Wi-Fi Atmosphere

ScottAspen said:
These are ways I never looked at the online experience before... The defeated learn the most they say... or... something...

This is a bit of a side-question for this thread I guess, but Is there the potential to have more then one person playing on a console while online with others? My logic tells me NO, but my heart tells me... maybe?
how dare you invade my mind, that was my idea and it was patented!!!! i will see you in court sir.

I play at home and am pretty equal to my friends. i even play it with my little brother for fun and am planning on getting wifi for my Wii.
I struggle getting up to Giga bowser and can beat all events except 51 and that captian falcon one.
how do you think ill go?

You'd be in the casual section of gamers, so the chances that you'd be matched up with someone your level or lower would be very good.

I'm new to this SSBB game have never played any SSB before but can't wait for this game to come out, I know I'll get my a$$ kicked online but i hope with time I can get up there with the rest of u. ;)

P.S.
don't forget to add me.

~X

I, too, have been pondering this question. I think that it is safe to say that there will be more casual gamers than hardcore gamers, which could be loosely compared to more poor players than good players. It is impossible to get an exact ratio, however. I would *guess* something like 1:3 in terms of good:bad. That is, of course, all in my terms of 'good' and 'bad', however, and therefore has no meaning to anyone else.

...I'm just going to leave.

I'll hardly use the "With Anyone" option, since I'll be playing against all of you here, so if your all godd as you say you are, I'll but just fine with the online.

ScottAspen said:
That would be handy, although it might make the whole online experience a bit less relaxing and enjoyable, and maybe too competative? It all depends on the level of competitiveness your looking for I guess...

Why is competitive bad?

Why is everyone so worried about people be too competitive. Online will turn out to be a complete waste. With friends is the only thing that matters.

Because some people don't like competitive play?

Smash is different from other games in the sense that there are two ACCEPTABLE forms of play - Competetive and Casual. Few games have this distinction, because the 'casual' gamers are usually just referred to as noobs. However, in smash, they both have strong fanbases. While the competetive players may look down upon the casual players, they still manage to hold their own.

Smash is different. Smash is special.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Because some people don't like competitive play?

Smash is different from other games in the sense that there are two ACCEPTABLE forms of play - Competetive and Casual. Few games have this distinction, because the 'casual' gamers are usually just referred to as noobs. However, in smash, they both have strong fanbases. While the competetive players may look down upon the casual players, they still manage to hold their own.

Smash is different. Smash is special.

Very true. Now these casual gamers will hop online, due to a lacking of an online ranking system, people with throwing together randomly. These casual gamers will get smashed, and the veteran players will experience a dull match.

Vedelkin10 said:
Well that's the great thing about playing against pros, You can learn from them and try and do better, next time you go up against a pro, You gotta keep on striving to get better and eventually you will-
For me i don't comprehend that i need to get better, like i play someone good in some game, get killed and i dont walk away and say i coulda done this. i am just really mad. idk why i mean i just dont think about it haha.

Mingus said:
Very true. Now these casual gamers will hop online, due to a lacking of an online ranking system, people with throwing together randomly. These casual gamers will get smashed, and the veteran players will experience a dull match.
Yes, it will be interesting to see which play style becomes dominant in years to come.

I live in Troy, by the way.

1. Ranks cause people to cheat
2. Nintendo is a noob at online, and will not offer a severe enough punishment for cheating.
3. Brawl online is ruined within a few months.

Back