Wii 2 Worth it or not?

rangers

Elite Ranger
Mar 13, 2011
california
Wii Online Code
3127-2252-9270-0000
According to Nintendo the new wii is going to be as powerful or more powerful than the 360 and ps3. And if this is true im going to get it because we are going to have a system worth buying due to yhe fact that its going to have all the features that the ps3 has. And if this is true im going to buy this system

it might be hi def but don't count on it being better than x box or ps3. When was the last time Nintendo put out a console more powerful than the competition? super Nintendo maybe? They simply don't care to be better in the features or power category. Its all about innovation. Like the Wii remotes when they first came out.

How do we know until it comes out?
A powerful console is pointless without games to back it up

How do we know until it comes out?
A powerful console is pointless without games to back it up

yea its true like the wii graphics are not as good but the games and the motion sensor were the ones that made it be the competitor that it is now. but i dont care much about graphics all i care about is that its playable and i have fun while playing.

After the SNES, there was the Nintendo 64. Despite it's use of the dated cartrage design, it was was a TRUE 64 bit unit whereas it's competiors Sony Platstation and Sega Saturn were 32 Bit processiors (the then absent Atari Gaguar was clamed 64 bits, but was a 32 bit prosessior with extra bits that somehow added up to 64). So therefore N64 had better graphics and speed than it's two competiors, but had hardwere issues and lacked in some software support.

Then there was the Gamecube, which was 128 bits just like PS2 and the Mircosoft X-Box, but slightly more powerfull than PS2 and closer to the 'Box, It's problem was more lack of hardcore software support due to it's kiddish approach (though that waz bad, try the Wii), and lack of online play which was booming at the time on PS2 and the X-box, which more ppl were going for (along with hardcore titles that Ninty didn't have as much of on the cube).

After that, Ninty decided to go back to "grahpic aren't anything, gameplay is" with the Wii. Which Pissed off more softwere developers at first because of it's use of the now outdated 128 bit processior in a booming HD market, but won some of them over in terms of the Wiis product creativity and higher sales profits; which Nintendo has been wanting for years.

yea but im still not sure on wether to buy the new wii because if it still has certain problems that the old wii had like to add allies you needed to have their code, not having all the attention that the ps3 and xbox 360 had then im just going to get the ps3. But i really like what nintendo offers which is creativity and fun gameplay, which is different than the 360 and ps3

it might be hi def but don't count on it being better than x box or ps3. When was the last time Nintendo put out a console more powerful than the competition? super Nintendo maybe? They simply don't care to be better in the features or power category. Its all about innovation. Like the Wii remotes when they first came out.

Gamecube beat ps2, so only last gen. There is no real specs for this wii2 yet only rumors, how can it be worth it if there is no "it" meaning price point. Well an Hd wii seems like it could have nice possibilities but, apparently launch games suck so you'll have to wait seemingly months after that toy is released.

well not yet it doesnt. but im not getting excited about the console until i see what it actually offers when it comes out

According to the leaked specs Project Cafe/Wii 2 could potentially be a lot more powerful than the 360 or PS3, but it depends what versions of the hardware they actually use. The processor is supposed to be a 3 core PowerPC, similar to the Xbox 360's but with a faster clock speed. The GPU is based on AMD R700 architecture, which at the top level could exceed the PS3's GPU by about 4 times and even the lowest model would probably have twice the performance of the 360's GPU.

I wouldn't expect the games to look much different than current 360/PS3 games though (at least in screenshots), the only difference likely being a better framerate (hoping for 60fps as opposed to the 360/PS3 standard of 30fps) and displaying at 1080p (some games on 360/PS3 go as low as 540p, such as RDR). That would make the games feel much smoother even if they didn't look drastically different. They could also have improved lighting and effects but I doubt it'd be too noticeable to most people. 3rd party games will look pretty much the same on all the platforms (I'm pretty sure that Ubisoft is planning to port everything from the 360) but Nintendo's own games may be able to do a bit more than what we've seen on the other consoles.

Expect the online capabilities to be far improved over the Wii. The 3DS has already shown that Nintendo knows it was a weak area and the new handheld has much better connectivity (such as the Streetpass and Spotpass functionality); so I think that they'll try improving on it further (I'm betting that friend codes will either be abandoned or made to be system only rather than for each game).

So is Nintendo's new console going to be worth buying? If the hardware matches those expectations and it hits at the expected $300-$400 price point then I would say that it's a definite yes. The reasoning behind that is that neither Sony or MS will be able to produce a console that is much superior to 'Wii 2' within 2 years without it costing around $600-$700 and it's also a much harder sell as they already have 'HD' consoles on sale, unlike Nintendo.

I think that Sony and MS tried going too high with this gens hardware by making it too expensive initially and tried to counteract that by doubling the consoles lifespan (Sony in particular said that the PS3 was a 10 year plan). Nintendo stuck with the regular 5 year plan and it looks like working out much better in terms of affordable technology.

I guess we'll find out at E3 though.

Back