Wii on a 19'' TFT monitor?

hehe I've no idea if this'll work but if it doesn't all the cables will jsut go into my random bits box :)

Well it didn't work I hate to say :( The parts all fit, but it just doesn't output correctly through VGA, gives me a blank black screen.

I have an external TV tuner...the problem is that with TV tuners, it lags a little, even when watching "live" TV...if I'm watching TV on my computer and someone else is watching the same thing in a different room I can hear the 2 second lag time...this obviously is a problem in games too as timing is everything...I can see picture perfectly it just lags a few seconds behind, maybe its just my TV tuner...

ive been reading up on this for ages without and joy and this seems to be the best thread so im hoping i can bring it back to life!

I have a samsung 225bw 22" widescreen monitor. Samsung have told me that if i buy a wii component cable and a dvi to component converter (that i can get for about £10) it will work. They say the monitor can convert the component signal to work on the monitor. Can this be true? I get the feeling they are fobbing me off.

Can anyone shead light on this? Has anyone managed to get a wii to work on their monitor using dvi or vga without a conversion box?
Cheers

hi there, i tried to connect my wii with LG 206WTQ through a vga to component cable but it dont works, the screen showed "out of range 115khz / 60hz"

bugarrati said:
hi there, i tried to connect my wii with LG 206WTQ through a vga to component cable but it dont works, the screen showed "out of range 115khz / 60hz"
A straight conversion device doesnt change the sync which if I remember correctly is only 15 Khz horizontal.

Back