Wii HDTV Component Cable -- Worth getting?

KingKory

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Hello :)

I'm sure this question has been kicked around a few times, but there's no search feature that I can see, so I thought I'd just start a new thread.

Are these cables worth buying?

I see them priced from $20 all the way to $50. Is there a big difference on the quality of cable you buy?

Does anyone have a link to recommended cables?

Thanks much!

Yes they are worth buying in my opinion. They make the image so much sharper, and if you have a nice TV it really enhances the color. By the way there is a search feature on the right side of the forums right under the User Control Panel.

yes you should definteley get some ive only got a cheap set and it makes a big difference

Here's the cables I have:
DSC00056.jpg

no name brand from this website: http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ts/TS3003.htm
they're 15 bucks, free shipping, excellent quality (better than nintendo's crap cables)

AND here's some shots off my 58" plasma with the cables hooked up and all settings correct:
PLEASE NOTE: these pictures do not do justice to what it really looks like.
HPIM4206.jpg

HPIM4202.jpg

HPIM4200.jpg

HPIM4198.jpg

HPIM4196.jpg

I have a 27inch standard def tv with component but that's being taken by the dvd player and im not getting adapters or switching or any of that.

in short.

should I stay composite, or should I step up to svideo?

Svideo isn't that great of a difference, don't waste your money. On your tv you won't be able to tell.

Would these be a good thing to grab for a Home Theatre + Projector setup??

I got a noname set at circuit shitty for $20 and they make a noticable difference to me on a 42" plasma on every game.

What game is that in your screen shot? The one with the man standing by the cars, Looks like GTA lol. Is It Scarface? Im just about to get a Wii and this game interests me. Thanks alot
Aaron

Last edited:
Back