why do people say ppl are born gay????

this is in an insane topic, not saying gays are insane but topic of them anywhere you go anywhere you mention everyone is going to have different opinions and it probly wont take long for this thread to turn into complete ****. but in my opinion, most of the influence comes from genetics and genes and all that nonsense, then the rest comes from the enviroment. i think kids brought up by gay parents might be more likely to be gay themselves but that doesnt mean they are going to be.

I'm not gay but i do believe people are born gay because i think if you are influenced by your surroundings then that means i could just start to like men and i can't in a sexual way but i just think its to do when your born

right, my brother is gay so i asked him and this is the reply i got "how the heck am i supposed to know you b@$t@rd, just cost you are a homophobe (think thats how its spelled), you peice of $#!t

but im bi and i think i am cos, well i dont have a clue. . .

You guys should also find out why people have incest. Is it mental or how they were raised, or how they were raised that affected them mentally.

I study Genetic Engineering and it states that there is no DNA for homosexuality, although I do have my doubts. I personally think a child maybe born gay to some extent but is mainly influenced by the environment from a young age, resulting in homosexual behaviour later on in life. I am not gay and I have nothing against people who are gay, just to clear things up.

being Bi-sexual, i really dont know how it happened, but i stopped denying it about half a year ago.
lee

Studies have found that it is possible that homosexuality could be do to a genetic defect in the chromosomes much like the one which causes people to be hermaphrodites (sp?). It's not been properly proven, though, and genes are only half of a person since the other half depends purely on how you are brought up. If you are brought up in an Islamic society, for example, you have a lot slimmer chance of being homosexual even if such a genetic defect does exist.

(And, yes, it is a defect. That's not to say that homosexuality is bad but homosexuality is definately not something which would be allowed by evolution alone. The reason it and other genetic defects are seen in humans is because we have the technology and population to overcome them and animals don't. Ever seen a homosexual, wild animal?)

Last edited:
gay wild animals

nope not seen none of em anywhere exept

m. . . . actualy, i wont say that cos it sounds wrong coming from me

lee.jarratt said:
being Bi-sexual, i really dont know how it happened, but i stopped denying it about half a year ago.
lee

Did you like girls and then said you liked men

Or did you like men and then say you liked women too?

Either way I think your born it

Wii_Smurf said:
Did you like girls and then said you liked men

Or did you like men and then say you liked women too?

Either way I think your born it

Ive liked girls for years, a few years before men. But i like both sexes equally, probably leaning to girls. It's bizzare

Griever said:
If you are brought up in an Islamic society, for example, you have a lot slimmer chance of being homosexual even if such a genetic defect does exist.

It could be that there's an equal proportion of homosexuals in more conservative societies like the Middle East, only not as many people are willing to admit to it?

Homosexuality is actually illegal by Islamic law and in some states you can be killed for it... So it is less likely to actually develop even if it is in your genes.

It's like you can be more likely to be obese because of your genes but if you don't live in America it is less likely to happen than if you do live in America.

Haha.

xD

Back