Wii... Boring?

Squall7 said:
I wouldn't say that joystiq readers are representative of everyone whom has bought a Wii...
The title to that link reads "Famitsu publisher says 67% of Wii owners aren't playing", a Japanese publisher that Joystiq was reporting there results. I agree there is a a lot of bias opinions out there, but when you look at the weekly sales results ratio (Number of consoles verses the number of game sales) it becomes very clear just how many people probably bought the Wii due to various reasons, however the game sale trend is still low in comparison to that of the 360.

Squall7 said:
Regardless, it's still getting more variety of games than 360 and PS3. Think of their target demographs...
Yes, I totally agree. The Wii encapsulates a broader audience of casual and hardcore gamers to some degree, attempting to stay loyal to it's GameCube fans while still trying to address it's new casual gamer category. Nintendo by all means has a larger order to fill without question.

Squall7 said:
I would like some evidence of that please. We are talking fractional as like 1/3 or less right? Not just "below the 1:1 mark"...
Sure...

If we use VGchartz.com's data as our source alone we will find they report sales results of 8,015,993 (8.02M) for the Xbox 360 and 5,591,349 (5.59M) for the Wii in the US alone. Since there are more 360's in the US than Wii's it is clear the 360 has a market advantage and we can calculate that to 30.25% (rounded). Using that figure we can equalize the results to compare the sales ratio between them.

With that in mind the VGchartz reports (for 2007) Wii software sales of 18,798,277 (18.80M) and the 360 at 25,983,596 (25.98M), so we adjust the sales results against the 360's market advantage (30.25%) and we get an adjusted sales figure of 18,124,186.67 for the Xbox. Now compare the adjusted figure to the Wii, 18.80M(Wii)/18.12M(360) we can roughly filter out the 360's 1 year sales advantage per console and see the more comparable figure of roughly 1.03:1 ratio in the U.S. for 2007.

We use the same formula for calculation and the end result looks like this...
Current 2007 Software Sales Results
U.S. = (360 30.25% sales adv.) 10(Wii)/9.64(360)
Japan = (Wii 87.47% sales adv.) 10(Wii)/4.74(360)
Other = (Wii 8.38% sales adv.) (Yearly total N/A)
------------------
Total Average = 7.19(360)/10(Wii)

Clearly the Wii is not only selling more consoles, but also more software when adjusted to a more comparable figure. However the Famitsu report is roughly dated Oct 16th, 2007, so using the same generic figures I've compiled these results for the week ending on Oct. 20th (2007)...

Oct. 20th (2007) End Weekly Software Sales Results
U.S. = (360 30.25% sales adv.) 8.60(Wii)/10(360)
Japan = (Wii 87.47% sales adv.) 3.33(Wii)/10(360)
Other = (Wii 8.38% sales adv.) (Weekly total N/A)
------------------
Total Average = 5.96(Wii)/10(360)

Clearly we can see a major trend shift after the figures have been adjusted, especially when we look solely at Japan. Some may blame this due to the release of Microsoft's killer app Halo 3, while others could blame the lack of software titles for such an extended period of time. Personally I believe that weekly results fluctuate too radically to decipher dependable figures however so many potential killer apps for the Wii will most likely balance back out and place the Wii back into the increase once more. Please note that I'm keeping a watchful eye and this has generated some level of concern, therefore the reasoning behind my posting.

Regardless the compiled results show what I estimated previously using VGchartz.com and attempted to use as an example. I hope you appreciate them, generally that much math rarely comes without a fee and/or grade. :lol:

Squall7 said:
Good advice. Personally, I don't know how I'm going to cope. I haven't got round to finishing Super Paper Mario yet, I've just started Metroid Prime 3, in two weeks, I'm thinking of buying The Simpsons game, two weeks after that is Galaxy, then a week or two after that is Umbrella Chronicles. Then there's still games like Ghost Squad and Zack and Wiki. And those are just the ones in 2007!
I'm glad a number of you are still enjoying your consoles regularly, and recommend to all those who are bored to seek alternatives until the library of stalled games finally arrive. Maybe checking out a GameCube title you might of missed? Or even sifting through the VC library for a little retro gaming? If that's not enough then buy yourself a 360 to compliment your Wii, then you reduce the game wait time considerably for both systems.

I still agree wholeheartedly with CantGetaWii, the system still is too new and clearly overlooked by developers in it's early release, and I don't doubt there will be a flood of games coming that will put this topic to rest.

Final Note...
I absolutely love my Wii, and am NOT bored of it by any means. I however like to see things for what they are and not how I want them to be, so for that reason I keep close tabs of those things (and people) I care about, even if I don't like what I see I won't deny what is put forth in front of me. I'm sorry there is a handful of people here and world-wide that are now "bored" and resorting to negative posts due to there frustration, again it's just frustration and don't see it as a lasting response. :)

Last edited:
Moose said:
There's about to be an EXPLOSION of really good games coming out. of course, just in time for the holidays.

Medal of Honor
Fire Emblem
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero III
Batallion Wars II
Soul Calibur
Trama Center
ETC...

that's true, maaany cool games are coming for wii....

why dont all you guys who dont like your wii just sell me your games for $1 a piece.

KrisKhaos said:
The title to that link reads "Famitsu publisher says 67% of Wii owners aren't playing", a Japanese publisher that Joystiq was reporting there results. I agree there is a a lot of bias opinions out there, but when you look at the weekly sales results ratio (Number of consoles verses the number of game sales) it becomes very clear just how many people probably bought the Wii due to various reasons, however the game sale trend is still low in comparison to that of the 360.
Even Famitsu isn't representative of the demograph for people buying or playing the Wii. There is no way of coming up with that number and still proving to be reliable.

Sure...

If we use VGchartz.com's data as our source alone we will find they report sales results of 8,015,993 (8.02M) for the Xbox 360 and 5,591,349 (5.59M) for the Wii in the US alone. Since there are more 360's in the US than Wii's it is clear the 360 has a market advantage and we can calculate that to 30.25% (rounded). Using that figure we can equalize the results to compare the sales ratio between them.

With that in mind the VGchartz reports (for 2007) Wii software sales of 18,798,277 (18.80M) and the 360 at 25,983,596 (25.98M), so we adjust the sales results against the 360's market advantage (30.25%) and we get an adjusted sales figure of 18,124,186.67 for the Xbox. Now compare the adjusted figure to the Wii, 18.80M(Wii)/18.12M(360) we can roughly filter out the 360's 1 year sales advantage per console and see the more comparable figure of roughly 1.03:1 ratio in the U.S. for 2007.

We use the same formula for calculation and the end result looks like this...
Current 2007 Software Sales Results
U.S. = (360 30.25% sales adv.) 10(Wii)/9.64(360)
Japan = (Wii 87.47% sales adv.) 10(Wii)/4.74(360)
Other = (Wii 8.38% sales adv.) (Yearly total N/A)
------------------
Total Average = 7.19(360)/10(Wii)

Clearly the Wii is not only selling more consoles, but also more software when adjusted to a more comparable figure. However the Famitsu report is roughly dated Oct 16th, 2007, so using the same generic figures I've compiled these results for the week ending on Oct. 20th (2007)...

Oct. 20th (2007) End Weekly Software Sales Results
U.S. = (360 30.25% sales adv.) 8.60(Wii)/10(360)
Japan = (Wii 87.47% sales adv.) 3.33(Wii)/10(360)
Other = (Wii 8.38% sales adv.) (Weekly total N/A)
------------------
Total Average = 5.96(Wii)/10(360)

Clearly we can see a major trend shift after the figures have been adjusted, especially when we look solely at Japan. Some may blame this due to the release of Microsoft's killer app Halo 3, while others could blame the lack of software titles for such an extended period of time. Personally I believe that weekly results fluctuate too radically to decipher dependable figures however so many potential killer apps for the Wii will most likely balance back out and place the Wii back into the increase once more. Please note that I'm keeping a watchful eye and this has generated some level of concern, therefore the reasoning behind my posting.

Regardless the compiled results show what I estimated previously using VGchartz.com and attempted to use as an example. I hope you appreciate them, generally that much math rarely comes without a fee and/or grade. :lol:
I do appreciate the work you did on this, but by the same token, there's a number of things wrong with this:
1. You're assuming the VG charts are accurate before the numbers go in (whereupon the margin of error will be multiplied).
2. You adjust so that the figure are for "if the consoles sold equally in this region", thus under valuing Japan's part in the figures.
3. You mention Other as N/A. Surely, this would skew the results. It's not taking the UK in for one, let alone other major gaming European countries. Europe, although sometimes treated as inconsequential, still has a part to play in sales figures...
4. "Personally I believe that weekly results fluctuate too radically to decipher dependable figures however so many potential killer apps for the Wii will most likely balance back out and place the Wii back into the increase once more." As in selling more than 360 or as in selling more than Wii games have done the previous week?
5. As I stated before in my previous post: "We are talking fractional as like 1/3 or less right? Not just "below the 1:1 mark"...

I do appreciate the work, but I'm just trying to provide a sense of stability. Considering nobody will obviously have actual answers to this, and this is an ongoing thing, and will obviously incur a margin or error that is actually quite significant.

To leave off on the right foot, I applaud you for your dedication and your effort.

yungblood6 said:
Mario games and Smash bros is not enough to carry a system through a cycle. Im enjoying my wii know because i didnt get it at launch and i still got games to play but thats not going to last me a whole year. I don't want to play games that i played on my dang gameboy(biwii), or play puzzle games and mini games that i can find on the computer for free. Dont get me wrong i like the wii but its time for them to start living up to the hype and stop trying to tyde us over with mini games and ports. If nintendo only puts out a good game every 5 months(1st party) and then when those games are supposed to come out push them back just to compete with other systems, thats not a bright future. you say be patient thats like telling some one hey buy this movie ticket from me and then ill tell you when the movie starts. I bought a system whose marki games where supposed to be launch games that two of them didnt even come out till a year later, and the rest have yet to come out. Patience is not the issue its keeping promised deadlines, and funneling out the crap games thats the issue.

yeah it is, the only game i bought for cube was super smash bros melee, and i still play that fairly often on my wii

Squall7 said:
Even Famitsu isn't representative of the demograph for people buying or playing the Wii. There is no way of coming up with that number and still proving to be reliable.
The problem is if you ask me personally is there is too much bias opinion pointing in either direction. While I am unfamiliar with the Famitsu name or it's current stance with the Wii in general I have to assume that there is some factual basis to there claims. Regarding this concept I resorted to an unrelated second opinion (VGchartz) and upon estimation (and later a compilation), appears there was some truth behind Famitsu's percentile. (That is of course for simply one week and only seems to represent Japan.)

Like any proprietary game console, eventually it's consumer support will loose steam and the sales numbers will eventually begin to decline. However before that time comes, generally the sales trend often fluctuates until it's lifespan has expired. Because there is evidence of Famitsu's claim, along with consumer reports of "boredom" such as this thread, I am inclined to believe that Wii software sales are set forth in a minor downtrend.

Again, I believe that this will be short lived, and down trends are expected with any marketable product.

Squall7 said:
I do appreciate the work you did on this, but by the same token, there's a number of things wrong with this:

1. You're assuming the VG charts are accurate before the numbers go in (whereupon the margin of error will be multiplied).
No, I never assumed anything actually, however to the best of my knowledge they are one of the better prediction sites available. I am sure VGchartz constitutes some margin of error, however there prediction algorithm/data mining method for the use of generating a comparison statistic it is more than substantial for this task at hand.

Squall7 said:
2. You adjust so that the figure are for "if the consoles sold equally in this region", thus under valuing Japan's part in the figures.
You have to consider that normally people don't buy multiple copies of a single title, so to get an accurate comparison again you have to equalize the number of consoles. To do that I simply extracted a percentile margin, and adjusted the software sales accordingly to equalize them. So then the figures are more accurately based on a per console basis and the advantages have been filtered out. I have no desire to fabricate figures and create another bias claim and pervert the results by means of "mathematical magic".

When simply looking at the software sales counts alone, it appears that the 360 is selling more software. This is true, but once you filter the console counts and compare them Wii owners are buying more games than 360 owners on average, however for this week that trend is down and I was highlighting that point.

Squall7 said:
3. You mention Other as N/A. Surely, this would skew the results. It's not taking the UK in for one, let alone other major gaming European countries. Europe, although sometimes treated as inconsequential, still has a part to play in sales figures...
Yes, I agree with you, and unfortunately that wasn't my choice. If you go to VGchartz site you will see no option for Yearly sales results, so compiling the weekly to compare it to was simply not available even though the weekly values was available. Here is the missing weekly values I omitted...
Other = (Wii 8.38% sales adv.) 3.92(360)/10(Wii)

Squall7 said:
4. "Personally I believe that weekly results fluctuate too radically to decipher dependable figures however so many potential killer apps for the Wii will most likely balance back out and place the Wii back into the increase once more." As in selling more than 360 or as in selling more than Wii games have done the previous week?
Yes, if you pay attention to the results of the yearly you will see the values are flipped, with the Wii having an obvious software sales advantage over the 360 on a "per console sales" basis.

The idea was to convert the adjusted sales figures to another value so it would not be confused with actual sales counts, so I converted them into a fraction, using the denominator of 10 which was to represent the console of the greater software sales. I choose this format because it was easy for anyone to read and can easily be converted into a percentile format. To convert to percentile, simply multiply the numerator by 10 then subtract the result by 100 to retrieve the marginal values.

(ie. Xbox = 7.19, 100 - (Xbox * 10) = 28.1%, so this means that for 2007 on average the Wii has seen a 28.1% marginal gain for 2007 software sales to date on a console to console basis. Again, more Wii games sold per console than 360, however the 360 has a larger order to fill. :))

I should have explained this process better, my bad.

In the yearly results the figure you will notice that the base was represented by our beloved Wii, while the lesser comparison value was that of the 360. The weekly however, is flipped, as the Wii software sales have slowed and the 360 has taken the lead. Please take the time to re-read my original post and again I apologize for not explaining it in more detail.

Squall7 said:
5. As I stated before in my previous post: "We are talking fractional as like 1/3 or less right? Not just "below the 1:1 mark"...
I attempted to answer this question by means of utilizing fractional values for the comparison results, however I failed to make that clear. Sorry.

Squall7 said:
I do appreciate the work, but I'm just trying to provide a sense of stability. Considering nobody will obviously have actual answers to this, and this is an ongoing thing, and will obviously incur a margin or error that is actually quite significant.
Thank you. Again detesting the accuracy claim of VGchartz is futile, as the point was simply to gain a general perspective using comparable values. For this task it was accurate enough to achieve it's purpose, as a close representative was all that was required.

Squall7 said:
To leave off on the right foot, I applaud you for your dedication and your effort.
Thank you, and it is always a pleasure to engage in a logical debate with those of intelligence, it's never ceases to amaze me what both sides can learn and accomplish when to dedicated minds work together, so in turn I have to thank you as well.

In terms of "demographics", I think we've managed to encapsulate all various degrees in terms of calculation and accuracy, and personally I think this debate is turning about quite nicely as far as the end product is concerned. :)

-Last Second Update-
Caught this right before sending this reply...

Something I would like to note is that when I calculated my data results I failed to acknowledge the blatantly obvious, noting that my compiled sales comparisons for Japan is identical to that of Famitsu's percentile report. I don't believe this is mere coincidence, and am strongly to incline to believe that there data analysis is based on the same result tally that I have generated.

The problem is that my results can only accurately (within a reasonable margin of error) show software sales comparison data, however incapable of generating a precise percentile of actual play. These results can assist confirmation of a reduced game play however utilizing these figures as a method of prediction of game play is absolutely irrational.

I would like to willfully revoke my claim to any accuracy regarding Famitsu, however I will retain to the idea that we are currently at the end of a software sales downtrend. While Famitsu's percentile is most likely inaccurate, I believe in the concept of "reduced sales = reduced play" is somewhat reliable, however not enough for Famitsu to generate a percentile based on this concept alone.

Last edited:
Good advice. Personally, I don't know how I'm going to cope. I haven't got round to finishing Super Paper Mario yet, I've just started Metroid Prime 3, in two weeks, I'm thinking of buying The Simpsons game, two weeks after that is Galaxy, then a week or two after that is Umbrella Chronicles. Then there's still games like Ghost Squad and Zack and Wiki. And those are just the ones in 2007!
This is not a bash on you or any thing like that but most hardcore gamers finish games in a weeks time period. The main reason i haven't bought zelda is because of this, theres no point in buying a game i can finish in two weeks time. i rented that game played it for about two hours a day and i was half way through with it before it was time to take it back, most likely when i decide to rent it again ill finish it. Every other game i have for the wii is finished except MP3 and Prince of Persia, which i am not trying to finish on purpose for the simple fact of not having any thing else to play. Hell i beat RE4 on game cube in two days, i got it for the wii as my first game back in august and beat it in like 10 hours. Im not a casual gamer. I wish that every one would stop thinking that a casual gamers only plays mini games and cutsie stuff casual gamer means you don't play that often, not what type of games you play. I for one play games every day, every system, and like most other hardcore gamers float threw most games in a weeks time.

On another note why are people so in love with their system that everytime some one displays a dislike for something or a concern they have they are quick to defend nintendo like they get paid for it. I love my wii, I love My 360 and when i get my ps3 again, im gonna love that. But at the same time i do not turn a blind eye to its faults. I for one have a higher expectation for the products that i spend my hard earned cash on. When im on a 360 forum i talk about the issues 360 is having when im on a ps3 forum i talk about the issues they have, same goes for the wii. Its time for gamers to stop swinging on the nutsacks of these companies and running to there defense every time some one displays a opinion about a product they have bought, not every one is all pleased with every thing, not every one is blind to the faults, cover ups and cash ins. Just because some one says they are bored with their wii and they tell you why you don't need to jump the boat and get fire under your pants to tell them why the wii isnt boring, evidently they feel it is, just like some one might feel like they fell for a gimmick its the way they feel about a product they bought or was intending to buy. Not every one is in love with wii, 360, or ps3 so lets let people voice there opinion with out fanboys getting their panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
This is not a bash on you or any thing like that but most hardcore gamers finish games in a weeks time period.
Depends what they're doing now...

If they're balancing a social life, full time education, hours worth of buses every day and still has to do a lot to keep up with university, they may just miss that week mark...

...Besides, I always find that games take longer to complete if you're playing more than one at a time.

The main reason i haven't bought zelda is because of this, theres no point in buying a game i can finish in two weeks time. i rented that game played it for about two hours a day and i was half way through with it before it was time to take it back, most likely when i decide to rent it again ill finish it.
Personally I'm a collector. I collect because if a game is good, I have cravings for it. Heck, the past few weekends, I've been around friends and have been thrashing everyone on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. If Zelda is one of those titles that you will probably play again and again and again, a purchase is well deserved.

Every other game i have for the wii is finished except MP3 and Prince of Persia, which i am not trying to finish on purpose for the simple fact of not having any thing else to play.
Lol. Chain-gamer.

Hell i beat RE4 on game cube in two days, i got it for the wii as my first game back in august and beat it in like 10 hours.
10 hours aint all that impressive when you consider you've played it before, and it's easier with the Wiimote. Heck, you could always try your hand at speedruns...

Im not a casual gamer. I wish that every one would stop thinking that a casual gamers only plays mini games and cutsie stuff casual gamer means you don't play that often, not what type of games you play.
Wouldn't it also factor in your enthusiasm for games? What about someone who picks up a controller and beats a game within record time, but isn't really interested in games. Are they a "hardcore gamer"? Or is it the person who knows all sorts of background on games spanning almost 20 years, but hasn't had the time to really divulge his love for computer games because of other important stuff. Wouldn't he be a "hardcore gamer"?

I for one play games every day, every system, and like most other hardcore gamers float threw most games in a weeks time.
To be honest, in a free week, if I dedicated myself to a single game like that, I wouldn't exactly be pushing myself. 2 or 3 days long run for a brand new game is sufficient. Having to pick up and put down the game every 5 minutes puts me off it.

On another note why are people so in love with their system that everytime some one displays a dislike for something or a concern they have they are quick to defend nintendo like they get paid for it.
Or perhaps it's the case of defending their choice. People know that Nintendo gamers are treated like kids, because people consider them to be a kiddie console. Besides, it's innate in all of us to defend our interests. You see it in football, people defending their teams with an almost neanderthol like barbarism, putting other teams down, and bigging their own team up. Why does it therefore surprise people that some of us can get just as defensive with their consoles?...

I love my wii, I love My 360 and when i get my ps3 again, im gonna love that. But at the same time i do not turn a blind eye to its faults.
There again, it depends what you define as faults. Many consider the Wii's lack of high-definition to be a fault, but it isn't. Just as Blu-ray is considered to be PS3's fault. Both are features. The fact, however that the Wii's features have worked in attracting people is the difference.

I for one have a higher expectation for the products that i spend my hard earned cash on.
As opposed to some easy cash? We all want value for money. We need to consider that much like taxes, what you get is what you put in. You want extra police officers to keep criminals off the streets, you'll need to pay more taxes. If you want Blu-ray capability and High-definition games, you'll need to pay extra. It's when you don't want that, but they put it in regardless is when it doesn't work.

When im on a 360 forum i talk about the issues 360 is having when im on a ps3 forum i talk about the issues they have, same goes for the wii. Its time for gamers to stop swinging on the nutsacks of these companies and running to there defense every time some one displays a opinion about a product they have bought, not every one is all pleased with every thing, not every one is blind to the faults, cover ups and cash ins.
You make it sound as though we should just be neutral and jaded to everything. I personally don't like the way Sony's and Microsoft's respective industries have effected the gaming industry as a whole. To say that I have no justification in supporting Nintendo, despite being brought up on it is ludicrus. People will be what they want to be, and do what they want to do. If it means that PS fanboys and Nintendo fanboys don't get on, well that's just too bad.

Just because some one says they are bored with their wii and they tell you why you don't need to jump the boat and get fire under your pants to tell them why the wii isnt boring, evidently they feel it is, just like some one might feel like they fell for a gimmick its the way they feel about a product they bought or was intending to buy.
By the same token, sometimes people won't really get things. Is it so wrong for you to explain a movie to somebody, so that they can appreciate what the director was trying to achieve?

Not every one is in love with wii, 360, or ps3 so lets let people voice there opinion with out fanboys getting their panties in a bunch.
Of course, making statements such as that only goes to fuel the conflict. What you're saying is that if you're devoted to a single console, and defend it from what you consider "irrational" or "nonesensical" criticism, you're obviously a fanboy and is worthy of humiliation.

Oh, and to KrisKhaos: It was a well thought out debate. Also threw up a number of interesting issues into the air. By the way, your avatar is awesome!

Last edited:
no see once again you miss read what i was trying to say. Its ok to voice your opinion on the matter, but don't go off saying somebody doesn't know what they are talking about when they are voicing there opinion on something, or by calling them out of there names like some of the children and immature adults that we have on these forums. Most of the time when people post about they are bored or other concerns they want to hear what you think, they don't want to hear you bash them and try to say they are retarded.

Its also getting real old when these type of topics come out that most responses go like this "go play your fps on that stupid 360, or go watch your stupid blue ray movie" Or the 360 has no variety of games, To me thats fanboyism, and its uncalled for. If we wanted to go on a variety of games war i could find every type of game that the wii has and i could find a similar game on the 360 or ps3, its that type of ignorance that im talking about. When people post their griefs with a system they want to hear what you think so maybe just maybe it might change their mind, or give them another perspective, but all the name calling and talking down on the other systems is kinda childish. The defending yourself about the nintendo being kiddy is kinda childish too don't you think, because most people that say that are fanboys any way, and by you trying to defend it gives them more fuel to fire off at.

On another note those games that i have beat if they are worth playing again then yes i play them again and for the RE thing i like to play around with my shooting games thats why it only took 10 hours, hell i beat halo3 launch night 7 hours after getting home. But i have beat it like 3 other time just trying to get all the secrets, and extras. i do this as a full time collage student on the honor roll, i have a girl who has a kid, who when he gets home i help him with his home work and we go play games, when she gets home i help her cook and clean, and then we go play games, its just a matter of you doing what you like to do more, i would rather go to the movies and play a game then go out and get drunk with friends every weekend, hell they can come over and get drunk and we can all have a blast playing games.

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
no see once again you miss read what i was trying to say. Its ok to voice your opinion on the matter, but don't go off saying somebody doesn't know what they are talking about when they are voicing there opinion on something, or by calling them out of there names like some of the children and immature adults that we have on these forums. Most of the time when people post about they are bored or other concerns they want to hear what you think, they don't want to hear you bash them and try to say they are retarded. Its also getting real old when these type of topics come out that most responses go like this "go play your fps on that stupid 360, or go watch your stupid blue ray movie" Or the 360 has no variety of games, To me thats fanboyism, and its uncalled for. If we wanted to go on a variety of games war i could find every type of game that the wii has and i could find a similar game on the 360 or ps3, its that type of ignorance that im talking about.
I see. I usually differentiate between those sorts, and other "fanatics". I consider myself to be a Nintendo enthusiast, which often translates to others as "fanboy". The other type are just plain "idiots" (as I call them, and I sometimes do on these forums - not often, but sometimes).

Personally, it's not the worst case of ignorance though. Racial ignorance, cultural ignorance, sexual ignorance etc has always been way ahead of "fanboyism".

Oh you are absolutely right its not the worst form of ignorance, especially when you play on the weekend on xboxlive you should hear some of the things that come out of these kids mouths, where the hell is ya momma at. Its just unbelievable, lol thats why if nintendo does come out with a mic they need to do a better job than microsoft at age filtering so kids don't get mixed up in the same games as adults, but thats just my opinion. Its kinda sad to hear a 12 year old boy hollering the n-word and jew this and jew that, especially when they aren't even old enough to know about what they are saying.

Now that i think about it that might be the exact reason they haven't come out with a mic yet.

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
Oh you are absolutely right its not the worst form of ignorance, especially when you play on the weekend on xboxlive you should hear some of the things that come out of these kids mouths, where the hell is ya momma at. Its just unbelievable, lol thats why if nintendo does come out with a mic they need to do a better job than microsoft at age filtering so kids don't get mixed up in the same games as adults, but thats just my opinion. Its kinda sad to hear a 12 year old boy hollering the n-word and jew this and jew that, especially when they aren't even old enough to know about what they are saying.

Now that i think about it that might be the exact reason they haven't come out with a mic yet.
Couldn't agree more.

Though thankfully, I haven't been exposed to the language on Xbox all that bad. Just "noob" over and over and over again. Not that I was personally playing, just kinda annoying all the same though.

yungblood6 said:
Mario games and Smash bros is not enough to carry a system through a cycle. Im enjoying my wii know because i didnt get it at launch and i still got games to play but thats not going to last me a whole year. I don't want to play games that i played on my dang gameboy(biwii), or play puzzle games and mini games that i can find on the computer for free. Dont get me wrong i like the wii but its time for them to start living up to the hype and stop trying to tyde us over with mini games and ports. If nintendo only puts out a good game every 5 months(1st party) and then when those games are supposed to come out push them back just to compete with other systems, thats not a bright future. you say be patient thats like telling some one hey buy this movie ticket from me and then ill tell you when the movie starts. I bought a system whose marki games where supposed to be launch games that two of them didnt even come out till a year later, and the rest have yet to come out. Patience is not the issue its keeping promised deadlines, and funneling out the crap games thats the issue.

Well, you could always try buying more games, and if you really still feel like that, sell your wii.

George said:
Well, you could always try buying more games, and if you really still feel like that, sell your wii.
i have played everything the wii has to offer other than the last two to three weeks recent releases. make that two i got crash and beat it a couple times and then played it with my girls son and now its sitting in the ebgames used section.

Back