Why stop at blue light? Check these babies out!

Sameiru said:
dude, in your way of thinking, whys stop at photoshop, go to uni/college and get a degree in electrical engineering so u can do it 4 real!
I could do that, and I'm in high school. Just know how to use a soldering iron :). And now that the subject comes up, as soon as my warantee is up, I think I'll do just that.

anyhoo, yeah, it'd be cool if you could do something like the Dell XPS lights, where you can change the light color from software, or make it cycle.

"Wiilon"

Razoola said:
Red is nice... That turns the Wii into a frakkin Cylon :)

First off, I am coining the term "Wiilon" Thats a cylon Wii.

But seriously, a red light that goes back and forth like a cylon.. OMG! That would be intense.

Does anyone know if the Wii light is even capable of that kind of moving lighting?

If not, can anyone think of a possible mod that could be used to get that effect?

Last edited:
it would be cool if you can do two different colors in the wii menu and be able to have it on all the time. The 2 colors would be cool because you can change it to your favorite sports team.

That would be cool. When my waranty runs out, I'll open her up and see if the light can be modded

NeMeZyZ said:
..hmm....there should be a way of replacing the bulb...gotta look into that

Vysetheblue said:
That would be cool. When my waranty runs out, I'll open her up and see if the light can be modded

first, replacing the 'bulb' is easy, open it up, take out the blue LEDs, replace them with whatever color you like (found at any electronic stores)

second, to see if it CAN be modded, yes it can, and if you search for it in or out of this forum you will find numerous people that have already done it

Different colors require more power. So it would have to be pretty close to the voltage of the blue LED to make it work well. If it requires a lower voltage it might burn it out, if it requires a higher voltage it be dim as all get out.

But this is also easily fixed with a simple resistor change. Which are usually found next to the LED's in stores.:ciappa:

Back