Has the Wii be downgraded becuase it has no online games?

gigs2006 said:
i bet in two months or less nintendo will have the ball rolling on alot of things especially online play and i agree SSBB will prolly start it all off and i cant wait.

Wow....

...You knew that SSBB is coming out exactly in a year? :crazy:

im not saying these games wouldn be fun online,what i say is that a game does not have to be online to be fun.online is just an extra developers put in a game because the game itself its the core,history,gameplay ect ect.

Since the majority of those seeking (or sought, since today is Christmas) were mothers and fathers buying for kids, I doubt the whole online enabling is necessary. Personally, if I were giving this to an 8 year old, I'd be frightened that he or she were making "Pen Pals with Mr. Foley" (Thanks Borat) Now the 360 seems geared towards the teenagers and up, while the PS3 is for people who can actually drop 1000 bucks on a decent setup. It makes sense that the latter two have online connectivity out of the box, because they're a bit more complicated than the Wii, and require more devotion (time and money wise). There it is. I'm just happy because if I suddenly need to shoot someone, I have CoD3 or GoW for the 360. Peter whats-his-name from Microsoft had it dead-on when he recommended buying a Wii and 360 and skipping the PS3 until it becomes affordable. Maybe it's me, but the whole Wii setup seems a lot more fun when the people you're playing against are in the room. The real fun is watching people frantically swinging a wand around at an imaginary tennis ball. If you're doing it alone, it seems kind of like calling a 900 number. Yeah, weird analogy.

Santoanderson said:
Since the majority of those seeking (or sought, since today is Christmas) were mothers and fathers buying for kids, I doubt the whole online enabling is necessary. Personally, if I were giving this to an 8 year old, I'd be frightened that he or she were making "Pen Pals with Mr. Foley" (Thanks Borat) Now the 360 seems geared towards the teenagers and up, while the PS3 is for people who can actually drop 1000 bucks on a decent setup. It makes sense that the latter two have online connectivity out of the box, because they're a bit more complicated than the Wii, and require more devotion (time and money wise). There it is. I'm just happy because if I suddenly need to shoot someone, I have CoD3 or GoW for the 360. Peter whats-his-name from Microsoft had it dead-on when he recommended buying a Wii and 360 and skipping the PS3 until it becomes affordable. Maybe it's me, but the whole Wii setup seems a lot more fun when the people you're playing against are in the room. The real fun is watching people frantically swinging a wand around at an imaginary tennis ball. If you're doing it alone, it seems kind of like calling a 900 number. Yeah, weird analogy.

Then why have a Browser and Forcast Channel??? kids dont really care about those and also the News channels not really for kids. But online gaming can be enjoyed by kids and Teens.

I just remember being 12 and playing Quake for the first time and another competitors handle was "Stinky Vag*na". Wonderful stuff for 8 year olds to pick up and blurt out and the dinner table.

You know... I'll be looking forward to seeing Nintendo's online implementation. Very much so. Lack of online is the reason I haven't even touched the Virtual Console marketplace yet. (Though to be perfectly fair, I will admit that I only own a Wii in anticipation of Forever Blue, which will hopefully, mercifully, support the Classic Controller.)

It will be interesting to see how much truth there is to the reports that the Wiimote itself is responsible for for the conspicuously lackluster download speeds and connectivity. If that's the cause, then the fix is defacto nonexistent, and multiplayer will be, well, an interesting experiment indeed.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (PS2) had Online functions before the network adapter was released for the playstation 2. I remember because I could connect using a usb ethernet adapter I had only no one else was online. Game developers could make the option available even when the system currently doesn't support it. So I am sure online games will be making their way to the Wii.

The first game I really got into was Doom when the first one originally came out.

And there are so many god damn little kids on xbox live.

So I don't really get the whole "wii is kiddish" thing.

LLBChamp said:
dude you are soooooo wrong right here, i dont know wuts up with your wii but MY wii plays youtube im on it right now matter of fact and my internet hasent crashed your trippin man alot of the other stuff you said may be true but your wrong right here guy. yea sumtimes, but not all the time does the wii take a long time to load up a few of the channels but cut nintendo a break they barely been out a month they will get there **** together.and online will be here your all a bunch of no patiant batards.
OK well the last time I tried it, I could watch youtube videos that were either posted on the main page or on other sites but once I would click on a link to a different video, it would say I don't have Java enabled or I need the most recent version of adobe flash or something. If you read my entire post, you'll see I say Nintendo is probably working on this and other problems as I type and that it's not that big of a deal. It's obvious to everyone that whenever a console launches, it usually takes some time before all the kinks are worked out. I just want Nintendo to be more proactive this time around and show their support for online both in games and in the channels, but don't get me wrong, I've never been a huge fan of online and I always prefer playing split-screen or LAN play. Unfortunately it's not always easy to find time to meet your friends in a certain place, which is why online play is so great.

NateTheGreat said:
I've never been a huge fan of online and I always prefer playing split-screen or LAN play. Unfortunately it's not always easy to find time to meet your friends in a certain place, which is why online play is so great.
i understand man but tell me whats the diffrence between internet play and LAN play im not really sure on that one

LLBChamp said:
i understand man but tell me whats the diffrence between internet play and LAN play im not really sure on that one
Oh, well I have an Xbox so there are games that are just split-screen, others that allow system-link so you can play with your own TV so you don't have to share a screen, which I call LAN play, and then there online-enabled games. That's what I meant, but I know some people use LAN and online interchangeably.:)

Ya know what's kinda funny....U R WRONG!DING DING DING DING DING!

All my internet channels work fine.news channel will be available jan. 27th,and around january they'll have online enabled games,the internet channels are NOT slow,and to let you know the shop channel is undergoing mantinance at this very second so HA!

Wii_would_like_to_play said:
Ya know what's kinda funny....U R WRONG!DING DING DING DING DING!

All my internet channels work fine.news channel will be available jan. 27th,and around january they'll have online enabled games,the internet channels are NOT slow,and to let you know the shop channel is undergoing mantinance at this very second so HA!
Wow well maybe you aren't having problems, but that doesn't mean others like me are wrong because we are having difficulties.

Back