Wii Play is fantastic.

sentbytelevision

Loyal to Nintendo
Feb 27, 2007
The Television Set
I can't believe all the haters I'm seeing on here. 9 games that come bundled with an extra Wiimote is nothing to complain about. What exactly were people expecting from this game when it was marketed for the purpose of getting people "comfortable" with the controls.
For those who say "that's just an excuse"...not really. "Wii Sports already got people comfortable with the Wiimote"...no, not in the same way at all. The games are all very simple and "user friendly" so people can practise pointing, twisting, "driving", and depth. I didn't see any "point + click" games in Wii Sports...or the "driving" position...or any games where depth is an issue.

Now I'm not judging anybody here, but you do have to have these things called friends to maximize the experience.

Shooting Range: sure it can get boring, but so could Duck Hunt. Fans of these kinds of games will find it entertaining.

Find Mii: Personally my favorite game. It's refreshing to have a game that doesn't rely solely on your gaming skills.

Table Tennis: Back and forth, back and forth. Boring? Maybe. I think the majority of people slam this one just because they can't reach the Platinum Medal.

Pose Mii: Ridiculous. This game bombards me way too much.

Laser Hockey: My paddle was "sticking" as well, like many people have said. But instead of calling Customer Support, I did the logical thing and just changed the batteries, and I haven't had a problem since. The Platinum Medal is a little crazy to go for, but the multi-player value is fantastic.

Pool: What's there to complain about? It's 9-ball.

Fishing: I'll agree here. It's almost a pointless game and I got the Platinum Medal right off the bat...but it's still fun watching people struggle with the Small Frys.

Charge!: Excellent. Loads of fun in single and multi-player modes.

Tanks!: Again excellent. Easily the best game on the disc, even if it's not my favorite.

So stop hating. People with high expectations will always be let down compared to someone who goes into a game with an open mind.

I can't stand it when I read reviews and opinions slating Wii Play. Christ sake, it is a £5 game! You don't spend all that money on the game, you spend it for the remote and get the game with it for a very good price. It isn't meant to be a deep and lengthy experience; its purpose is to introduce people to the Wii remote (admittedly, for that reason Wii Play should have been out in America on launch, as it was in the UK), and it does achieve that purpose.

I love Wii Play. It is an entertaining title that is ideal if you fancy a quick game of something. It's great being able to sling the disc in and have a game or two of laser hockey or billiards, and Charge! is great fun. Tanks!, meanwhile, is more than worth the money alone.

Definitely a great deal for the $10 you pay for the game.

My wife actually plays this game while I'm at work, she likes the cow racing game. We have gotten more than our $10 of fun out of the game.

Good deal for the money if you're gonna buy the controller anyway.. would like to have seen one or two four player games though. While I most certainly would not call the title "fantastic", I DO believe that a lot of the bad flak comes from people who review/examine the title on the same level as a stand-alone Wii title. It's my least played game for sure, but that's only because two people generally have to sit around and watch.

Finally..someone who DOESN'T think wii play is rubish..I actually really like this game, when I got a bit of spare change I plan on getting it

I really like Shooting. I got platinium but what you can so is play with both wiimotes. It's really cool.

The two wiimotes idea is pretty cool. I'm gonna have to give that a shot. I have been enjoying Warioware's shooter a bit more for some reason (more action packed I guess).

I love doing the shooting by holding two wiimotes myself.

And good good, what happend to all the 'ii' beach bum

I don't even think wii play is worth 10 bucks IN MY OPINION.....luckily i rented it and i swear i played all the games one time and never touched it again

Hey surfinrach90, I drop the ii thing to see you reaction... if you don't like it.... ii don't miind goiing back! :D

It's good for the price w/ the extra Wiimote... but nothing great.

Back