Wii in Australia thread

gpoleweski said:
Lol...How could you possibly resist after something like that is said...?
I can make it better sounding if you want..

Roll up, Roll up! Tired of your Wii sitting there collecting dust because no good games are coming out? Looking for a new console that can play imported games, but usually just the crappy ones?
Take a look at the Xbox 360(c)! At only $400, this console comes with a box that plays games and a Wired Controller, and noone telling you that you need a memory card to save games! Or buy the premium pack, with a wireless controller and a Harddrive! Have fun within minutes! All you need is an actual game, which should only cost you another $100! And don't forget to pick up an Xbox Live Gold account for another $100 so you can play online for one whole year! We are the only people who give you the opportunity to play online by getting a membership!
And if your console freezes often, its a sign you've been playing to much and should have a rest, and has nothing to do with our 70% problem rate.

DO IT!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I WILLL!!!! OR>>>I'LL GET A PS3!!! WOULD THAT SATISFY YOU>>>I DIDN'T THINK SO!!!!

Eh...They both have their pros and cons and we go trough this atleast once every month on here...I aint gonna buy it any time soon....If ever.

PS3
Pros:
It looks cool
It doesn't freeze as much

Cons:
It has no good games
Its framerate is apparently not as good as the 360

XBOX 360
Pros:
Many good games
Smells nice if covered in chocolate

Cons:
Pricey online stuff

Wii
Pros:
Its awesome

Cons:
Australia

Ill send you guys a link as soon as it is up (dont know if that is allowed under wiichat rules though??)
EDIT: Just saw a wii console with 4 motes and 2 games sell for 710 aud

Last edited:
Eagles said:
What are you doing in HL Maths Andthen??

We're doing various types of function notation. I've done a bit of function notation before, but this is all SO NEW. So many symbols I've never even seen before. (e.g. xE[-4, ∞[) We've had our first dropout already... he did the same maths as I did last year. :)›\) - lol it's a face... I'm so creative.

We've done five full pages in three lessons. I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

That being said, this weekend has been good. Life calls!

PS3
Pros:
You can boast about how much the unused black box cost, can convince people its actually a George Foreman Grill, its the cheapest Blu-Ray player.

Cons:
It has no good games, less than Wii in fact.
Its framerate is apparently not as good as the 360, ie. Its specs are probably lies.

XBOX 360
Pros:
Many good games
Quite good value considering whats inside it.....

Cons:
Shame the insides like to overheat alot.
Online is pricey (then again its the only one with PROPER online).

Wii
Pros:
Its awesome

Cons:
Australia gets the rough end of the deal, delay after delay, tonnes of shovelware, companies view it as a cheap cash in, and dont bother spending time making '360-like' titles on it.
The graphics really are bad, and are only going to look worse over time, plus they arent even HD...

Wii looses it's motion-sensing novelty after a while too...
I really dont want to play it anymore.

Deanis said:
...can convince people its actually a George Foreman Grill,

Haha!

Tails McCloud~ said:
Wii looses it's motion-sensing novelty after a while too...

Um, motion-sensing isn't supposed to be a novelty. Sure, it's new; sure, it's fun... Does that mean that it shouldn't be taken seriously?

The only reason the Wii isn't being taken seriously is because:

A) Almost all the good games come from Nintendo;
B) There's very little advertisement for the few good 3rd party games. (Zack and Wiki should have been much more popular.)

Last edited:
Intense GPole...
*all the Australians jump the Wii Ship....leaving GPole waving around his Wiimote...hoping for his saviour SSBB to come rescue him*
;)

HOMG about 20mins ago I got attacked by a wasp, god dam it hurt!
they leave puncture marks in your skin, and the burn is insane...

Back