Wii on a 19'' TFT monitor?

Well my TFT has a DVI in and an audio in. So I will probably be giving this a go, seeing as Im running XP 64 and there don't seem to be any reliable drivers for TV cards.

So just to clarify for myself and others, you need:

B0007UATDG.02._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59076023_.jpg
--> connected to -->
B000JJRV90.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V34066738_.jpg

The 3 video parts of this cable connecting to:
g_00000877.jpg

The 2 audio parts of the cable connecting to:
2xphono-3.5mm.jpg

Then connecting those to the monitor:
B000FM7DOE.02._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35571741_.jpg

Perhaps.

Jez said:
Well my TFT has a DVI in and an audio in. So I will probably be giving this a go, seeing as Im running XP 64 and there don't seem to be any reliable drivers for TV cards.
Well guys don't splash out just yet, let's wait for mine to arrive then we'll test and see eh? Just to be sure.

that looks like it could work in theory. i hope it does as im hoping to get my hands on a wii in january and would like to play it in my room through my 19" widescreen monitor.

my setup is becoming a bit of a joke now. too many wires haha ah well. keep us informed.

This may help...

Hi there.

I do have the same problem. I want to play my wii in my 19" TFT monitor and for what it looks like Nintendo is not goint to do any VGA cable for the time being.

So I guess we will have to find our own way. I found this cable that may be the solution to conect the audio into the Pc or monitor.
http://www.pixmania.com/es/es/168054/art/hama/adaptador-flexible-jack-3.html

Just let me know what you think about it. By the way, one more thing, Do you know what this cable is mean for? Wii D-Terminal AV Cable
It seems like a VGA cable to me... anyone knows if is compatible with pal version and if really is a VGA ???

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-1mwh.html

Attachments

• g_46000327.jpg
    g_46000327.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 234
  • PA.76337.002.jpg
    PA.76337.002.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 452
Just let me know what you think about it. By the way, one more thing, Do you know what this cable is mean for? Wii D-Terminal AV Cable
It seems like a VGA cable to me... anyone knows if is compatible with pal version and if really is a VGA ???
[/QUOTE]

it could be a vga cable. but i think more likely it might be a HDMI lead to HD sets? i dunno though just think D-terminal (digital-terminal?)

Wow, a lot of good posts in this thread!

Well, I've posted this before, but just encase some people want word straight from Nintendo, here is what they said when I asked them the same basic question:

Hi,

The specs I have for Wii indicate that it will have one multi-out port for component, composite, or S-video. If your computer monitor accepts one of these inputs, you should be able to use your computer monitor as the Wii display. Another option is to install a video capture card in your computer. However, the video capture cards often introduce delays with can negatively impact the playability of video games using that method. Most people will have the best results in using Wii with a TV display.

Nintendo of America Inc.
Mike Chandler

And there are actually a lot of monitors that have all these inputs; just search Newegg.com. I found five or six that would work.

Yeah, but to be frank, buying an adapater for £7 is a lot cheaper than buying a new monitor. So we'll see how they go :)

LastLine said:
Yeah, but to be frank, buying an adapater for £7 is a lot cheaper than buying a new monitor. So we'll see how they go :)

Agreed. I'm waiting with baited breath to see whether this works.

LastLine said:
Well...I was just saying if you do have a monitor with these inputs, then you don't have to spend any money, but yeah, if the monitor lacks these, go with a cheap adapter.:D

Damn, i was sure nintendo said they were releasing official VGA cables in the next few months, but the setup jez posted looks like it'll work alright.

Back