Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
george:) said:
ah **** man......i didnt know your on here......now agree with me man! you know the Wii isnt next gen

Douchebags travel in packs.

next gen in the console context means taht it has something new and innovative

The Wii pretty much wtfowns the ps3 and 360 as far as innovation goes.

um yeah......i dont think i remember those days.....ya know, being a kid n all...

but back on topic, could somebody tell me how the Wii is totally next gen? please..and dont say '' its inovative with the controller''

pizzaluvr said:
yep, the lack of online play sure out inovates the ps3 and 360

So does that mean when the online games start coming out it will?

And yes, it does, considering online gaming has been around for many a years. Buy a computer, you will know this stuff to.

george:) said:
but back on topic, could somebody tell me how the Wii is totally next gen? please..and dont say '' its inovative with the controller''

Could someone tell me how the PS3 and the XBOX 360 are totally next gen? Please... and don't say "it's innovative with the awesome graphics".

Theres an old saying "you can't polish a turd", the 360 and ps3 disprove that, they're just pretty games that are boring, sure they look nice but where is the innovation?

generation = The creating of, the furthering of, the next in a line evolved from a former.

wii - evolved from a former being gamecube.

Kosh1and2 said:
Theres an old saying "you can't polish a turd", the 360 and ps3 disprove that, they're just pretty games that are boring, sure they look nice but where is the innovation?

lol there is plenty of inovation! have you even played an xbox or ps3?

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Ok I'm sick of people saying the wii is not a next gen console. What are they basing this assumption on? "Its not got HD graphics"? WTF does that have anything to do with being the "next generation" of video game consoles.
Let me explain.
"Next Gen" means that it is the next generation of a video game console. i.e. If your dad has a kid - YOU are the next generation of your family. You are part of a generation - a group of people your age. Thats a generation.

When nintendo gamecube has a kid (the wii) It is the next generation of the nintendo family. It is part of a new generation of games consoles. So it is therefore nextgen.

To be honest this is the most basic way of defining next-gen. You could go on and say its to do with innovation and other such stuff. But next gen does not mean "better graphics".

Agreed, not calling the Wii next generation would be like having an ugly kid and saying hes not the next generation :p though the Wii is not ugly....just saying :)

And to whoever said they would play a 360 more...I doubt it...maybe to begin with, because of Gears of War, but the Wii is so much fun, hell, I find myself playing Wii sports more than anything, I havent touched my 360 since I got my Wii, don't get me wrong, I love my 360 and will continue to play it, but you can't say that you wouldnt play it as much until you actually own one and see for yourself...I never thought I would play the Wii sports for hours with my family...but I did lol

~Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back