Wii Nunchuck Controller Neccesary?

Close

幸せ雑&
Oct 13, 2006
Ohio
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Is The Wii Nunchuck Controller Neccesary?
Well , I put this in the Wii Basics sections because I think it's basic :)

only if you plan on playing anything but wii sports for a long time

Alright , so it is neccesary :) thanks:cool:

Right, But It Aslo Has Sensorys In It For Such Like A Sheild It Also Comes With The Wii When U Buy It And So Does Wii Sports. Did This Help?

Excite truck doesn't use it, not racing game will (not yet at least). The Nunchuk is designed for any 3D worlds that a character has to have a full range of motion in. Think of the Wiimote as the mouse, and the nunchuck as the keyboard, it makes it very simple to play and just like PC shooters, very simple to learn and adapt. I find that most consoles lack this ability because two joysticks on a controller don't offer much ease... until now of course. The Wii should prove that statement wrong! And I can't wait to prove it in Redsteel neither! :D

tuned said:
Excite truck doesn't use it, not racing game will (not yet at least). The Nunchuk is designed for any 3D worlds that a character has to have a full range of motion in. Think of the Wiimote as the mouse, and the nunchuck as the keyboard, it makes it very simple to play and just like PC shooters, very simple to learn and adapt. I find that most consoles lack this ability because two joysticks on a controller don't offer much ease... until now of course. The Wii should prove that statement wrong! And I can't wait to prove it in Redsteel neither! :D

Well put. Now I can finally explain to my friends clearly the difference between nunchuck and wii mote. Hope you dont mind if I use your Keyboard/Mouse analogy. :thumbsup:

tuned said:
I agree, well said, but actually there is a racing game that plays with both the wiimote and nunchuk: Need For Speed: Carbon. However, I believe that's just an option and that you can play it by just placing the wiimote on it's side.

I would say that if you don't get one at release, put it on your christmas list because most likely a game will come along that will use it that you'll want to play.

I might mention that Boxing portion of Wii Sports does require the nun-chuck.

Could be quite tricky not to get one considering its included in the Wii pack :devil:

Yeah, i was gonna say that. The nunchuk is already included with the wii.

However, will the nunchuk be used for many multi player games? Or is it mostly used for single player games?

Scuba Kid said:
Yeah, i was gonna say that. The nunchuk is already included with the wii.

However, will the nunchuk be used for many multi player games? Or is it mostly used for single player games?
Depends on the game. If it's a FPS, third person shooter, RPG, or some fighting game that has multiplayer, then you'll need the nunchuk. However, if it's a less complex game like WarioWare, Wii Sports, or a racing game, then you probably won't need it.

Back