in or purposefully not fit in. So society, the environment as you will, would push the "girly" girl more towards thinking straight as she grows, while the other "tom boy" kind of girl is pushed and guided in another direction. Children watch and emulate, so that girly girl might watch her mother more than her father, and the tomboy girl might watch her brothers or father more. When they get older, they want identity, a place..to say "who am i?" and society tends to heard them in that direction.

Its quite possible to have a culture that promotes masculinity in women and then have those masculine women still be straight. Reason? because its the environment they are in. Each organism has this safety feature that trys to help them adapt to their surrounding. I forget the scientific term. In the USA, in some other countries, it is much easier to find choices of homosexuality because part of the environment brings it to awareness of the individuals. It puts them in a place they feel comfortable in based on culture or their desire to go agaist culture. Identity is something humans are inevitably drawn too, and we choose those identitys.. conciously or subconciously based on environment and comfort within that environment.

Thus its safe to say homosexuality is a result of environment, identity and rational rather than instinct and birth.

Last edited:
ok here is the truth

Gay Men are women inside there bodies...which were widows and never had a husband/boyfriend

and Lesbians are men who are perverted inside womans bodies

ericlewis91 said:
Gay Men are women inside there bodies...which were widows and never had a husband/boyfriend

A lot of times it seems that way, but not always.

I know some feminine lesbians and masculine gays. Most I find are more of a mixture of the two rather than just one though(more than most straight people would be), but that's just who I know.

ericlewis91 said:

Your sick mate, im bi but ive had girlfriends, and heck, boyfriends aswell. Just because some men and women like one sex, or both, doesn't mean they are perverts and have never been out with anyone.
Think before you offend people, I don't think i can ever respect you now..
lee

lee.jarratt said:
Your sick mate, im bi but ive had girlfriends, and heck, boyfriends aswell. Just because some men and women like one sex, or both, doesn't mean they are perverts and have never been out with anyone.
Think before you offend people, I don't think i can ever respect you now..
lee

He just turned 13, don't take it to heart, lol.

En4Neo said:
He just turned 13, don't take it to heart, lol.

Yeh lol, i just get pissed when people say stuff like that. I am still a human being for gawds sake...
:lol:

Back