Wii health risks?

lol... The question is not weather microwave energy is particle energy or nonionizing energy. I'm quite aware that microwave energy is non-ionizing. the question is weather it is a carcinogen or not. Radiation does not have to be ionizing to be detrimental. Hence why govt. agencies across the world have a stated limit to microwave energy exposure. Microwave energy has been proven to cause cell death and DNA damage. Now for all you conspiracy theorists out there.. this is not an anti Wii thread. This is merely 2 gentlemen having an inteligent conversation. Which I'm rather enjoying. Thank You Maximus for a rare treat around here.

P.S. I was having a great time playing Super paper mario when a tumor formed on my thumb..... oh wait thats a callus:smilewinkgrin:

At the end of the day......

Breathing can kill you (Polluted air in most countries, USA & China being the worst)

Eating can kill you (Food poisioning, Salmonella, Bird Flu, Mad Cow)

Drinking can kill you (Undistilled water treatment)

In fact from the moment you are born you are dying.

My point being, everything will kill you in the end, so do the things you enjoy, then you'll die happy.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Im not anti wii (perhaps a little anti-nintendo since I owned a mega drive as a kid:) ), but I own a wii, and i too will take my chances.
But then I also smoke nearly 20(rollups) a day, eat anything regardless of health, drink and take drugs, dont get much exercise etc etc etc.

I only posted this cause a) i saw it on TV. b) i own a wii. and c) It seems like it could be a genuine long term health risk and would make an interesting talking point.

Last night i looked in the wii manual and it had a bit about RF saying:
To comply with RF saftey standards
Make sure you stay at least 20cm away when playing your wii!
I wondered whether that applies to the wii remotes too? I thought maybe id better get pokey stick to play it with. :p

Last edited:
Mr_Happy said:
I only posted this cause a) i saw it on TV. b) i own a wii. and c) It seems like it could be a genuine long term health risk and would make an interesting talking point.

It's a valid point, and one that shouldn't be ruled out. Unless there are some WIFI scientists (not wiki searchers) How can anyone honestly say in 50 years time, all of us my have some form of ailment due to Wii-ing too much?

Hell they didn't know smoking kills when they made ciggarettes?

Also at primary school we used to use lead pencils!
I'll see you all on the other side then!

:ciappa:

Last edited:
Thats very interesting. With all video game consoles come health risk. The occasional epoplectic episode, the obligitory blurry vision and gamers thumb. But this era of wireless gaming brings a new set of risks, ones wrought with fears of cancer and radiation. Though nowadays what isn't carcenogenic. I mean, they used to play with murcury back in the day. So with new kowledge comes new risks and new possiblities. We must take what precautions we can and take the good wit hthe bad, and visa versa.

lol i know wifi and crap is bad but hey watch gonna do its everywhere! plus im pretty sure sittin on my ass drinkion beer while playing wii is a much more relevant health hazzard!

I'll take my chances. This just seems to be anti-Wii BS.... Blue-tooth has been out for years. Yet this only affects the Wiis Blue-tooth.....

miiguy said:
My point being, everything will kill you in the end, so do the things you enjoy, then you'll die happy.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

That is, except for drugs. ;)

Spiritshotgun said:
here is a short and sweet version

cell phones are more dangerous than the wii.

Thats what I thought. Only after watching panorama, one of the main points made by them was - quote

"Readings taken for the programme showed the height of signal strength to be three times higher in the school classroom using Wi-Fi than the main beam of radiation intensity from a mobile phone mast."

Ofcourse an entire wifi network is not the same as a wii but it gives an idea of the strength of many wifi signals combined.

With hundreds of cell phone around you at any time, you are getting more "second hand radiation" (as "second hand smoke" from cigarette) per day than from the time you are playing Wii. The fact that you can pick up many of your neighbor's wireless router signal at home, one less Wii would not help.

Back