Christians

kissoff182

Comp Sci's Smurfette
Jan 11, 2007
Rohnert Park, CA
Wii Online Code
3101-2661-0950-9186
I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone. What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people). Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?" I have mixed feelings about abortion. I don't believe in LYKE OMGZ IT'S MAH BODY ILL DO WAT I WANT W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 But I also don't want irresponsible people to be parents. There's more to it than the Bible says, "blah blah blah."

Why do people feel the need to say, "Jesus loves you" or "God bless you?" Why do Christians feel like they need to "save me" from Hell, which may not even exist? Why do people tell me if I'm wrong about God existing I'm going to Hell? If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ. I just wish people wouldn't live their lives 100% by a fictional book.

All your foolish earthly religions are wrong.

so who cares.

anyone should have the right to abortion, otherwise it will lead to either stupid, neglectful parents or dodgy back alley "doctors" doing them illegally any way

kissoff182 said:
1.Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone.
2.What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people).
3.Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?"
1. I dont read much up on the deep christianity beleifs, but i would beleive that Gay relationships block the flow of souls given to human bodies... seems logical to me

2. Premarital sex, I see, as a sin under the pretences that a human sould could be carried out without a sanctified blessing (ie marriage)

3. read answer 1

Im catholic, basically the same thing, but im not too hardcore into it, but I do beleive

but my rebelious badboy side says that they made this rule sometime when the christian church became scared of the rises of other religions and banned gay marriage to keep population growth up and more followers joining the words of the lord.

1. What if you don't believe that humans have souls and that it's just a mammal with a brain and a heart? You love who you love. I believe your sexuality is a choice, but why should we punish people for a choice that doesn't hurt anyone (except in your point of view, himself/herself)?

2. Why do we have to be blessed to have sex? What if God doesn't exist? Really... WHAT IF? It's possible that he does, but it's also possible that he doesn't.

kissoff182 said:
If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ.
Ironic. Jesus was the Son of God in Christianity. He's a good person, but not the Son of God in Judiaism (sp?) and a prophet in Islam.

All in all, all three of these religions believes in the existence of a guy named Jesus. They just don't agree on who/what he was. Well that and following different books...

kissoff182 said:
1. What if you don't believe that humans have souls and that it's just a mammal with a brain and a heart? You love who you love. I believe your sexuality is a choice, but why should we punish people for a choice that doesn't hurt anyone (except in your point of view, himself/herself)?

2. Why do we have to be blessed to have sex? What if God doesn't exist? Really... WHAT IF? It's possible that he does, but it's also possible that he doesn't.
well if that is your beleif, good for you, you cant be punished by a church you dont follow

I should have been expecting this type of response from a Catholic. If there's one denomination of Christianity that isn't preachy, even if certain families are strict about the rules and practices, it's Catholicism.

Thank you. =) (Yes, I am being sincere; I think Catholics respect people's beliefs more than most denominations.)

Last edited:
kissoff182 said:
I should have been expecting this type of response from a Catholic. If there's one denomination of Christianity that isn't preachy, even if certain families are strict, it's Catholicism.

Thank you. =) (Yes, I am being sincere; I think Catholics respect people's beliefs more than most denominations.)
Evangelists are the worst. Evangelists scare me. *Hisses at Kent Hovind*

Would love to see Kent Hovind and Richard Dawkins in a slanging match. *Starts shouting, Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!*

if you want to know what i think about it then read the thread i made about it. its called "The Christian Religion." topics like this just help me in my faith. i say this because christians are bashed left and right and people stereotype us with the "christians" who go to gay parades and hold up signs that say "FAGS DIE AND GOD LAUGHS!" so it draws people away. to me its just satan using that to help drive people away. i can tell you that my life was extreamly screwed up before i became a dedicated christian (believed all my life but never really did anything with that belief). once i became a dedicated christian, my life changed DRAMASTICLY. now im not going to go into detail about it because it is very personal but for me, what has happened with my life after acceping Jesus as my Lord, is way more proof than i ever needed that He is real. also let me ask you this, what does it hurt that people believe? why do people who dont believe always have to bring it up? if you dont believe then thats your choice. a true christian wont try and force it on you. they will answer questions you might have but they wont just come up to you after getting an abortion and scream in your face "YOUR GOING TO HELL YOU SINNER!!" if something like that happenes, go to them and say "what does your God say about judging others?" it might shed some light on them because the Bible says that judging others is a sin in itself and all sin (except for blasphemy) is the same in Gods eyes.

Holy ****, the first thing I said was:

kissoff182 said:
I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

I'm not bashing you for being Christian. I'm not bashing you at all. I'm asking questions, very logical questions, that you can't answer... or just won't answer, such as why would you live in fear of an immortal being that humans invented?

Maybe God does exist, but the fact is that we created his image; we don't even know what he looks like and what he is like. Maybe someone thousands of years ago saw God, but, let me put it this way, have you ever heard of the game Telephone? The message nearly always is totally different by the end of the line of people. How do we know that God isn't a woman? How do we know God isn't a hermaphrodite? How do we know that adultery is actually a sin and that God doesn't actually condone it? For all we know, God, if he exists, looks like this:
southparkgod.jpg

No one knows because it was so ****ing long ago that God was supposedly discovered. If you want to believe that God exists and accept Jesus, fine. Live a good life, be a good person, but I find that living in fear of something is ridiculous. I'm nice to people, I wouldn't commit adultery, I wouldn't steal from someone, I wouldn't murder someone all because I have empathy, not because God told me how to live my life and that I will go to Hell if I don't follow his rules.

Last edited:
sorry if my post kinda angered you but topic like this just spark something inside of me. i cant really explaine how i know He exsists but the things ive felt after getting closer to him are just unexplainable. about 2 years ago i went with one of my frinds to something called Life Change and people who didnt believe at all in God also went and even they said they could feel the presence of something in that building. i cant change your mind to get you to believe because it is something that you have to accept if you want to. i cant prove He exsists and you cant prove he doesnt. again i say. what does it hurt that i believe and you dont?

EDIT: heh. i loved that episode of SP

Mitch, it doesn't hurt me if you believe in God and it doesn't hurt you that I don't believe in God. What bothers people is when Christians preach (not all Christians preach).

now are you stereotyping that to when christians preach and are screaming that your going to hell and they dont try to save you or what because a "true" christian will preach but if you tell them your not interested then they will stop and wont bug you. my closest friend is a hardcore atheiest. i can tell you right now that if i was like the stereotype, me and him would not be friends but ive shown him that the christians you hear about who are cursing people to hell are not "true" christians.

kissoff182 said:

Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone. What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people). Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?" I have mixed feelings about abortion. I don't believe in LYKE OMGZ IT'S MAH BODY ILL DO WAT I WANT W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 But I also don't want irresponsible people to be parents. There's more to it than the Bible says, "blah blah blah."

Why do people feel the need to say, "Jesus loves you" or "God bless you?" Why do Christians feel like they need to "save me" from Hell, which may not even exist? Why do people tell me if I'm wrong about God existing I'm going to Hell? If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ. I just wish people wouldn't live their lives 100% by a fictional book.

rule of thumb, never post anything thats more intellegent than the audience that reads it.

youre going to get a TON of misunderstandings. i for one understand your point exactly. i may be jewish BUT from a christian standpoint, i get what youre trying to say on how christians need constant reassurance of their faith in god. jews are the same way even though our bible is "different" so to speak.

like i said, i think this is one of those topics that fall under the category of "wrong place wrong time" even though i highly respect your opinion :)

Back