Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lethal said:
Motion sensors have been out since NES.

Can you please give me an example of a motion sensative controller that was out when the NES was. I'm not getting involved in this battle, but I would like to see what was out when the NES was.

Thanks.

The light gun used light sensors which are now used for motion sensoring. Just like the Wii you can unplug your sensor and use 2 candles to redirect the light to the camera in the controller. The light gun is where it all started on the consoles.

Lethal said:
The light gun used light sensors which are now used for motion sensoring. Just like the Wii you can unplug your sensor and use 2 candles to redirect the light to the camera in the controller. The light gun is where it all started on the consoles.

Hey thanks, but I was looking for an example of Motion Sensor controllers (as you said they were around the time of the NES), not light sensor technology.

Thanks!

"Wii is not a next gen system the same way as PS3 and X-360. Wii is not powerful for graphics but in terms of controls this is the most powerful hardware on the market. Shooting and sword fighting have never been so real and immersive as with the Wii controller. And the best graphics ever will never deliver that." - Ubisoft.

MetroidZ said:
That's because you are a graphics whore.

And the Wii graphics are almost as good as the Xbox 360. HD or no HD. I mean, look at Excite Truck! It has Xbox 360 written all over it! But is it on the 360?? Nahh.. It is on the Wii, and it proves what the Wii can do.

Kherrek508 said:
And the Wii graphics are almost as good as the Xbox 360. HD or no HD. I mean, look at Excite Truck! It has Xbox 360 written all over it! But is it on the 360?? Nahh.. It is on the Wii, and it proves what the Wii can do.

Bro... I REALLY do hope you are kidding. The Wii would CRY trying to do the things the 360 does graphically. Oh and a pile of my own vomit looks better than Excite Truck.

yeaa..i love the wii but it has nowhere near the graphics of the 360..

but, opinion or not..the wii is a next gen console seeing as..its nintendo's NEXT GENERATION of a console...

so by definition it is..

Graphics are important, but not everything. Gameplay has a huge part too. The Wii covers the whole gameplay department, while PS3 and 360 do graphics. I would really group Wii by itself and 360 and PS3 together, but they are both next gen with their own strengths and weaknesses. If only we could join them all into one, huge, super system... XD

george:) said:
its not next gen...after playing the 360 in HD..i could never play the Wii now....ah ****...i may still get on on release but wouldnt play it as much as 360..just because the GFX are ****...they look like PS2 for crying out loud

Leave 360 fanboy.

You cannot compare the PS3 and 360 to the Wii, they are in two entirely different categories. The PS3 and 360 go for the graphics, which is fine and dandy. We all like beatifull graphics. The Wii goes for gameplay, which in my opinion is the more important ingrediant to a game. Without graphics, you still have a game. But without gameplay and just graphics, all you have is a movie.

I personally think the Wii is the best, and I can admit the 360 isn't all bad, but the PS3 can go drown. 360 and PS3 fight for graphics and online play, and 360 won both of those categories.

george:) said:
just because you can wave around a controller and aim a gun with it does not mean its next gen...i
You are a ****ing MORON!

You are saying that just because the Wii that no other console has ever done originally is not next gen.(PS3 copied Wii with their shitty sixaxis thing)

Ohhh where do I start???
I think that using motion sensors to make it feel like your in the game even more is a big step beyond improving the look of the game. I will admit, graphics are important, but they shouldn't rule over gameplay as you like to see it. You are saying that just because the ps3 and xbox have better graphics than their last gen, that means they are automatically next gen. You couldn't be more wrong. Next gen means a newer generation with newer technology. All of the consoles do that. Wii = Innovation through new technology in controllers. Xbox and ps3 on the other hand bring next gen through better looks.

Anyways, you can just flip what you said around and say: just because you the games you play have better graphics doesn't mean it's next gen...

In my opinion Ps3 = less next gen than Wii. First off next generation is something new.. something improved over the last generation, in my opinion the wii is really a big jump as its a totaly new way to play. Now ofcourse the ps3 is next gen; it has improved a great amount as compared to the ps2, but it doesnt offer that much to the game other than outstanding graphics. Graphics dont make up for bad gameplay. Not saying that all ps3 games have bad gameplay but i'm just saying that the wii graphics dont need to be the best.

Chaox said:
In my opinion Ps3 = less next gen than Wii. First off next generation is something new.. something improved over the last generation, in my opinion the wii is really a big jump as its a totaly new way to play. Now ofcourse the ps3 is next gen; it has improved a great amount as compared to the ps2, but it doesnt offer that much to the game other than outstanding graphics. Graphics dont make up for bad gameplay. Not saying that all ps3 games have bad gameplay but i'm just saying that the wii graphics dont need to be the best.

Not to mention the only innovation at all between ps1 and ps3 is the graphics.

Well, it is next generation, because it's a new console that's been released at a similar time to the other consoles (XBox 360 and the PS3). You can't argue with fact. :)

I think people are getting confused and assuming that you can only call something next gen if it's got amazing graphics and plays blu rays discs. No. Next gen merely refers to when the consoles are released.

Nintendo have focused on gameplay when it comes to the Wii. They have always been a video game company at the end of the day. Sony and Microsoft have not. Good graphics do not a good game make. Remember that, folks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back