Wii and PS3 sales neck and neck in Australia

Happy said:
Whats up with your rep.. its grey :S

Anyway those are sales worldwide not Aussie.

he didnt bother reading the post at all, im sure he feels very smart by now.

I think the best part about the wii is its the same price as the original NES when it first came out. 250$ buckeroos. Considering the fact money value has gone up, that price is easily affordable and easily purchased. Ill be honest with you though, if nintendo put in a better cpu and graphics chip, I would gladly pay for it. Right its graphical and cpu capabilities are last gen and it loses its potential. Fun system but the next wave of consoles will all have motion sensing and most likely the best gaming capaibilities, an opportunity lost for nintendo in my opinion.

Its not suprising the PS3 will do well in some places, its a great system with lots of potential. I am just ashamed its the UK and Aussies buying more PS3s than wiis. America and canada seem to favor the cheaper more. Either way, a good gamer would own both systems.

Shiftfallout said:
he didnt bother reading the post at all, im sure he feels very smart by now.

I think the best part about the wii is its the same price as the original NES when it first came out. 250$ buckeroos. Considering the fact money value has gone up, that price is easily affordable and easily purchased. Ill be honest with you though, if nintendo put in a better cpu and graphics chip, I would gladly pay for it. Right its graphical and cpu capabilities are last gen and it loses its potential. Fun system but the next wave of consoles will all have motion sensing and most likely the best gaming capaibilities, an opportunity lost for nintendo in my opinion.

Its not suprising the PS3 will do well in some places, its a great system with lots of potential. I am just ashamed its the UK and Aussies buying more PS3s than wiis. America and canada seem to favor the cheaper more. Either way, a good gamer would own both systems.

Ive always had a theory that us Brits(Plus Austraila as it is a British colony to some excent) didn't realise the value of items as much as Americans. This isnt supposed to be offensive but ive always felt Americans where a bit tight with there money, yet most of my mates(like 20) were all 16-17 don't consider the Ps3 pricey, and are all planning to get one from just our pocket money we save, ive saved up £310 so far, think my parent gonna gimme my £800 from my communion also(Im a catholic) what im saying is it seems as if the price of the Ps3 in the Uk isn't as big of a problem as it is in America, i always thought America was a wealthier country, but it possibly isnt, Uk has free health care, this may be why we can afford to spend money on more materialistic objects. Also in Dollors we pay like $850 for a Ps3, compared to America's $599, and our Ps3 don't have backwards capacitys although ive heard a lot of this has been fixed in firm-ware updates. Were paying more for a worse put together console, yet americans are complaining, i just cant understand that lol.

---Brian--- said:
Ive always had a theory that us Brits(Plus Austraila as it is a British colony to some excent) didn't realise the value of items as much as Americans. This isnt supposed to be offensive but ive always felt Americans where a bit tight with there money, yet most of my mates(like 20) were all 16-17 don't consider the Ps3 pricey, and are all planning to get one from just our pocket money we save, ive saved up £310 so far, think my parent gonna gimme my £800 from my communion also(Im a catholic) what im saying is it seems as if the price of the Ps3 in the Uk isn't as big of a problem as it is in America, i always thought America was a wealthier country, but it possibly isnt, Uk has free health care, this may be why we can afford to spend money on more materialistic objects. Also in Dollors we pay like $850 for a Ps3, compared to America's $599, and our Ps3 don't have backwards capacitys although ive heard a lot of this has been fixed in firm-ware updates. Were paying more for a worse put together console, yet americans are complaining, i just cant understand that lol.

I couldnt agree with you more. I am a proud american, but i am not blind to the ways of popular culture. Theres a lot of complaining that is going on with our country, we are split with what we feel is right and wrong. We are a wealhty nation, yet the problem is, we expect EVERYTHING to be given to us. That is the problem, I love my country and I know every nation has its issues, humans are not perfect, but to some extent these people are rediculous. Personally I blame it on how parents are raising their children, but hey thats just me. The USA is a great country to achieve your dreams, ONLY if you have the desire and willpower to do so. Right now we have a lot of people that expect everything to be made easy for them... the USA was not made off of easy, it was made off of hard work, deaths, and the drive for freedom. Right now we are in a state of denial, and its not just the USA, but many countries. The world is changing, and its not for the better. The USA is a great place, but you noticed one of our flaws, and I will not deny it. Every nation is flawed, and being on top has made many of our citizens cocky.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
The USA is a great country to achieve your dreams, ONLY if you have the desire and willpower to do so.
Also helps if you're white, male, heterosexual etc...

While America is a powerful country, it's not as "free" as many believe. I also believe propogating doctorine of the US has lead to many of it's citizens being arrogant (which is where the UK government got this whole teaching "Britishness" to our children, idea from). That's not to say that people from the UK cannot be arrogant, just that it seems to be more prevailent in the US. UK people complain a lot about tonnes of things in our society, and try to demand change. The US is a little different from what I see.

Also, I don't understand this idea that money is healthy. Money is a means to and ends. It's a development from bartering so that everything has a set value (though changable through time and to a certain extent location). It is however not healthy to be trying your best to hog wealth. The only way to gain wealth is to take it from others, whether they willingly accept a price or whether they are robbed. There is only a finite amount of money in the world, and only a finite amount of resources. Since resources are reliant on money, shouldn't it be a case of take what you need and live, rather than to keep taking, knowing that you'll never need all of it (to some super rich people).

...In the end, the agenda of money will be mankind's downfall. "Money is the root of all evil". Not too far off...

I'm going to take the high ground and say, Australia gets screwed over for game and console releases. They are one of the few countries that pay the most for games. Despite this they pull in very good revenue for the game industry.

re

---Brian--- said:

americans are broke. Thats why so many people have credit cards and auto loans. Nobody knows how to save up money and purchase items. The average american saves -2% a year. Yes you read that right. The average american goes in debt 2% more every single year. Everybody tries to find the easy ticket to everything. Nobody can wait for anything. Its why "Get rich quick schemes" and "diet pills" sell like hotcakes. People need to stop living in a fairy tale and take action for what they want. I can talk about this topic all night. Dont get me started.

Go to college. My sister has a 100k degree. My CA degree was 26k. The CA degree now costs 65k and it's only been 5 years! How much in 10 years? 150k? Tip of the ice berg. The Titanic? Why that would be the USA.

Back