Wii Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghork said:
when writing with a keyboard on the wii, does that screen keyboard still appear???
u can't play online games with keyboard on wii???

no, the on-screen keyboard is for only pecking with the remote, it shows up because you click on the keyboard button :)

online games can vary... not sure about online ganes that may require arrow buttons to move your character

Wireless Keyboard works
Not sure if this has been answered but thought I'd through it out there.
If you download the latest version of the internet channel, and then plug a usb wireless keyboard (about $30) receiver into the back of the wii console it will connect your keyboard. Makes it much easier to search the web (such a geek) on your wii.

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but i have also search high and low for a Wii Keyboard and come bearing Great News!!! Read the Article from www.GAME.Co.UK

Thank you LogiTech!!!!!!

Home > GAME News > News Article

News Article
Wii keyboard offers better ease of use16.10.2007
Nintendo Wii owners can look forward to greater ease of use for the consoles thanks to a new compatible keyboard from Logitech.

The Logitech Classic Keyboard 2000 is a full-sized piece of kit that is ready for immediate use. It is spill-resistant, too, meaning that if, when playing tennis with the Wii remote, your flailing arms happen to collide unintentionally into a mug of coffee, and should that mug's contents then rain down on the keyboard, it is unlikely to be damaged.

It will work with Wiis that have been updated to the Wii Menu version 3.1, which can be done by selecting 'Wii System Update' in the Wii Settings menu.

"We are delighted that Logitech is supporting Wii and are very excited in Europe to bring another compatible keyboard to Wii owners," said the firm's Laurent Fischer.

"Logitech is the perfect partner to bring Wii owners yet another experience, maximizing their enjoyment and usage of the Wii console."

The keyboard should be available in the UK next month.

Me again.... fresh from the LogiTech website.... and the cost? about £7.... wahooo

Logitech Announces Classic Keyboard 200 Support for Nintendo’s Wii Console

FREMONT, Calif. — Oct. 10, 2007 —Logitech (SWX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today announced that the Logitech® Classic Keyboard 200, a full-sized USB keyboard, is compatible with Nintendo’s popular Wii™ home video game system.

“We are pleased to have Logitech’s support and be able to bring yet another keyboard compatible with the Nintendo Wii console,” says George Harrison, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. “Logitech is the perfect partner to support Wii gamers who want to optimize their Wii experience.”

“Wii has infused the gaming community with tremendous new energy,” said Bruce Lancaster, vice president of Logitech’s gaming business unit. “And the Logitech Classic Keyboard 200 adds value to the exciting Wii experience. Now consumers can enjoy the advantages of having a keyboard to help them manage their Wii Message Board and enter text in the Wii Internet Channel.”

Ready for immediate use, the plug-and-play Classic Keyboard 200 offers people the advantages of a compact form factor and low-profile keys. Ideal for use in the living room, the Classic Keyboard 200 features a spill-resistant design; if a gamer does spill water or coffee, for example, on the keyboard during the heat of competition, a carefully designed drainage system prevents the hardware from being damaged under most circumstances.

The Classic Keyboard 200 will work with Wii systems that have been updated to the latest Wii Menu, version 3.1. Users can perform this update by selecting the “Wii System Update” button in the Wii Settings menu.

Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Classic Keyboard 200 is available now in the U.S. and Europe for a suggested retail price of $14.99 (U.S.).

About Logitech
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SWX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).

# # #

Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s Web site at www.logitech.com.

Wii is a trademark of Nintendo.

This is true...... It is huge (normal keyboard size) but it works a treat......

Also it only cost me £8 on www.play.com

I thought about getting the smaller one but decided against it.... each to there own i suppose.....

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy software for the wii so it can play movies direct from the internet?

I just hook up the keyboard from the computer and it works fine except for the enter button which i just use the wii mote for.

I have a wireless keyboard that I use for my Laptop on my new 40 inch LCD. It has a track ball on it. So if I plug in the adapter to the back of the Wii I can use it when typing messages to my friends in my address book? Guess I need to just try it. I don't have the browser yet but may get it. Don't know if I really need it since my laptop sits right by my Wii and I can turn it on and put my TV in PC mode. And I hardly do that I would rather sit at my desk and use the desktop when doing internet.

It just works...tried it with a MS wireless keyboard and works just fine-thought I was the only one without a PC

I'm thinking about buying Wii, but I need classic joystick...do you know can I use classic joystick on Wii???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back