Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call it whatever you folks want. I enjoy the hell out of it.

(In layman's terms, pwnt.)

^^ haha thats the spirit, who give a f*ck what generation it is, it looks like its gunna be more fun than a drunken obese mime juggling a bunch of monkey filled barrels along to the bodyguard soundtrack... random? yes. true? yes!!

Its not really next gen. When people talk about next generation systems they are talking about graphics. Well the Wii is last gen in the graphics department. They have a cool controller with the motion sensor deal but thats not really considered next generation. Motion sensors have been around for a while now. This is just the first time its been used in video games the way it is. The Wii is NOT next generation. No matter how much you wish it was. lol its $250. Really sounds like a next gen price huh?

Lethal said:
Its not really next gen. When people talk about next generation systems they are talking about graphics. Well the Wii is last gen in the graphics department. They have a cool controller with the motion sensor deal but thats not really considered next generation. Motion sensors have been around for a while now. This is just the first time its been used in video games the way it is. The Wii is NOT next generation. No matter how much you wish it was. lol its $250. Really sounds like a next gen price huh?

Next gen does NOT mean better graphics. No matter how much you want it to. By definition, Wii is next gen, but does it really matter? There's really not that much innovation going into the 360 or PS3... Let's face it... 360 is just an XBox with a processor and video card update. PS3 is just a PS2 with a video card and processor update and Blu-Ray technology. Wii is A WHOLE HECK OF A LOT MORE than a GameCube with a processor and video card update.

Lethal said:

who exactly decided exactly what next gen means? how did they reach that conclusion? i'd love to know cos i missed the memo on that one, 360 & PS3 might be next gen in a more traditional sense, but the wii is next gen in a whole different direction... btw im not denying PS3 & 360 are good consoles, far from it, but the wii is better all round, and i'd love to see if microsoft & sony stick to the same formular with the next next gen console (i.e. just better graphics - they can only get so good!!), i think its more than likely their gunna be nicking nintendo's ideas...

Lethal said:

When you take the terms in an arguement and define them however you want, of course you'll win. However, anyone who doesn't wake up each morning and shovel 5 bowls of noob-crispies does not define 'next-generation' exclusively in terms of graphical power.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention $250 = $300 - $50. Maybe the 360 core system isn't next-gen, either? I mean $50 won't even get you a game on 360.

Why do you think motion sensors are next gen? Please explain this because motion sensors have been out for a very long time. And next gen has always reffered to the graphics. What the hell game magz to you read?

george:) said:
**** man....i wouldnt class the Wii even close to next gen. the 360 and PS3 are two much better consoles in gameplay and graphics..just because you can wave around a controller and aim a gun with it does not mean its next gen...its a nice addition to gaming..but not a big enough addition to call it next gen...

and the graphics are part of what makes a console next gen.

u r an dumbass...u dont seem to understand what next gen is...:drool: :tard: ....dude...dont embarrass urself anymore...so stfu....thx:thumbsup: :D :)

Lethal said:
Why do you think motion sensors are next gen? Please explain this because motion sensors have been out for a very long time. And next gen has always reffered to the graphics. What the hell game magz to you read?

correct me if im wrong but isnt it easier to make a console thats exactly the same as the previous one just with better graphics & more memory etc than it is to produce & market something totally new? - yes motion sensors have been out for a long time, but when was the last time you saw a console that revolved around them? nintendo took a big gamble with the wii but it was definately worth it - the sales speak for themself. btw i don't read game magazines, theres other stuff i'd rather buy mate but i dont give a toss, next gen has probably always been refered to in graphics terms because until the wii, that was the only different between thoes "next gen" consoles & the previous generation. but last time i checked, theres no-one who holds the title of the big boss of all gaming so the term next gen is pretty much open to interpretation, nobody can define it... interpret it how you like but don't try & school people on what it is - and try develop your own opinions instead of what your game magz tell you to think and most importantly... have a nice day :D

all_eyez_on_me_88 said:
correct me if im wrong but isnt it easier to make a console thats exactly the same as the previous one just with better graphics & more memory

Your wrong. You think its easy to come up with newer and better graphics? You know absolutely nothing about it. Hey lets throw some memory in the system and it will have amazing graphics and even more amazing processor power. Next gen is the heart and sole of the machine. The CPU and GPU are everything. What is the most next gen of any machine? THE PC!!!! A $7000 PC is more next gen than any console. But wait! Where is the motion sensor for the PC? It was just so easy to create DX10 and the 8800 series videocard. lol you know nothing and slapping a couple of motion sensors on a console is not next gen. So yes you have been corrected. Have an even better day.

lol hell motion sensor came out with Duck Hunt. Lets all break out our next gen NES systems!!!

When i think of next-gen models... I think of something new and improved. the ps3 is new/improved in terms of graphics, blu-ray, etc, so that is next-gen. the xbox 360 has better graphics, etc etc, so that's next gen. Now the wii, the graphics aren't better than a ps2 per say, but in terms of it's innovative wii-controller, THAT is next gen.

So yes, the wii is next-gen, just because it doesn't have HDTV capabilities, or 360/ps3 graphics, doesn't mean it's not new and improved in terms of gameplay.

so ... was star trek TNG called "the next generation" in terms of time (ie. the sequential) or was it called "the next generation" because it was better?

i think the next generation of star trek (TNG) was simply that; the NEXT GENERATION, just like my 2006 car is the next generation of the 2005 model, just like the Nintendo Wii is the next generation of Nintendo game consoles.

you can also use nextgen as a general term wiuth game consoles regarding innovation in terms of graphics/functionality etc etc ...

you can use the term nextgen to a specific item/manufacturer or u can use it to describe technology ... we're talking 2 different things IMO

is the Wii nextgen? in terms of Nintendo consoles, yes. in terms of gaming innovation in general, i dont think that can be answered with a imple yes/no - in terms of graphics i'd say no, but in terms of HMI, definitely yes.

Lethal said:
Your wrong. You think its easy to come up with newer and better graphics? You know absolutely nothing about it. Hey lets throw some memory in the system and it will have amazing graphics and even more amazing processor power. Next gen is the heart and sole of the machine. The CPU and GPU are everything. What is the most next gen of any machine? THE PC!!!! A $7000 PC is more next gen than any console. But wait! Where is the motion sensor for the PC? It was just so easy to create DX10 and the 8800 series videocard. lol you know nothing and slapping a couple of motion sensors on a console is not next gen. So yes you have been corrected. Have an even better day.

lol hell motion sensor came out with Duck Hunt. Lets all break out our next gen NES systems!!!

haha dont make me laugh sunshine, im the first to admit i dont know dick about graphics, not really my cup of tea mate, im a carpenter by trade, i can hang a door bloody fast but i couldn't tell you how they make thoes graphics look so perdy... but i do know its easier to build on existing technology than make something totally new. FACT. if you hellbent on convincing us all that the wii isn't all that great why are you on a forum called wiichat? why is your avatar a wii? obviously something about the wii is pretty damn intruiging to you or you wouldn't be here... or maybe you would? i dunno, are you a dithering retard? perhaps, who knows, all i know is nintendo saw that the 360 & PS3 were both competing for the best graphics, so who needs another console that does that? they did the smart thing & went back to the board & their being rewarded for their efforts.

if you play games just to get a hard on for the beautiful graphics you might as well go jack off at an art gallery. if you play games to have fun, then zip you trousers up & go buy a wii.

p.s: duck hunts alot more fun than some of these new games i've seen in recent years.

Did you try to compare next videogames with a TV show? You are considered next after your father but does that make you better or improved? Crappy comparisons man.

I rest my case on this matter. Motion sensors have been out since NES. Its nothing new. Sure its fun but its not next gen by any means. All you Wii fanboys can cry and cry but it will never be next gen. Sorry to burst your bubbles. Its still a cool console though.

Why am I on Wiichat? I have a Wii maybe? Why is my avatar a Wii? Because ummmm uhhhhh I am a Wiichat member? I own my own construction company and I am obviously alot smarter than you lol. Go put some hinges on a door lmao! You make us carpenters sound dumb.

And using words like sunshine really doesnt help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back