Wii Points pricing structure

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Nintendo UK has confirmed the pricing for Wii points - the magical currency that will buy you Virtual Console games through Wii's shopping channel.

In Europe, it turns out, 2000 Wii points will cost you EUR 20 or GBP 14, and you can expect to be able to buy them on cards through retailers, and using your credit card online.

Games will cost the same amount of points worldwide - 500 points for NES games, 800 points for Super Nintendo games, and 1000 for Nintendo 64 - and apparently other titles (SEGA, TurboGrafx) will be decided soon.
Advertisement

However the cost of the cards will vary. In the US, 2000 Wii points will cost US$ 20.

So basically:

NES Games are gonna be £3.50, SNES games £5.60, and N64 for £7.

I was hoping for about half that price, does seem a little expensive.

I wonder if the downloads credited are logged in your Wii Connect24 account, allowing you to download the games again freely if you accidently delete them or whatever...

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67671

To be honest, i feel slightly stabbed in the back by Nintendo. Of course im still going to get the Wii but everyone has been saying o man the Wii is going to cost so much less then the 360 and PS3.....well quite frankly....no its not going to....i mean $60 for controller and nuncachuk......$50 for each game....$250 for the system.....and now $20 for a maximum of 4 NES games.....2 SNES games...and 2 N64 games that puts it to about $50 less than the Xbox 360 ($400) which really isnt to much of a difference......and plus everyone is going to be buying more and more games on the VC increasing the amount and everything where the 360 the only thing that is increasing the money spent is games for the system, and online service....which is only like 5 bucks a month and really isnt enough for people to complain about....especially because they get like 2-12 month free cards........geez i thought the Wii was going to be "so" much cheaper than the other systems

JCpackers05 said:
To be honest, i feel slightly stabbed in the back by Nintendo. Of course im still going to get the Wii but everyone has been saying o man the Wii is going to cost so much less then the 360 and PS3.....well quite frankly....no its not going to....i mean $60 for controller and nuncachuk......$50 for each game....$250 for the system.....and now $20 for a maximum of 4 NES games.....2 SNES games...and 2 N64 games that puts it to about $50 less than the Xbox 360 ($400) which really isnt to much of a difference......and plus everyone is going to be buying more and more games on the VC increasing the amount and everything where the 360 the only thing that is increasing the money spent is games for the system, and online service....which is only like 5 bucks a month and really isnt enough for people to complain about....especially because they get like 2-12 month free cards........geez i thought the Wii was going to be "so" much cheaper than the other systems

you have added up the extra controller for the wii a game and 2-4 VC games... the wii itself and its still $50 cheaper than a 360?

now get the total for a 360 + 1 controller + 1 game + 4 other little tiny games (you can buy over xbox live) and i can assure you that gap will be greater than $50...

compare apples to apples not apples to oranges...

since when was $50 A BAD THING? Thats a great thing, and if you do the costs, 60 for a controller while its 50 for a game, and its reverse for like 360, your saving MORE money. and they havent even revealed if they will do a wiimote+nunchuk for $50. who carers about VC, you dont HAVE to buy it, at most if they have REALLY good games i will buy them. but if no one buys them nintendo might lower the price

i0n said:
So basically:

NES Games are gonna be £5, SNES games £8, and N64 for £10.

I was hoping for about half that price, does seem a little expensive.

I wonder if the downloads credited are logged in your Wii Connect24 account, allowing you to download the games again freely if you accidently delete them or whatever...

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67671

*cough cough* um... N64 games are £7?

Nintendo Uk:
Nes : £2.65
Snes : £4.25
N64 : £5.30

2000 point card will cost about £10

Well said.

I mean, £14 for a controller, £7 for N64 game... thats only £21 and then each game after is cheaper 'cause you wont need to buy the controller... much cheaper....

i don't know why you guys are complaining, nintendo is giving you exactly what it told you at E3. its not going to be over 250 dollars, vc games are gonna be 5-10 dollars and games will be no more than 50 dollars. The wiimote and nunchuck is going to be packaged together not separately. Since they're the whole point of the f***ing console the price is good the way it is.

the wiimtoe and nunchuk ARE packaged seperatly, but im hoping for a both for $50 deal, if not from nintendo atleast from gamestop

Back