Wifi-Max

Wilo

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Well I think I probably just blew it. I bought this thing thinking it would solve my problems hooking up my Wii to the internet. I set it up just as told, Wii seems to recognize it but during the test I still get the same error code 51330. Any one else know if the Wifi-Max actually works? Is it my Wii? I'm starting to lose hope. Every time I call customer service I get a recording saying there are no representives available. Any imput would be great. Thanks,
Wilo:

WiFi Max sucks, my buddy had it and had nothing but problems with it. You should look into getting a Linksys, it may be expensive but it works wonderfully.

So you are getting the same error message as with another connection method? This would seem to indicate a problem with your Wii. Have you checked online to see what the error code is?

I would try to set it up with a Static IP, and then ping it using a laptop or PC. To ping it go select start, run, type in cmd, when the black box appears, type the word ping, then a space, then the static IP you gave your Wii. This will tell you if it's on you LAN, If you can see it on your LAN, it's more likely a set up issue.
reisterednerd, would you agree?

Yes, I would agree. I would note, however, that if you are using Windows prior to 2000 (98 or ME), you would type in "command" rather than "cmd"

***EDIT***
Oh, also you should probably know what to look for (those of us who know about the ping command use it about every other day and forget that some people don't even know it exists)

What you want to see is something along the lines of this:

Command Prompt said:
C:\DOCUME~1\*****>ping 192.168.1.105

Pinging 192.168.1.105 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.105: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.105:
Packets: Sent = 4, recieved = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)
If you get

Destination host unreachable

or

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

that would indicate that there may be a problem with the setup somewhere in the mix.

I'm not that old school when it comes to windows prior to 2K. I happen to love XP.

That's what I was trying to get to. Glad to see you spelled it out for those who don't know. You're right, I do take it for grated sometimes.
I also think Nintendo did the same, to some degree.
I can say, they have some very well layed out directions that I have come across.
I just found this site, and it seems that everyone is having a similar issue. I'm just trying to help a few lost wii's find there were to the WWW.

Last edited:
I had the same Error Code...It's a DNS issue. There's a drop somewhere in your line. The WiFi IS reaching it, but it cannot access a DNS server.

Once again like I say to everybody. Make sure your router has b/g enabled not just G wireless frequency. I'll post if later if that's not the issue =P

Try this,
Use the same numbers that you used for your Default Gateway for both of your DNS Servers instead of using your ISP's numbers. These should all end in the number 1.

I am on a college LAN and tried setting up a router 2 days ago. Didn't have much luck, so I stopped by bestbuy Wednesday. I picked up a Wifi max and after a couple of initial hiccups (channel being wrong) it started to work. Cheaper and easier than setting up a router in my case. I would have probably gone with the official Nintendo one, but this one works and it is available now.

i got a WiFi MAX yesterday

IT IS UTTER CRAP. Just get the official one, thats what i am having to do now

Have people been having much success with the official Nintendo USB WI-FI device. I'm thinking of buying one and i want to be sure that it will work for me.

Jenksie said:
Have people been having much success with the official Nintendo USB WI-FI device. I'm thinking of buying one and i want to be sure that it will work for me.
My cousin uses one, he and I have both connected DS'es and Wii's no problem. The only issue is that the range is terrible (about 30 feet for him)

I got an error code when I tried to set the wii up using my wireless network. So I just used someone else's wifi connection and it worked. I'm sure I just need to reset my wifi settings on my router...but I'm too lazy. so I'll just continue to use my neighbor's connection.

Back