Seeking Advice About Buying A Wii Package,

ejmartin

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2007
Dear wii community, winners had advertised a wii package with following: console, 1 controller, sports kit game, ray blaster, racing wheel, game bag, cooling stand, dual charger, jelly grip, memory card, console wrap, component cable.

My questions are:
the cost was $450, is this a good deal in your opinions
what's the cooling stand?
does a memory card always come with a console? yes? no?

does one have to buy the dual charger?
interestingly the package seemed to come with one controller only, no nunchucks. Does one need a nunchuck in general, for the better games?
For most games, is it better to have 2 of each?

in the end we didn't get the package, husband vetoed it, saying it was too expensive and all we need is controller and 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks.
Is this the best way to go? (anyways we most likely will have to wait post xmas as wii's are sold out).

thanks in advance for all of your help.....happy holidays

Well what you get with a normal purchase of the Wii console is the console itself, a Wiimote and nunchuck, Wii Sports, and all the cords and plug ins needed to work the unit, like the sensor bar etc.

The package you are talking about seems to have some things that are not necessary. The cooling stand is for if the console gets hot, it helps control the heat (although the Wii never overheats, or gets really hot), so the cooling stand is not needed.

A memory card does not always come with the Wii, but one is needed if you wish to play Gamecube games. Wii games save right on the Wii's internal memory, which is 512mb.

A charger is also not needed, energizer batteries last a while I find, so charging batteries is not always needed to be done.

A nunchuck is needed in a lot of games, having one is recommended.
Some games use a variety of controls, some will use only the remote, others will use both the remote and nunchuck. Having one of each is needed, and having more depends on the game being played.

Like if you wanted to play with more people in say a multiplayer game, you would need enough controllers and types of each (wiimotes and nunchucks) depending on the amount, however the max you can play with at one time is 4. So have four Wiimotes and nunchucks if you are playing with friends.

Personally not buying that package was a good idea, just stick with the normal purchase and upgrade from that with what you see fit, what fits your needs.

if it doesnt come with a nunchuck then most likely its a used product and no i don't think its worth it. I know it sounds hard but i would wait it out. Its not like you will miss out on any thing, if any thing some of the games might be cheaper come january. If its in fact used i wouldnt get it and at the same time they are trying to charge you for things that don't add up to that price. lets see:

Dual charger 19.99 some 30.00
the racing wheel along with most of the other stuff like jelly grip and mem card i have seen in a package that cost like 25.00 but the wheel is realy not needed.

the sports game is supposed to come with it free so he is probaly trying to charge you for that as well, and it says component cables thats most likely 25.00 to 30.00 bucks, but like i said if he is including that then its used and not worth it to me.

If the system was indeed new then he still should be charging you at least 100 bucks cheaper. all that is not worth 450.00 Thats 50 dollars cheaper than buying two systems. so to me its not worth it.

I agree the bundle doesn't seem worth it.

The cooling stand is a stand for the wii to go on to keep it cool when it heats up. I have not had any problems with heat on my wii and its in a more confined space, so to me thats not needed

The memory card I would recommend obtaining one... eventually, while the wii doesn't need one (it has 512MB of harddrive space), it can fill up fairly fast and the memory card can be an extra place to store those items. Although its a normal SD card, I bought a 2 GB one for 50 bucks. They are cheap.

Duel charger is to allow your remotes to charge with a battery supplied with the charger, normal AA batteries work fine, although depending on how much you play you can go through them fast. Duel charger would be if you play alot..I just use normal rechargable AA batteries.

The nunchuck I would say is a must. Besides wii sports requiring a nunchuck for the boxing (and that can be 2 plays, so 2 chucks), many of the more immerssing games (not the standard party games), will use a nunchuck, although many are one player. At least one nunchuck I think is needed, 2 is better.

Alot of the things on that bunddle are extranous, like the jell grip..supplied by nintendo for free with all its controlers now.

In the end, you made a good decision. Wait for just the console and then go up from there.

Avoid the bundle! They are rip offs! The games that come with them are often garbage. You'll only end up hating the Wii if you get a bundle. If you want a Wii be in the store when they get their shipments. The rest is up to your ability to wake up early.

bad deal u could probobly get the wii with all that stuff for cheaper
dont get it unless ur despret for a wii

i added up all that stuff at basically the highest price i could think of like $30 for the dual charger(which can be found on sale for $20, nyko model), $20 for the cooling stand(which can easily be found for less than $15), etc and assuming that the console and everything is brand new with a nunchuck and everything, and it still came to about $40 less than the bundle you were looking at. the only upside to that i guess is if they have it in stock.

kyle

The bundle is a rip-off. All Wii consoles come with a Nunchuck, and if the bundle doesn't come with the Nunchuck, then the Wii would probably be second hand. The Wii doesn't usually come with a memory card (SD Card) but you won't need one unless you have at least 20 games or play GameCube games.

Back