WiFi Range

RichardC01

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
UK
Wii Online Code
1066-4321-0519-7062
Quick question folks,

Is the Wii able to pick up on smaller Wifi signals. I'm currently using the Nintendo USB Connector however, when playing in my room, most likely where my Wii will be, I get a 2 bar signal strength on my DS. Is this likely to be the same on the Wii or is there chance I'll get the full 3 bar strength?

RichardC01 said:
Quick question folks,

Is the Wii able to pick up on smaller Wifi signals. I'm currently using the Nintendo USB Connector however, when playing in my room, most likely where my Wii will be, I get a 2 bar signal strength on my DS. Is this likely to be the same on the Wii or is there chance I'll get the full 3 bar strength?

It depends on the access point. Wireless routers in general don't have a very long distance, unless you use a router that allows for extended range. It could be perhaps because you are in a basement or just somewhere there is a lot of lead above you weakening the signal. You can buy signal amplifiers antennas for most routers.

itll probally be better.

in my room i only get one signal with my ds.

and with my wii i get 3 signals. so i just pick the strongest. haha

and the good thing about wii is tht it can be like 9 feet away from the tv closer to the signal. hahaha.

Back