Wii Backwards Compatibility

dodgymanc

PM ME TO SWAP STARS
Jun 15, 2007
Manchester, England
This thread I guess is just to say congratulations to Nintendo for making a fully backwards compatible seventh generation console. Unlike the XB360 (which has only 295 compatible titles, and many run with lower framerates and/or gameplay/sound glitches) and the PS3 (which has to provide constant firmware updates to tackle backwards compatibility issues on some of the PS2's biggest selling titles such as Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and Grand Turismo 4), Nintendo have managed the whole thing perfectly right from day one.

I work at Blockbuster (yes - I'm living the dream!) and I've noticed a large increase in GameCube game sales since the Wii came out, which must be partly down to the flawless backwards compatibility of the Wii. With the Virtual Console taking off more and more, the Wii could be seen as eight consoles in one. The ability to also play NES, SNES, N64, Mega Drive, TurboGrafx-16, MSX, and Neo Geo games on one console is astounding...

So well done Nintendo I guess is the main theme of this post :yesnod:

yeah!!! hooray for Nintendo, and I congratulate you for making this thread and supporting Nintendo, sir!! well done!! you get rep good sir

Nintendo have always been good at this.

See Nintendo Gameboy Advanced and Nintendo DS (although it can only play advanced game carts. and not the bigger ones... but it's still good.)

the_flood502 said:
Nintendo have always been good at this.

See Nintendo Gameboy Advanced and Nintendo DS (although it can only play advanced game carts. and not the bigger ones... but it's still good.)

don't you get bored of buying the same games over and over? the xbox ones I mean, they 're practically the same fps, how boring

My brother is well pissed off because he got Zelda: Twighlight Princess at Christmas for the GameCube as he'd given up hope of ever getting a Wii as they are golddust.

And then last week one comes in where I work, and now he wishes he could put the GameCube version into the Wii and make use of the Wiimote. But no :(

dodgymanc said:
My brother is well pissed off because he got Zelda: Twighlight Princess at Christmas for the GameCube as he'd given up hope of ever getting a Wii as they are golddust.

And then last week one comes in where I work, and now he wishes he could put the GameCube version into the Wii and make use of the Wiimote. But no :(

yeah bummer..you should just buy the Wii version, it's a lot better than the GC one in my opinion

Tomalticoptl said:
don't you get bored of buying the same games over and over? the xbox ones I mean, they 're practically the same fps, how boring

=S viva pinata is not FPS...

also i got my Xbox 360 a month ago... i haven't gotten around to buying many games.../

---

How out of topic.

well I have a thing against the Xbox what can I say..you continued the out of topic conversation, so don't complained

Just to go further off topic...

It's not quite backwards compatibility but I loved the way you could plug in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 or 3 into the top of the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge :)

I wouldn't know about that..are you talking about the Sega Genesis?

Yeah, sorry.

One annoying thing about playing GC games on my Wii is that obviously the GameCube controllers are wired (I never got a Wavebird :( ) so I had to move my Wii into the middle of my room so the cord would reach!

you can find wavebirds in stores like Game Stop and EB games, of course they are used, but hey they are cheap

Back