Wii health risks?

don't take this report seriously.... The same show says that:
wi-Fi
printers
Hand sanitizer
& moniters
Are very dangerous to your health......

Mr_Happy said:
Im not anti wii (perhaps a little anti-nintendo since I owned a mega drive as a kid:) ), but I own a wii, and i too will take my chances.
But then I also smoke nearly 20(rollups) a day, eat anything regardless of health, drink and take drugs, dont get much exercise etc etc etc.
I only posted this cause a) i saw it on TV. b) i own a wii. and c) It seems like it could be a genuine long term health risk and would make an interesting talking point.

Last night i looked in the wii manual and it had a bit about RF saying:
To comply with RF saftey standards
Make sure you stay at least 20cm away when playing your wii!
I wondered whether that applies to the wii remotes too? I thought maybe id better get pokey stick to play it with. :p

Im ganna go out on a limb here and say that youve got a lot more to worry about than getting hand cancer 50 years from now...mainly because at this rate I highly doubt that youll live to be 50.

I was watching that too, I don't know why, maybe, the remote was too far away from me and I was enbedded into that blanket on the couch. I simply dismissed it.

I am rarely exposed to a mobile phone anyway, I rarely use it, if I do I use it for a few minutes and videoing. So, that problem for me is solved.

My brain is probably being a retarded cabbage from living in the croded city of Liverpool which is mainly becoming a large hotspot. My school does not have wifi, (I asked them to get it but they thought I was a hacking threat) even though it is a technology college.

What happened to global warming? What happened to starvation? Why didn't we go smoke-free sooner? Why are nurses and doctors allowed out in their scrubs? What happened to clean streets? Why are there three fastfood chains at the most two miles away from my house? Why are we being robbed from high prices?

There's always issues that are going to effect our lifestyles for the worse, we have to deal with it, or make it better. Seeing as it was just wifi, why don't people turn off their wifi for a while?

Does wifi internet release more radiation than the wiimote? I bought an adapter with my wii because I don't have wifi compatable internet so I've been only usin the wiimote

Mr_Happy said:
Two weeks ago I make a post about wiimotes and hand cancer (which promptly got deleted) and im told its perfectly safe. Now im watching TV and look what comes on - A Panorama episode on the health risks of radiation caused by wireless networking (wifi & bluetooth)!
Considering 1 Wii can have up to 18 bluetooth and wifi signals (16 wiimotes, the signal from the wii to the wiimotes and wifi signal to your router) all emiting at the same time, one right in your hand. I feel its especially relevant. :yikes:
Although I doubt many of you care, I thought I'd post this here incase.

Oh and you mods please dont delete this post, its a real health concern and I'd hate to have to go round posing it on every wii forum I can find, just so I can find one that wont delete my post. :aureola:

this is a troll post then if you are going around posting this on every wii forum. Havent you learned yet, everything gives you cancer. Everywhere you walk, tons of signals are being passed through your body. Radios, tv, satalite... we live in an age where theres so much you dont see, that the wiimote is hardly a problem. Hell watching a TV is more harmful than playing the wii. NEver ever use a cell phone, dont walk outside even cause there might be some second hand smoke from someone 2 blocks away.. lol

I do not think you are sincerely concerned about the risks. You want attention and theres nothing wrong with admitting that.

i bet if i was gonna die from playing my wii it would be from letting the wiimote go and smacking me in the head with it.

but im sure theres a chance of wifi cancer. just alot smaller than tv, mobile phone or fried food cancer

Back