Wii Proove our Promise Countdown!!

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Okay guys, today, August 17, means there's 6 more days till they MOST LIKLEY tell us the release date && price, and maybe more. The event is the "Wii Proove our Promise" at the European Expo, here are some promises they have made:

-Wii will release before Thanksgiving.

-Wii will be under $250.00.

-Wii first party games will not be over $50.00. (I find this most likley to be true, I mean, is buying the Wii version of LoZ: TP really worth the 10 extra bucks? Why not just buy the GC version?)

-Virtual Console games will be $4-$9.

Let's hope we can get the console for $199.99 with 1 controller, or pay 249.99 who a game, (probally Wii Sports) and 2 controllers!! (Personaly if the game was Wii Sports I would just buy the second controller seperatly and get the $199.99 version)

Reply promises to add to the list, please provice sources!!!

Last edited:
While no pricing info has been announced for the Virtual Console feature, at the June 2006 Nintendo briefing, Satoru Iwata suggested that new, original, low-scale games could be sold via the Virtual Console at a price of between JP¥500 and JP¥1000(≈USD$4–$9 or ≈€3.5–€7).[33][34] In a presentation in Spain, it was mentioned that Nintendo of Spain was considering a pre-paid card option for its Virtual Console purchases.[35]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

Okay, yah, those first 3 things everybody knows, I coulnt find the source for the Virtual Console price, which I knew about, so I didnt put it up there, I hope we get pre paid cards, because even though they are targeting all ages, most of the players will probally be under 18. And i dont know about you guys, but whenever i ask to use my mom's credit card she says NO, even if its totaly secure. (atleast with online, at stores and what not its fine)

$4-$9? Thats Awesome!

Wait... Whats The Date For Thanksgiving? Nov. 26th? Awesome!

Maybe they will introduce some kind of top-up card option where younger Wii users can purchase game credits in stores and use the codes or whatever to download on the VC.

Will be interesting to see exactly how Nintendo will approach the VC for its younger market.

Nintendo convention at germany is just 1 week ahead, we just have to wait and see!!!

It's actually 8 days till the 23rd(15+8=23 not 15+7 sry that just bugged me)

I hope there's major leakage at that convention! I want some info!

lol, yah sorry i was extremely in a rush when i posted this, becuase my sister was kicking me off. >.< well not that its the next day, its fixed lol

oh and i0n, what you described is a pre-paid card. ;)

ok someone here should set up a countdown clock to leipzig like that shotty wii release one but it should be shown in the main menu of this website hint hint nudge nuidge i0n

Sovieto said:
lol, yah sorry i was extremely in a rush when i posted this, becuase my sister was kicking me off. >.< well not that its the next day, its fixed lol

oh and i0n, what you described is a pre-paid card. ;)
I think Ion means a gift card type of card.

I agree Harris!

Don't ask me why but I have a strange feeling its going to released on the 17th of either september,october or november. It sounds right in my head

Back